[.13-1.1.81] Aircraft (1.8.6)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.0] Aircraft (1.0.6) New Planes!

Post by Sunnova »

Thank you for the reply, yes, it was the jet from my testing. Even using it on areas I've already explored the game would corrupt. The flying fortress seems fine so far, only about 30 minutes testing it though. I'll stop using the jet for now.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

ok, flying fortress also caused game corruption today. :(

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

charmead wrote:ok, flying fortress also caused game corruption today. :(
Sorry to hear about that, I'll try to do some more extensive and prolonged testing (I haven't gotten very into 0.13 yet) to try to find the cause, it's likely a bug in vanilla because this mods just adds entities, no scripts, but I probably fucked something up.

Also, if you're playing on steam, you could try verifying your file integrity (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335)

EDIT: Tried to use the Reddit format for links...
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Good idea, I'll run that verify right now. Thanks for all your time on this. :)

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.13.3] Aircraft (1.0.7) New Planes!

Post by zingo2 »

Thx for the new mod!

FF seems buffed but it has corruption :(

Only a suggestion: When sometimes you fly fast- and you hop out of plane- it keeps dragging along the way- sometimes over water. Is it possible for them- when player exits planes- to use auto brakes- if no player detected?

Keep up the progress.

Have you toughed of an Aircraft carrier that could deploy mini-fighter bots?
Like this guy from Starcraft?

(a beefy ship that could deploy mini bots based on follower robot list- the more you research it the more robots you get. Ofc launching mini robots costs some sort of resources- rocket fuel could be nice. That kind of ship would be good for taking out very very large alien bases in late game.)

UPDATE::: Flying Fortress- using it caused save game corruption. Server restarted several auto saves back. You might want to track whats causing the corruption?

In 1.0.5 FF was okey. You might want to start from there. My hunch a wrong code line with directories in 0.13.xx and when game does checksum-it fails.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

zingo2 wrote:Thx for the new mod!

FF seems buffed but it has corruption :(

Only a suggestion: When sometimes you fly fast- and you hop out of plane- it keeps dragging along the way- sometimes over water. Is it possible for them- when player exits planes- to use auto brakes- if no player detected?

Keep up the progress.

Have you toughed of an Aircraft carrier that could deploy mini-fighter bots?
Like this guy from Starcraft?

(a beefy ship that could deploy mini bots based on follower robot list- the more you research it the more robots you get. Ofc launching mini robots costs some sort of resources- rocket fuel could be nice. That kind of ship would be good for taking out very very large alien bases in late game.)

UPDATE::: Flying Fortress- using it caused save game corruption. Server restarted several auto saves back. You might want to track whats causing the corruption?

In 1.0.5 FF was okey. You might want to start from there. My hunch a wrong code line with directories in 0.13.xx and when game does checksum-it fails.
Someone else mentioned corruption with this, but I can't replicate it. Is there anything specific that you're doing with it that may cause it?

Also, a carrier does sound like a pretty sweet idea, I'll see if I can find a way to auto-launch. As for the planes just flying off into nowhere, maybe I could increase the friction value.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Both the jet and ff still cause game corruption for me. Just flying around. The corruption for me happens during a auto save or when I save the game myself. I'm also using the super tank mod, went back to that after the planes started having problems. It has not caused any problems with game saves so far. of course, it is a much slower vehicle.
Last edited by Sunnova on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

charmead wrote:Bot the jet and ff still cause game corruption for me. Just flying around. The corruption for me happens during a auto save or when I save the game myself. I'm also using the super tank mod, went back to that after the planes started having problems. It has not caused any problems with game saves so far. of course, it is a much slower vehicle.
It's possible that the auto-save is saving ungenerated chunks from when the game can't keep up. The only solution I could imagine would be to either reduce the speed of the planes by ~25%, or mentioning that you should only save a short time after stopping.

Otherwise, this appears to be a base-game bug.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

SuicidalKid wrote:
Someone else mentioned corruption with this, but I can't replicate it. Is there anything specific that you're doing with it that may cause it?

