[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
firefox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.18]

Post by firefox »

not sure if someone posted yet.

An issue with lots of limestone spawning even when listed as low frequency/small size, as well as there being multiple entries for tin and quartz.

2 images in link

http://imgur.com/a/dTtkY#2mJHis2

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.18]

Post by cartmen180 »

the multiple entries are there because you are also using another mod that adds ores. Limestone is available in numerous quantities because you will need it to produce iron, cement, concrete and will be used for some other stuff aswell.

As stated in the first post compatibility with other mods will be added eventually.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.20]

Post by cartmen180 »

v0.0.20 is uploaded

this version adds:
- 3 new gun turrets: CQB turret, high damage, small range; Sniper Turret, high damage, high range, low rate of fire; .50 Turret, high damage, lower rate of fire than normal turret, slightly increased range.
- 2 new weapons: sniper rifle, fires .50 caliber bullets and a LMG with high rate of fire and slightly more range than SMG, uses the SMG icon.
- range lowered on the SMG, SMG now uses the icon of a SMG.
- added new ammo types: hollow point and .50 caliber
Check out my mods

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Oh, wait! .50! It's a pretty cool update!
*Vitduo takes his Browning M2 from a backpack

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Found a bug. A 'parts assembler' mining result is an assembling machine 1. (Though electronics assembler is fine)

Edit: There are another two tech loops. Oil processing requires Science packs 3, produced in Chemical plants, which are unlocked by same technology.
Crushed iron is made in Electric mill, which requires Steel parts to make, which requires liquid iron melted from a crushed iron.

Copper working 2 requires Copper Parts pack in order to research... something is not right with that :D

Also, the prices on some technologies is quite ridiculous: 120 red and green packs for Automation 2? Common... :shock:

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

you mod mot work in dyteh

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

SigmatroN wrote:Found a bug. A 'parts assembler' mining result is an assembling machine 1. (Though electronics assembler is fine)

Edit: There are another two tech loops. Oil processing requires Science packs 3, produced in Chemical plants, which are unlocked by same technology.
Crushed iron is made in Electric mill, which requires Steel parts to make, which requires liquid iron melted from a crushed iron.

Copper working 2 requires Copper Parts pack in order to research... something is not right with that :D

Also, the prices on some technologies is quite ridiculous: 120 red and green packs for Automation 2? Common... :shock:
Haven't got to use the electric mill in my game yet, so thnx for pointing out that issue. I will fix it for the next release. I am aware of the chemical stuff, i haven't got around to fix that yet, but will also be done in the next release.
The price for automation 2, yes :D Ask yourself this question, how many assemblers 1 do you usually build? I increased the research cost so you have to build a tier 1 factory (or be a diehard and craft all those sciencepacks by hand). It is also to signify sort of a milestone, since automation 2 will significantly increase your ability to produce part packs, and thus science.
Check out my mods

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Airat9000 wrote:you mod mot work in dyteh
As for me this mod is another total conversion mod, so I don't think it's possible to compatible them. Even research systems are completely different!
I was testing the mod several hours ago and can say that it pretty good. The tech system is quite hard and I remembered GregTech. "I want to produce this little thing. OH HOLY SHIT WHAT THE RECIPE I SEE!". Yeah, it's strange why I didnt remember GregTech when I played the game with DyTech. I really dunno.
It was a little intro. I found several bugs. It's three or four missed names for techs and items (e.g. strong plates for .50), name for tungsten ore (wolfram) in the generation menu (not sure maybe it's feature) and too expensive .50 ammo (200 plates for 100 dmg???). And strange autocraft lines (if you wanna make a part assembler but you cant make an assembling machine 1 through complex recipe, you must make an assembler 1 manually through simple recipe and only than you'll can make a part assembler). I know, you can't do anything but maybe you can change priority... Also could you make better sorting for groups? Especially for the second tab, it's the most non-organized group. You made a good sorting in the inserter tab so I know you can do it.
Thanks for attention.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Vitduo wrote: As for me this mod is another total conversion mod, so I don't think it's possible to compatible them. Even research systems are completely different!
I was testing the mod several hours ago and can say that it pretty good. The tech system is quite hard and I remembered GregTech. "I want to produce this little thing. OH HOLY SHIT WHAT THE RECIPE I SEE!". Yeah, it's strange why I didnt remember GregTech when I played the game with DyTech. I really dunno.
It was a little intro. I found several bugs. It's three or four missed names for techs and items (e.g. strong plates for .50), name for tungsten ore (wolfram) in the generation menu (not sure maybe it's feature) and too expensive .50 ammo (200 plates for 100 dmg???). And strange autocraft lines (if you wanna make a part assembler but you cant make an assembling machine 1 through complex recipe, you must make an assembler 1 manually through simple recipe and only than you'll can make a part assembler). I know, you can't do anything but maybe you can change priority... Also could you make better sorting for groups? Especially for the second tab, it's the most non-organized group. You made a good sorting in the inserter tab so I know you can do it.
Thanks for attention.
Can you give me the version of my mod you are running (i usually update every other day). Also can you give me the title of the tab that is non-organized, it might be an order bug so your 2nd tab might not be my 2nd tab. Some screenshots of the tabs are always helpful. I thought the order i put it in is pretty straight forward, but it might be bugged. So screenshots please! :D

