KS Power

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Locked
User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

KS Power

Post by Klonan »

Last edited by Klonan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 12:52 am
Contact:

Re: KS Power

Post by Shanix »

Discovering this mod.

It's everything I ever wanted, and it's better balanced too. I love having the burner generator near start, makes things move faster and it just feels right.

Good work to everyone.

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: KS Power

Post by Klonan »

Shanix wrote:Discovering this mod.

It's everything I ever wanted, and it's better balanced too. I love having the burner generator near start, makes things move faster and it just feels right.

Good work to everyone.
Im glad you like it :D

I have updated the mod, noticed that the sound for diesel gens wasnt working propoerly, which has now been fixed (so its a very minor update...)

wesleytech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] KS Power

Post by wesleytech »

when i was checking out this mod i was like: wow... this is awesome!

Thanks for making such a cool mod!

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] KS Power

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Any particular reason the wind mills sometimes rotate clockwise and sometimes counterclockwise?

Also, is there any good math somewhere on exactly how steam engines produce power (like, how fast coal gets consumed for how much heat for how much water, and how much water is consumed for how much power how fast)

I assume you figured that out yourself, since you compared efficiency.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] KS Power

Post by Klonan »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Any particular reason the wind mills sometimes rotate clockwise and sometimes counterclockwise?

Also, is there any good math somewhere on exactly how steam engines produce power (like, how fast coal gets consumed for how much heat for how much water, and how much water is consumed for how much power how fast)

I assume you figured that out yourself, since you compared efficiency.

The windmills can now be rotated, and one rotation spins clockwise, and the other counter-clockwise.

The steam engines produce 100% power from hot water, so I derive energy output from the efficiency of boilers, a boiler is 50% efficient, so for 8MJ (1 piece of coal) you'd get 4MJ of hot water energy (which is perfectly converted to power)

User avatar
Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:11 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Any particular reason you chose petroleum gas and light oil as the ingredients to make diesel fuel?

I ask since diesel fuel is on the heavy end of petroleum fuels. Petroleum gas is very often propane and butane, which are 3 and 4 carbon molecules, respectively. Diesel fuel's molecules have between 8 and 21 carbon atoms in them with 12 as the average, so using petroleum gas to make it doesn't make sense. If it was a combination of light and heavy oil then I could see it working better, and it would make the player figure out whether they want to make something with heavy oil besides lubricant or just to crack it down into light oil and petroleum gas.

johntarmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by johntarmac »

Hi, I get an error.... 'tank-smoke' was not recognized id of entity

Only other mod I'm using is Default Request Amount.

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Klonan »

johntarmac wrote:Hi, I get an error.... 'tank-smoke' was not recognized id of entity

Only other mod I'm using is Default Request Amount.
The mod will only work with the full version of the game, version 0.12.11 and greater

johntarmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by johntarmac »

Klonan wrote:
johntarmac wrote:Hi, I get an error.... 'tank-smoke' was not recognized id of entity

Only other mod I'm using is Default Request Amount.
The mod will only work with the full version of the game, version 0.12.11 and greater
Heh, auto updating wasn't updating.

Sorted now thank you.

User avatar
KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Hay i just started using this mod, i'm pleasantly surprised, the only things i can say, suggestions more than anything.
the Diesel Generator is realy nice but it doesn't seem to pass the diesel out the other side into a pipe but it will go into another generator ?
also i would love to be able to barrel the diesel so i could move it more easily without pipes

as an aside, the diesel will pass-through one generator to another but wont come out a pipe at the other end is this intended ?

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Klonan »

KNOWFEAR1337 wrote:Hay i just started using this mod, i'm pleasantly surprised, the only things i can say, suggestions more than anything.
the Diesel Generator is realy nice but it doesn't seem to pass the diesel out the other side into a pipe but it will go into another generator ?
also i would love to be able to barrel the diesel so i could move it more easily without pipes

as an aside, the diesel will pass-through one generator to another but wont come out a pipe at the other end is this intended ?
A bit of both, I had it first where it could pass through, then changed it...
You can use a small pump to pull diesel out of it though, lets call that balanced ;)

User avatar
KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Klonan wrote:You can use a small pump to pull diesel out of it though, lets call that balanced ;)
Well at least that's something, it might help me actually just to get them arranged a little better but what about barreling the diesel ? or is there maybe another mod that already does that and is compatible with the diesel from yours ?

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Marc90 »

This mod is awesome, especially the diesel gen!
KNOWFEAR1337 wrote: Well at least that's something, it might help me actually just to get them arranged a little better but what about barreling the diesel ? or is there maybe another mod that already does that and is compatible with the diesel from yours ?
Yeah, I would also like to barrel the diesel up, as I'm also using the fluid-barrel mod (viewtopic.php?t=7887). Then I could move the diesel around with logistics bots.

tigar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by tigar »

Any possibility of having them separate still like you used to? as i like the changes just that it wont work with mopower due to both having a wind turbine that is named the same so can we either get them separate or maybe a name change in the code?

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Klonan »

tigar wrote:Any possibility of having them separate still like you used to? as i like the changes just that it wont work with mopower due to both having a wind turbine that is named the same so can we either get them separate or maybe a name change in the code?
Thats an issue you should raise with mopower, as the wind turbine in his mod is a copy of my one

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] KS Power

Post by Klonan »

Marc90 wrote:This mod is awesome, especially the diesel gen!
KNOWFEAR1337 wrote: Well at least that's something, it might help me actually just to get them arranged a little better but what about barreling the diesel ? or is there maybe another mod that already does that and is compatible with the diesel from yours ?
Yeah, I would also like to barrel the diesel up, as I'm also using the fluid-barrel mod (viewtopic.php?t=7887). Then I could move the diesel around with logistics bots.

You can add a recipe to the fluid barrel to barrel up the diesel if you'd like

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] KS Power

Post by Marc90 »

Klonan wrote:You can add a recipe to the fluid barrel to barrel up the diesel if you'd like
Yes, I did that yesterday and it works fine, but I'm not really good at making graphics at all, so it looks a bit ugly.
And now I have to unbarrel the diesel before I can put it in the generator.

Is it eventually possible, that the generator accepts also the barreled diesel? That would be awesome.

User avatar
KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] KS Power

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

It would be nice to have that recipe for barrel ingredients and unbarreling
Marc90 wrote:now I have to unbarrel the diesel before I can put it in the generator.

Is it eventually possible, that the generator accepts also the barreled diesel? That would be awesome.
Also I think it shouldn't cars don't take barrels of fule, the oil refinery don't take barrels, you wouldn't want to burn the fule and the barrel so you take the fule out first

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] KS Power

Post by Marc90 »

KNOWFEAR1337 wrote:Also I think it shouldn't cars don't take barrels of fule, the oil refinery don't take barrels, you wouldn't want to burn the fule and the barrel so you take the fule out first
1. To unbarrel the assembling machine needs electricity, which the diesel generator generates - if you had a power failure for whatever reason, what would you do then?
2. A canister is maybe better than a barrel, which also holds less liquid, maybe 5-10 or so and of course you wouldn't burn the barrel/canister, you would get it back.

Locked

Return to “Mods”