[MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7.17

Post by Narc »

bryreichle wrote:Is this mod going to be updated for version .13? If its dead is there somthing else out there that i could use? I really loved all the information this mod provides to the user, i really appreciate the work that went into it. Thank you!
SpeedDaemon wrote:Well, .7.17 only came out a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's not abandoned.

I've been fiddling with it, and got it to stop erroring out, but it doesn't actually *work*, either, so there's potentially a lot more work to do than just cleaning up a few 'requires "defines"' and stuff.
The biggest factor for me was time, but thankfully @Bisa was willing to help out, therefore I am pleased to announce we have a YARM 0.7.101 on the mod portal!

MiniMe943 wrote:The icons that someone made a couple pages back aren't in 0.7.17? Why is that?
I kept forgetting about them, but they did make it into the Factorio 0.13 version.

Litcube wrote:You know what would be neat? Sorting by ore type, the yield!
That's a really good point! I've made a note of it. Glad you're enjoying YARM!

bryreichle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bryreichle »

Ur Awesome!! Thankyou for ur hard work.

luma88
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luma88 »

First of all, thank you for the great mod here! It's a must-have mod in my oppinion :)

To help you and the community a little bit, I translated your mod (YARM_0.7.101) into German. See the attached file.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Best wishes from Germany,
luma
Attachments
base.cfg
German translation
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

bryreichle wrote:Ur Awesome!! Thankyou for ur hard work.
No problem, glad you're enjoying it!

luma88 wrote:To help you and the community a little bit, I translated your mod (YARM_0.7.101) into German. See the attached file.
Thanks for the localization, this is wonderful! It's gone into the 0.7.102 release.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

hmm, I seem to be having trouble on 0.13.14 where I get killed when remote viewing a site. Anyone else having this?

(p.s. - thanks for YARM - so very useful once you have 15+ outposts)

edit: ok i think it is because big packs of worms / behemoth spitters kill faster than you heal. Any chance you could add some shields or something to the remote viewer person?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

CorBlimey wrote:hmm, I seem to be having trouble on 0.13.14 where I get killed when remote viewing a site. Anyone else having this?

edit: ok i think it is because big packs of worms / behemoth spitters kill faster than you heal. Any chance you could add some shields or something to the remote viewer person?
If you want to fix this while waiting for an official fix

Open up Yarm/prototypes/prototypes.lua on line 127
change: fake_player.healing_per_tick = 100
to: fake_player.max_health=0
Entities with 0 health can't be attacked.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Nexela wrote:
CorBlimey wrote:hmm, I seem to be having trouble on 0.13.14 where I get killed when remote viewing a site.[...]
[...]
Thank you, that's gone into v0.7.103.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

Nexela wrote:
CorBlimey wrote:hmm, I seem to be having trouble on 0.13.14 where I get killed when remote viewing a site. Anyone else having this?

If you want to fix this while waiting for an official fix

Open up Yarm/prototypes/prototypes.lua on line 127
change: fake_player.healing_per_tick = 100
to: fake_player.max_health=0
thanks (and to Narc for adding it in)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is also destructible property on entity which allows you to make sure it can't be destroyed.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I looked at that one but didn't even think to test it. I wonder if destructable=false can still be attacked? I also didn't check to see if 0 health can still be damaged by fire/poison/explosions so there is a good chance it might need both.

edit: Ok tested with Fire and poison and just using 0 health works.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i play with Homeworld Mod and the YARM Tool said sand is no known ressource.
Is it possible to add it to be yarmable? :)

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

orzelek wrote:There is also destructible property on entity which allows you to make sure it can't be destroyed.
Setting the health to 0 was cleaner -- there was no need to run a migration nor remember to update the code to set `destructible=false` on entity creation.

Nexela wrote:I wonder if destructable=false can still be attacked?
Yup, but in both cases you have to explicitly aggress the biters -- and they don't do any damage regardless, of course. With the remote viewer having no inventory and 0 range for most interactions, that should be difficult (not impossible, just difficult).

steinio wrote:i play with Homeworld Mod and the YARM Tool said sand is no known ressource.
Is it possible to add it to be yarmable? :)
The text is "Unknown resource category" (emphasis mine). The author of Homeworld mod decided that sand was neither a "basic-solid" nor a "basic-fluid", but that it deserved its own category.