The .50 ammo is supposed to be expensive, but it is 200 plates for 100 bullets, not 100 damage. 100 .50 bullets will do 2000 damage, if i make it cheaper it would feel like cheating :p You can't produce it yet anyways, no recipe for the tungstencarbide is in the mod yet.
I am not sure what you mean with the assemblers. I think the game chooses the cheapest recipe when there are multiple ways to produce a part. But i might be wrong. Unfortunately i don't know of any way to set a priority for that.
Check out my mods

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

The second tab is with tabs and plates.
I have the latest version [ALPHA v0.0.20]. .50 pictures attached.
Maybe you're right and the game chooses the cheapest recipe. I dunno. I dunno how game can know what recipe is the cheapest if the recipes use different materials.
Also please fix the part assembler's bug. If you have done it, upload the newest version.
EDIT. The casting facility have bad (pixelized) texture when doesnt work.
Attachments
Items' names are missed
Items' names are missed
5.jpg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 4920 times
Another recipe
Another recipe
4.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 4920 times
A recipe .50. 20 damage per shot, five shots, 200 plates
A recipe .50. 20 damage per shot, five shots, 200 plates
3.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 4920 times

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

I don't know what is wrong with your plates tab. Everything is in the right order for me.

Updated to 0.0.21
- added bauxite to map generation
- added copper, bauxite and tungsten processing
- added more modules

- fixed solar panel module names
- fixed icons for .50 ammo

- changed time to crush ores
- numerous balance tweaks
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:I don't know what is wrong with your plates tab. Everything is in the right order for me.

Updated to 0.0.21
- added bauxite to map generation
- added copper, bauxite and tungsten processing
- added more modules

- fixed solar panel module names
- fixed icons for .50 ammo

- changed time to crush ores
- numerous balance tweaks
+ dyteh work?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

no, it does not work with dytech.
I will see if i can fix it in a future update.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:no, it does not work with dytech.
I will see if i can fix it in a future update.
plaese compartible in dyteh thanks!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.21]

Post by cartmen180 »

v0.0.22 is uploaded
- changed wire range and supply range on electric poles
- small: wire range 9, supply range 1.5
- medium: wire range 20, supply range 1.5
- big: wire range 60, supply range 2
- substation: wire range 15, supply range 7

- added small electric substation
- wire range 9, supply range 4.5

Poles are used to transport electricity across distances, substations are used to supply your machines with electricity.
Check out my mods

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

About solar panels modules. We do still have Effectivity modules, right? So...maybe, it would be more interesting to give solar modules absolute reduction in energy consumption, rather than the relative one. For examble, boost is not -10%, but -10 kW. It's, basically, like sticking a solar panel on top of your assembler. :)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

SigmatroN wrote:About solar panels modules. We do still have Effectivity modules, right? So...maybe, it would be more interesting to give solar modules absolute reduction in energy consumption, rather than the relative one. For examble, boost is not -10%, but -10 kW. It's, basically, like sticking a solar panel on top of your assembler. :)
Unfortunately that is not possible
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Cartmen will it be compatible with bob mods and dytech in future? Not all all compatible but may be ores and their processing?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Cartmen will it be compatible with bob mods and dytech in future? Not all all compatible but may be ores and their processing?
See the first post ^^
Check out my mods

dunpealhunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dunpealhunter »

Why does it take so fracking long to research and get the transport belt? I like what you are trying to do overall, but the transport belt should in my opinion be one of the first and easiest things to get from the start. Right now you have to research 2 other things before you can start on transport belts, and with the time it takes to get research packs it just takes way to long imho.....

Return to “Mods”