[MOD 0.17.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by waduk »

Question, what would happen if i disable the mod after i'm not using it ?
I don't mind if i lost the armor/module, just worrying if there's any side effect on save file.
Planning to use this as a way for easier build on my megabase, but i want to use vanilla armor when all the construction is finished.

Also, reading your explanation that the personal roboport is 50x draw more power, yet the generator also generate 50x more power, isn't that kind of basically the same like vanilla ?
The problem i have with vanilla is it took long time to recharge depleted 7 personal roboport with 4 generator. Will using this mod alleviate that problem ?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

waduk wrote:Question, what would happen if i disable the mod after i'm not using it ?
I don't mind if i lost the armor/module, just worrying if there's any side effect on save file.
Planning to use this as a way for easier build on my megabase, but i want to use vanilla armor when all the construction is finished.

Also, reading your explanation that the personal roboport is 50x draw more power, yet the generator also generate 50x more power, isn't that kind of basically the same like vanilla ?
The problem i have with vanilla is it took long time to recharge depleted 7 personal roboport with 4 generator. Will using this mod alleviate that problem ?
Lets see

Any mod specific items will be lost, which shouldn't matter.
Any recipes changed will be disabled while the mod is active, but that might not matter.
T2 shields will become T3 shields (localization only) and become 3x3 (essentially more powerful, and will overlap, but wont crash the game or anything)

That said, backup your save first, just in case.

The 50x increase in production and consumption would normally cancel out, and is just increased so that fuel costs and the power conduits are at a reasonable level.
Roboport, in this mod, is literally identical to vanilla. The roboport in vanilla has such high energy cost because robots require more power in general than you can get from modular armor in vanilla. Here, the power costs are relatively low in comparison, so I excluded them from the increase.

Yes, it will massively alleviate the problem.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

OK, cool.. thanks.
I'm gonna make a test run to see if something weird is happen after i disabling the mod (worrying some recipe/item cannot revert back to vanilla, stuck within save game)

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Love the mod :) Wondered if this from my mountain of ideas post might be something you could include :D
Given the player has advanced modular armour which once crafted is kind of over powered next to vehicles I think there's room for modular Tanks and cars, using the same modules for the modular armour, in larger grids and providing a few debuffsthere could be a lot of vercitility

by debuffs I mean things like personal shields would need to be weakened, protecting a car, tank or train given their relative size to a human wouldn't be as effective

In the same mod there could be room for other modules to be added (and an API interface so other people can design modules that work with the vehicles too), some of my ideas fot the vehicle modules are

8x8 portable fusion reactor, a scaled version of the mobile fusion reactor, which would be impracticle in modular armour at 8x8 but more powerful than the 4 portable ones it replaces.

2x2 Follower robot dispensers which allows a vehicle to dipence follower robots, along with allowing vehicles to keep their own followers, the limit like player robot counts can be increased by research from 5 to well the limit needs testing.

5x1 AI module that allows for the programming of patrol routes, each unit allows 2 way points, and has a limit to the number it can have, it's route must be clear, no trees etc, and it will stop to fight any enemies that come into range.

1x1 Logistics points so a Vehicle can pick up ammo refills, fuel, etc from the logistics network if it's in range each item requires it's own point.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

JohnyDL wrote: Given the player has advanced modular armour which once crafted is kind of over powered next to vehicles I think there's room for modular Tanks and cars, using the same modules for the modular armour, in larger grids and providing a few debuffsthere could be a lot of vercitility

by debuffs I mean things like personal shields would need to be weakened, protecting a car, tank or train given their relative size to a human wouldn't be as effective

In the same mod there could be room for other modules to be added (and an API interface so other people can design modules that work with the vehicles too), some of my ideas fot the vehicle modules are
While I would love to do this, there doesn't appear yet to be a way to attach equipment to vehicles.
Equipment has no filter metadata available, and I am unsure if I can remove equipment from armor via script. Otherwise, it would be great.
8x8 portable fusion reactor, a scaled version of the mobile fusion reactor, which would be impracticle in modular armour at 8x8 but more powerful than the 4 portable ones it replaces.
That is trivial to add, but isn't really nessesary.
2x2 Follower robot dispensers which allows a vehicle to dipence follower robots, along with allowing vehicles to keep their own followers, the limit like player robot counts can be increased by research from 5 to well the limit needs testing.
Not sure how this would be different from a personal roboport.
5x1 AI module that allows for the programming of patrol routes, each unit allows 2 way points, and has a limit to the number it can have, it's route must be clear, no trees etc, and it will stop to fight any enemies that come into range.
Way beyond my abilities. Would make more sense as a different mode honestly.
1x1 Logistics points so a Vehicle can pick up ammo refills, fuel, etc from the logistics network if it's in range each item requires it's own point.
A module adding logistic request slots? Well, considering vehicles don't have those by default, that would be nice. I know someone managed to make a gun turret that requested ammo itself, but I have no idea how.

This stuff is mostly not feasible at the current time, as I have no examples to work from.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Formal Rice Farmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Formal Rice Farmer »

After playing multiplayer with a friend, he left and i now get this error (even in when loading into singleplayer)
clicking OK kicked me out of the session back to main menu, singleplayer or multiplayer.
we actually haven't come even close to researching any modular armor yet

I'm using Modular-Armor_0.0.18

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Well thats new. Will look into it.

