[MOD 0.18] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.6

Post by Nilaus »

Every time I launch a rocket with an Ion Cannon I get the annoying pop-up warning "launched a rocket without a satellite <TAB>".
Is that a known issue or could it perhaps be a conflict with another mod? I am launching automatically with the "Score Extended" mod.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Nilaus wrote:Every time I launch a rocket with an Ion Cannon I get the annoying pop-up warning "launched a rocket without a satellite <TAB>".
Is that a known issue or could it perhaps be a conflict with another mod? I am launching automatically with the "Score Extended" mod.
Known issue, but it will be fixed when Factorio 0.15 releases. :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Betep3akata wrote:Ok, thanks for the answer. Now I understand.

1. It seems that the event.position.y is still shifted up.
2. Could you please add the HeatupTime into the event too? (I'm going to add each onTarget event into a queue and execute it on HeatupTime expiration in onTick.)

Thanks,
Alex
Hmm, I've been thinking it over and I believe I may have a better solution for properly firing the on_ion_cannon_fired event, in addition to on_ion_cannon_targeted. I'll probably feature both events when I update the mod for 0.15.

Betep3akata
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Betep3akata »

Another reason to wait until .15 era will come. :P
My mods: Scorched Earth, Will-o-the-wisps
//My nickname is some kind of transliteration from Cyrillic to Latin. Betep3akata stands for WindOfSunset.

Forzberg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Forzberg »

hey

Thanks for the mod, great job. However the sound is driving me crazy, how can i disable the firing announcements? I recently switched from PC to mac, so i need all the guidence possible, lol

Thanks!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Forzberg wrote:hey

Thanks for the mod, great job. However the sound is driving me crazy, how can i disable the firing announcements? I recently switched from PC to mac, so i need all the guidence possible, lol

Thanks!
You can, for 0.14, edit the config.lua file in the mod folder (you might need to unzip the mod first). For 0.15, there will be a nice, easy in-game interface for adjusting mod settings. :)

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Hello. Really nice mod. I just built the auto targeting radar but it is not detecting any nests. I suspect it has a limited range? My nearest nests are very far away. Others have said you can increase the range in the config? But I'm not sure what to set it to. Is there a way of seeing the auto targeting range in game?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

British_Petroleum wrote:Hello. Really nice mod. I just built the auto targeting radar but it is not detecting any nests. I suspect it has a limited range? My nearest nests are very far away. Others have said you can increase the range in the config? But I'm not sure what to set it to. Is there a way of seeing the auto targeting range in game?
Auto-targeters will scan like normal radars, so you can monitor their progress on the (mini)map.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

Hey, I have a Suggestion:

I would really like to have a circuit targetting Station, that is a Station that fires an ion cannon at coordinates x,y given by the circuit Input, if eg the "targeter"-Signal is equal to one. This can hopefully be used at lower ups cost then the auto-targetting Station and there is no reason for a maximal range on such a Station.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

ichVII wrote:Hey, I have a Suggestion:

I would really like to have a circuit targetting Station, that is a Station that fires an ion cannon at coordinates x,y given by the circuit Input, if eg the "targeter"-Signal is equal to one. This can hopefully be used at lower ups cost then the auto-targetting Station and there is no reason for a maximal range on such a Station.
Hmm, interesting. I suspect you could do this with the help of this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/aahaxor/LuaCombinator

Orbital Ion Cannon has a remote call available to fire the ion cannon (cf. Readme.txt):

Code: Select all

remote.call("orbital_ion_cannon", "fire_ion_cannon", force, position, surface, player)
Where you must supply a force, position, and surface, but the final argument -- player -- is optional; if you include it, some extra information can be messaged to the player.