I'm not at all sure this check was ever necessary for YARM (I think it may have been part of the initial attempt at supporting endless resources), so look forward to v0.7.104 where it's going to go away.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Narc wrote:I'm not at all sure this check was ever necessary for YARM (I think it may have been part of the initial attempt at supporting endless resources), so look forward to v0.7.104 where it's going to go away.
Aw, that heart-breaking moment when you realize something is a bad idea. In this case, it looks something like this: http://imgur.com/CLtg2lp

Every blue tile there is a resource entity that YARM has to acquire and ask for its remaining quantity on every update; there are (conservatively) tens of thousands in a small desert. Even if you were willing to wait an hour or so for every last one to be detected, you'd then have a minute or two to wait every 10 seconds while they all got counted up. I don't see how it could be playable, and I'm not an advocate of having people shoot themselves in the foot just for clicking the ground in a desert area. Therefore, I'm going to explicitly blacklist sand and give it a special message.

On the other hand, the "unknown resource category" message is going away as promised; I'm not sure any other mod defines separate resource categories for their ores (I'm pretty sure everyone just uses the built-in ones), but they should work now.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well no the sand ressource is not all the desert sand.
It's like coal a pile of sand which is mined like coal but with a sand miner item.

But if there are any reason against it i will accept it.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:Well no the sand ressource is not all the desert sand.
It's like coal a pile of sand which is mined like coal but with a sand miner item.

But if there are any reason against it i will accept it.

Greetings steinio
Afaik if you run Homeworld without RSO then it places the resource on ever sand tile or at least on a lot of them.

With RSO sand is spawned by normal rules so it's not everywhere then.

antisocialian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by antisocialian »

I was looking at a resource patch(don't remember which type) and the additional toolbelt research finished. Now i only get the 2nd toolbelt bar showing if I look at a resource patch and not on my character. Unfortunately I saved over the autosaves to go back to before that was done.

Is there anything that can be done to get it back? I've been hesitant to try commands as I figured that would disable the save from being eligible for achievements.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

orzelek wrote:Afaik if you run Homeworld without RSO then it places the resource on ever sand tile or at least on a lot of them.

With RSO sand is spawned by normal rules so it's not everywhere then.
Fair enough, I didn't have RSO installed when I was testing and YARM was trying to cover a whole desert, a few tiles at a time. Given this difference in behaviour, I'm hesitant to suggest anything other than a configurable blacklist for resource types, with sand on it by default (which can then be removed by players wishing it). I'll write that down as a future enhancement.

antisocialian wrote:I was looking at a resource patch(don't remember which type) and the additional toolbelt research finished. Now i only get the 2nd toolbelt bar showing if I look at a resource patch and not on my character. Unfortunately I saved over the autosaves to go back to before that was done.

Is there anything that can be done to get it back? I've been hesitant to try commands as I figured that would disable the save from being eligible for achievements.
I thought that having mods made the save equally ineligible for achievements. Did this change recently?

As to what command to try, probably something like

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.quickbar_count = 2
, but I'm very surprised this happened in the first place. It looks like the bonus should've been applied to your entire force, but... didn't quite? Iunno. You may need to try other values (e.g., set it to 1) before setting it to 2 will correctly update.

Or, if that doesn't work, you can try un-researching Additional Toolbelt:

/c game.player.force.technologies["toolbelt"].researched = false
, after which you should be able to re-research it normally (at the cost of another 100 of both red and green science packs).

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Narc wrote:that having mods made the save equally ineligible for achievements. Did this change recently?
Mods disable steam achievements, local achievements are still available. however using any /c command or just /c itself disables both achievements

antisocialian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by antisocialian »

Narc wrote:

/c game.player.force.quickbar_count = 2
Thanx, this worked, tho like you said i had to set it to 1 first and then 2

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I've seem to run into an issue registering an Ore Field that is surrounded by another Ore Field.
Basically, it overwrites the first with the second. and if you try to re-add it, it still only keeps one.

I'm playing with Angel's Refining/Infinite Ore mods and I have a field of "Infinite Crotinnium" inside a patch of "Crotinnium"

The Middle ore is the Infinite version.
Screenshot

Return to “Mods”