matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.15] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.2.0]

Post by matpmag »

Koub wrote:
SillyBits wrote:Call me silly
Silly ! :lol:
Sorry, was just too tempting, apologies for the disturbance, please ignore this useless intervention :)
+1 for value added to this thread :lol: botb!

Chreutz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Suggestions

Post by Chreutz »

Hey Cartmen

New factorio player here, who mostly bought it for the mods, and I'm really enjoying it so far, especially yours!
But is there a bug with the Advanced Circuits? The vanilla recipe is gone, and it can only be crafted in the Electronics Assembler 2, which in itself requires Adv. Circuits... Or am I missing something?

Keep up the cool work. Let me know if you might need some help with anything.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Chreutz wrote:Hey Cartmen

New factorio player here, who mostly bought it for the mods, and I'm really enjoying it so far, especially yours!
But is there a bug with the Advanced Circuits? The vanilla recipe is gone, and it can only be crafted in the Electronics Assembler 2, which in itself requires Adv. Circuits... Or am I missing something?

Keep up the cool work. Let me know if you might need some help with anything.
My bad! I have not fully implemented the new electronics tree so some of the recipes are still missing and some have to be changed as well.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

SillyBits wrote:Call me silly :D but how do I make bronze with current 0.2.0 alpha? I do have both the hg copper and tin ores, but it just tells me it can't be crafted barehanded, and the "crafted in" hint is just plain empty :(
I forgot to add a recipe to make bronze without a crusher. And to research the crusher you need bronze haha. I will have this fixed with most of the other bugs in 0.2.1 but I cannot give you an eta for that.
Check out my mods

SillyBits
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SillyBits »

Hehe yeah, figured such when browsing throu your code :D
No hassle with updating, take your time^^

Chreutz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chreutz »

No worries. I just used the console to create the necessary 20 adv circuits and destroyed the ingredients, and from there it works :D .

Do you have the mod on github or similar? I'm really interested in modding, and would like to start out by contributing to something I like, if you will accept my assistance. Or if you would like some help with docuementation, I'm up for it.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Chreutz wrote:No worries. I just used the console to create the necessary 20 adv circuits and destroyed the ingredients, and from there it works :D .

Do you have the mod on github or similar? I'm really interested in modding, and would like to start out by contributing to something I like, if you will accept my assistance. Or if you would like some help with docuementation, I'm up for it.
I have an old version on github, i really should update it soon. Help is greatly appreciated as I am busy with several projects xD
If you have skype you should send me a pm with your details.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Cartmen we all waiting some good new about your work for this cool mod? May be u can say something about new graphics for ores?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So no hope for 0.12?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I has returned ;)

Post by cartmen180 »

I have returned to the land of the living :p
Currently I am working hard on a new version of the mod compatible with version 0.12
I've got some fresh ideas that I want to combine with the old mod. More information on that later :)
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Post by cartmen180 »

Resource Generation & Gathering
I am currently reworking the way you gather and process raw resources. Iron, Copper and Coal are readily available on the planet's surface in large fields; yields are low though. To effectively mine these ores you will have to develop better strip-mining equipment. These ores are of low quality and are heavily contaminated and therefore not suitable for more advanced machinery. There are other veins of ore however; deep underground. Several variants of these copper and iron veins are generated on the map. Each variant has a specific processing chain to obtain maximum yield and quality.

Besides the rework of the base resources I will also add several other mineral compositions to complement the base resources. Important elements will be tin, lead, silica, tungsten, titanium and aluminium. Tin, Lead and Silica will be important in the production of electronics, tungsten in the production of ammunition and titanium and aluminium are important construction materials.

Oil Processing & Natural Gas
I am currently redesigning the whole oil processing chain. Refining oil will require more steps, more machines and more space. All in all it should give more satisfaction when you have set-up an efficiently working refinery.
Another feature I will include is natural gas. It will have its own resource nodes on the map and requires a different processing chain.

Logistics
Of course I will continue upon my previous logistics mod. I currently plan to add a basic filter, long handed filter (possibly smart variants of these 2) and a super fast inserter (2x fast speed). I will also add sideways, short, and sideways short variants of all the base and new inserters. (A filter inserter cannot be hooked up to the logistics network)
I will also include longer tunnels for belts and longer underground pipes.

Replication
One of the ideas I first had when I wanted to mod factorio was that of condensing matter to energy and use that energy to produce stuff. The highest tier machines and technologies will require/allow the use of replication technology. The benefits of using replication is that it is a lot less polluting than conventional production methods. It can also significantly shorten production lines. (For example you can directly condense ores into replicator energy (RE), so you don't need that heavily polluting production chain anymore.) A downside is that especially early replicators are slow and consume a lot of electric power. There is also a limit to what items and machines you can replicate. For instance very complex products or products with an organic component cannot be replicated. Replicators are also incredibly complex and expensive to produce.

Go to Downloads page

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I has returned ;)

Post by Airat9000 »

;) By the way, you can combine two of my mods

;)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Suggestions

Post by cartmen180 »

Post your suggestions here. Start with the module you are making suggestions for please.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bug Reports

Post by cartmen180 »

If you find a bug please report it here.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

GFX

Post by cartmen180 »

I have started modeling my own structures, thanks to YuokiTani's excellent tutorial videos.
I will post everything i make here. Tell me what you think :)
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ball Mill

Post by cartmen180 »

This is a ball mill. It is used to mill ore into tiny little pieces.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Flotation Cell

Post by cartmen180 »

Once you have tiny little pieces of ore you could let them float a little in a flotation cell!
Tier 1:

Tier 2:
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Crusher

Post by cartmen180 »

To make the ore small enough so it can go through the tiny door of the ball mill it needs to be crushed first.
Check out my mods

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

This should be In WIP until you release

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Mur wrote:This should be In WIP until you release
One of the benefits of having your own sub-forum is that there is no need for such trivialities.
Check out my mods

Return to “Mods”