Also, a carrier does sound like a pretty sweet idea, I'll see if I can find a way to auto-launch. As for the planes just flying off into nowhere, maybe I could increase the friction value.
For me this only Happened with FF. As i mainly used jet as the base is huge- even killing aliens with it.

Then i went back to "hangar" area to try FF. Saw some aliens and started killing them. 10min in and bam- a pop up shows up- corrupted game state bla bla bla. It didn't happen while using Jet.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

zingo2 wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote:

For me this only Happened with FF. As i mainly used jet as the base is huge- even killing aliens with it.

Then i went back to "hangar" area to try FF. Saw some aliens and started killing them. 10min in and bam- a pop up shows up- corrupted game state bla bla bla. It didn't happen while using Jet.
Interesting, I'll go about testing this a bit more extensively this time. Still don't know how it's corrupting the game state, there are no scripts in this mod. Maybe it's just too many explosions for the game to handle?

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

Sent you a pm. I can send you the server log with the error. Pm me where to send it.

The Log shows it all how the problem starts- how it builds up and how it just times out as it gets bigger.

This builds up as server tries to process it but fails and then its a snowball effect:

"NetworkInputHandler.cpp:694: applyAllTickClosures: applying tickClosure(tick(44195758) inputActions((CheckCRCHeuristic) ) ) for peer(0)
80.843 Info "

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

zingo2 wrote:Sent you a pm. I can send you the server log with the error. Pm me where to send it.

The Log shows it all how the problem starts- how it builds up and how it just times out as it gets bigger.

This builds up as server tries to process it but fails and then its a snowball effect:

"NetworkInputHandler.cpp:694: applyAllTickClosures: applying tickClosure(tick(44195758) inputActions((CheckCRCHeuristic) ) ) for peer(0)
80.843 Info "
Unfortunately, I am unsure about how to parse this log. As I have said before, there are no scripts in this mod (yet) that should cause any crashing, corruption, or desync. Keep in mind, that the 0.13 branch is still new, and this could be a base-game issue.

I will continue actively looking into this, however.

I noticed that you're playing on Linux, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Does this only happen on multiplayer?

EDIT: I would recommend submitting the log and any other info you may have to the devs in case it really is base game.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

Sure no problem.

Yea the server is leased from nc1.eu

https://nc1.eu/en/

As servers go they have high quality products and support but they don't support the actual game! :D
(I have no complaints of the actual server)

Hopefully a Developer or a Modder can help you out what this actually means, I mean Factorio Modders are quite knowledgeable.
0.13.xx is a good build- noone said it would be easy until all bugs and hiccups are out.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

Any news? What did the Devs say?

Did you fix the mod so it wont corrupt save?

I noticed when the server saves game and if you are in a plane then it corrupts the game.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Looks to be the case Zingo2, I turned off autosave, and no probems with the plane, so as long as auto save is off, and you don't save the game while in the plane, all seems good.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

charmead wrote:Looks to be the case Zingo2, I turned off autosave, and no probems with the plane, so as long as auto save is off, and you don't save the game while in the plane, all seems good.
Yep. I noticed that too while i was on rails and watching train GUI from within the plane- then server autosaved and the pop up of corruption poped out.

It might also explain why with Flying fortress when fighting aliens it corrupted too(cant remember) but also could be save game related.

Any idea to help the Author to fix it?

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

No, I wish.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Hey guys, please do know that I'm still trying to figure out what is going on. I, personally, cannot reproduce this bug on my computer (my saves are fine when saved in all kinds of aircraft, flying fortress included.) I've posted a question in modding help, and I'm mostly waiting for someone that actually knows what they're doing to help me out.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Makes me wonder what mods Zingo2 and I have in common, could be a conflict of some kind.

Pantera
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pantera »

I just made a post in the other aircraft thread I though I post it here aswell maybe something will help viewtopic.php?p=181527#p181527

Return to “Mods”