----
Recent patch added extra validation, fixing now.
----
Should be fixed, but I can't test properly atm.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

when you say "Integrate auto-update for other mods" what does that mean?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

It should increase power production, consumption and storage of moules added by other mods.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v20
Removed Solar Panels entirely
Moved Burner Generator to T3 (Blue Science packs)
Re-enabled shield Autobalance
Added shield animation

----
I finally decided that there is no sane way to balance the solar panels. If I buff them enough for them to be considered useful (by me) then they make burner generators ineffective. If they are any weaker than they were, there was no reason to use them.

As is, having three generators at the three tiers seems reasonable. Conduit, then Burner, then Fusion. It also partly mirrors vanilla. In vanilla, you use solar panels until you get fusion, and due to solar panels being really weak, you end up disengaging until you recharge shields.

Here, Conduits work similarly. They only work outside of combat (sort of, since you need to use power poles in a dangerous location), and then later, you can get generators with combat functionality.

Also, Using the animation from the old "Advanced equipment" mod, I added a shield animation, for when you take damage, and while it recharges. Kinda nifty looking, and I suppose it helps with a bit of visual feedback. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =87&t=2185

The Shield autobalance basically makes it so that shields share shield power, so that all of them recharge at all times.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Sad that solar panels are gone...

But, on the other hand, solar panels you can put on top(?) of a person sized armor suit that will then run energy shields?

And we're not using those for our base, instead using fields upon fields of apparently normal efficiency solars... why? :)

So, it makes a lot of sense :)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

More along the lines of, "The solar panel is in the vanilla game so you have some way to power your armor before you get the fusion reactor." In vanilla, its like "Solar panels? I have half of my armor covered in them, and its enough to charge my batteries between battles. Kinda. If I wait a while day. Then I get the fusion reactor and suddenly batteries charge in seconds and I can run everything" There is no middle ground.

Anyhow, When I Added the conduit and burner, I also added a larger solar panel. The intent was that the solar panel would be useful due to it not using fuel, even if it wouldn't produce as much power as other things. The conduit took over the early game charging, since if you have a few batteries, it's disadvantage is minor. Or you use a generator, Just no reason, even with the 2-3x boost the solar panel got, to use it. I kept buffing it, until the T2 solar panel, during the day, produced more than the generator. Eventually, it was obvious that it wasn't going to be possible to balance it in any sane manner.

As a side note, if you remove this mod from the game, it doesn't re-enable the solar panel. Unsure why, or how to fix that.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I am currently working on a overhaul, which will add conditional Bobs Mod Integration. That is, it works normally, but with bobs mod, the recipes change. That, and it will have higher tiers than it currently does by a significant amount.

Since increasing size by one for each tier would result in sizes getting too large too quickly, given 4 to 6 tiers, its going to be 1 size per 2 tiers instead.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Is there a way how to disable the annoying "NO FUSION FUEL" warning?
http://imgur.com/ONL4NcY
Thanks!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

madpav3l wrote:Is there a way how to disable the annoying "NO FUSION FUEL" warning?
Thanks!
Two methods. Get fusion fuel, remove fusion reactor.

If you don't have fusion fuel, then you would be better off using that space for something else.

It would be possible, but I have no idea where to put a switch for the functionality. Also, the indicator is there specifically to make sure you are aware of the problem.

Do you instead want to not be alerted when you run out of fuel? I didn't have that indicator in originally, and running out of fuel sometimes occurred unexpectedly, until I got robots to resupply me.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
madpav3l wrote:Is there a way how to disable the annoying "NO FUSION FUEL" warning?
Thanks!
Two methods. Get fusion fuel, remove fusion reactor.

If you don't have fusion fuel, then you would be better off using that space for something else.

It would be possible, but I have no idea where to put a switch for the functionality. Also, the indicator is there specifically to make sure you are aware of the problem.

Do you instead want to not be alerted when you run out of fuel? I didn't have that indicator in originally, and running out of fuel sometimes occurred unexpectedly, until I got robots to resupply me.
I have the fusion fuel but if I run out when I am out of my base, the message is kind of annoying. I recognize very easily that I am without fuel, my battery power goes low and my character is slow, because there is no power for the mechanical legs and to remove 3 generators everytime this happens just to get rid of the message is not very practical.
I would no mind the alert but as of now the message appears every 0,5s nonstop... I hoped that there is some value in the config that I could change so it does not show or something.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v21
Added Config toggles
- Shield Animation
- No Fuel Warning

---
Planning to have shield pulse as a seperate mod, since its mostly asthetic and doesn't really contribute much to this specific mod.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Just wanted to say I love this mod. The changes are all pretty great.

One thing I was wondering though. Can the laser defense be tied to tech upgrades? The 20 damage upgrade is certainly good, but it it still kind of meh late game.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Just wanted to say I love this mod. The changes are all pretty great.

One thing I was wondering though. Can the laser defense be tied to tech upgrades? The 20 damage upgrade is certainly good, but it it still kind of meh late game.
Thats something I am trying to figure out. I haven't figured out how to hook tech upgrades with damage from anything other than turrets, Guns, and Drones. I think I know how to increase damage from grenades, but I am not certain, and haven't tested it yet. Laser equipment will benefit if I can figure out how.

If you were talking about higher tiers of lasers turrets, that is coming, but It will be a while. I am currently taking a break, due to frustration diversions, and work.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Just wanted to say I love this mod. The changes are all pretty great.
I like this mod a lot too. Vanilla modular armour is just crap, and this is a very well-thought-out and balanced mod.

Return to “Mods”