Using this remote call together with the Lua Combinators should allow you to wire up a circuit targeting station -- but I've never done anything with combinators myself, so I cannot say for certain exactly what the details should be.

chrisb2e9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chrisb2e9 »

I keep getting an error. About 3 seconds after i push the LMB to fire the laser this happens:

Error while running event on_entity_died (ID 4)
An area of zero size is not supported. Either don't define area to search the entire surface or use 'position'.
stack traceback:
__Powered_Entities__/scripts.lua:153: in function 'destroyEntity'
__Powered_Entities__/scripts.lua:63: in function 'manualModeOnDestroy'
__Powered_Entities__/control.lua:82: in function <__Powered_Entities__/control.lua:77>

At this point I get kicked back to the main menu. I assume that this is a mod conflict?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

chrisb2e9 wrote:I keep getting an error. About 3 seconds after i push the LMB to fire the laser this happens:

Error while running event on_entity_died (ID 4)
An area of zero size is not supported. Either don't define area to search the entire surface or use 'position'.
stack traceback:
__Powered_Entities__/scripts.lua:153: in function 'destroyEntity'
__Powered_Entities__/scripts.lua:63: in function 'manualModeOnDestroy'
__Powered_Entities__/control.lua:82: in function <__Powered_Entities__/control.lua:77>

At this point I get kicked back to the main menu. I assume that this is a mod conflict?
Yes with powered entities.
You could remove the mod and try again to confirm the conflict.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

chrisb2e9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chrisb2e9 »

steinio wrote:
Yes with powered entities.
You could remove the mod and try again to confirm the conflict.

Greetings steinio
Thanks! Turned the mod off and the error went away.

improbablytall
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by improbablytall »

Hi,

I've encountered a problem in a save using your mods along with Bob's and Angel's mods, where the Targeting Device doesn't appear as a craftable item when the Ion Cannon (or the Auto-Targeting station) is researched.

The Ion Cannon itself appears in the inventory crafting with a mod listing of "Orbital Ion Cannon > angelsrefining > ShinyBob".
The Targeting Device appears in the filter list (for requesting items, etc) but not in the crafting list, nor in the research page, and is included in the recipe for the Auto-targeting station.

Apologies if this is an Angels problem and nothing to do with you! Thanks for the mod and all the hard work associated with it :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

improbablytall wrote:Hi,

I've encountered a problem in a save using your mods along with Bob's and Angel's mods, where the Targeting Device doesn't appear as a craftable item when the Ion Cannon (or the Auto-Targeting station) is researched.

The Ion Cannon itself appears in the inventory crafting with a mod listing of "Orbital Ion Cannon > angelsrefining > ShinyBob".
The Targeting Device appears in the filter list (for requesting items, etc) but not in the crafting list, nor in the research page, and is included in the recipe for the Auto-targeting station.

Apologies if this is an Angels problem and nothing to do with you! Thanks for the mod and all the hard work associated with it :)
Have you launched an ion cannon into orbit yet? The targeting device won't be craftable until you do so.

improbablytall
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by improbablytall »

Supercheese wrote: Have you launched an ion cannon into orbit yet? The targeting device won't be craftable until you do so.
Doh! That'd do it! Thanks :)

PK2017
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PK2017 »

Hi , and thanks for the great mod!

It would be great if you could target the Ion cannnon(s) with the AAI mod, that way one could have a bit more control of where they shoot ;)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

I'm working on updating for Factorio 0.15, and there are a bunch of new features I'm taking advantage of.

Of course, now that nuclear power is in vanilla, I'm wondering if I should change the recipe for the ion cannon. Maybe include a reactor?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Supercheese wrote:I'm working on updating for Factorio 0.15, and there are a bunch of new features I'm taking advantage of.

Of course, now that nuclear power is in vanilla, I'm wondering if I should change the recipe for the ion cannon. Maybe include a reactor?

Yes! and require uranium to power it!

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Supercheese wrote:I'm working on updating for Factorio 0.15, and there are a bunch of new features I'm taking advantage of.

Also launching the cannon gave space science packs.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Return to “Mods”