[MOD 0.12.x] Long Reach

Topics and discussion about specific mods
BlueRaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Long Reach

Post by BlueRaja »

For anyone who wants a slightly longer reach without being insanely OP, the default value is 6.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I'm pretty new to the game and playing "vanilla", but the first time I saw a LPer using this I immediately went and got it. I'd have to say this was my #1 complaint about the game so far. I couldn't seem to go more than a couple of minutes without getting beeped at for being out of range. Total win. Loving the game, looking forward to 0.13.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

BlueRaja wrote:For anyone who wants a slightly longer reach without being insanely OP, the default value is 6.
Actually, I would like to adjust this so I can't reach all the way across the map, which seems a little "cheaty". I just wanted to be able to reach a little further than the default -- maybe say twice the normal distance. I tried changing the values in "data-final-fixes.lua" to a much lower value but that didn't seem to change things. What else do I need to do?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Figured this out. Yes, I was being stupid. *sigh*

Meppi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meppi »

I'm usually a little reluctant to installing gamplay changing mods. This mod however is great. It removes a lot of the tedium without sacrificing game play. I'm not missing the "out of reach error sound" or the maneuvering around pipes. ;)

obstinate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by obstinate »

I'm glad you like it! I'm playing the game again following the steam release and I personally can't get over how much this little tweak changes things. Glad everyone else is enjoying it too. :)

Guz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Guz »

wouold someone please post the link for where I can get the long reach mod?

I am running the latest steam version of the game
I downloaded a zip called long-reach-master
and placed it in C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/factorio/mods

this gives the error C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/factorio/mods/info.json not found

if I place the file in the steam location of C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/factorio/mods
it does not cause an error when starting but it does not make a difference to the game either

so I assume the c:/users/....../mods is the correct location, I do have other mods running sucessfully from that location.

if this mod is not for the steam version of the game would someone please tell me exactly what file I have to edit to change the default range value for the players reach. Please note I am not trying to change the players mining reach.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Don't know where did you get your version from but in first post in this thread there is a link (Download-Url) for the latest version.
Place it in C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/factorio/mods

Guz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Guz »

Thankyou that link you said worked

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

BlueRaja wrote:For anyone who wants a slightly longer reach without being insanely OP, the default value is 6.
Thanks much for that default value of 6! And, thank you to the author of the mod as well. I like to stay as close to the "vanilla" game as possible. But not being able to reach both ends of an underground belt when I'm upgrading is a real pain. Setting the value to a very minor increase like from 6 to 10 will probably make the game a TON more fun for me. Thank you very much!

ls_2011
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ls_2011 »

jakeat133 wrote:I have recently downloaded this mod I really like the concept of it but whenever I try to download it, this message shows up(the message is below). And whenever I remove the mod from the mod folder it runs perfectly. I would like to know if I downloaded it wrong (I kept in the zip.file and dragged it into the factorio mods folder). I have a macbook pro laptop. (I recently purchased factorio so i'm not sure how things work)
you need to unzip it

onurbzinid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by onurbzinid »

Update for 0.13 would be awesome :D

obstinate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by obstinate »

The mod has been updated for 0.13 thanks to a kind contributor. I am not changing the download URL because this subforum is "Mods for 0.12." Please check out the mod portal URL (http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/long-reach) for the latest update.

obstinate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by obstinate »

Hrm. Actually the mod portal is not letting me submit the 0.13 version. I gotta do some research. In the mean time, check out the github releases page for the current release.

obstinate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by obstinate »

Looks like someone else has posted it already, so I need to get ownership over there transferred. I'll do that asap. In the mean time, I'm updating the description with the 0.13 link.

obstinate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by obstinate »

OK I finally figured it out. Google doesn't know about mods.factorio.com yet so it took me a while to find it.

The mod page is here. I don't plan to update this thread again. Please feel free to reach out on github if you have any problems or suggestions!

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/jamesaguilar/long-reach

Return to “Mods”