[MOD 0.17.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
NoriSilverrage wrote:Just wanted to say I love this mod. The changes are all pretty great.

One thing I was wondering though. Can the laser defense be tied to tech upgrades? The 20 damage upgrade is certainly good, but it it still kind of meh late game.
Thats something I am trying to figure out. I haven't figured out how to hook tech upgrades with damage from anything other than turrets, Guns, and Drones. I think I know how to increase damage from grenades, but I am not certain, and haven't tested it yet. Laser equipment will benefit if I can figure out how.

If you were talking about higher tiers of lasers turrets, that is coming, but It will be a while. I am currently taking a break, due to frustration diversions, and work.
Yeah I was thinking about the tech upgrades specifically. Bob's mod does different tiers, but I figure the upgrades are there for a reason so if they can be made to work it makes more sense to go that route IMO.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v22
Initial Bob's mod comparability attempt.
Re-added Solar panels.
Removed shield pulse SFX

Solar panels are now 3x1 and 5x2, and have the same power balance as they used to have. Still probably not balanced, but I can't figure out how to do it.

If you have Bob's Warfare installed, the mod only alters fusion reactors and solar panels so far, as well as laser damage, the rest of this mod is disabled. So far as I can tell, it works correctly, but I cannot be certain yet. Bobs mod doesn't have conduits or engines yet.

Also, no size shifts yet either, still all default dimentions. It will take a while before I get to that part.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V1
Removed Bobs Compatability. Didn't work as intended, and will need a lot of thought first before I try that again.
Minor buff to T2 solar panels. 29kw to 30kw. Not a large amount
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Heya, small feedback. When I updated to this the first solar panel equipment research didn't show up. I had to force research it from the console. Shows up fine in a new game, so I suspect some migration file magic needs doing.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Heya, small feedback. When I updated to this the first solar panel equipment research didn't show up. I had to force research it from the console. Shows up fine in a new game, so I suspect some migration file magic needs doing.
Yea. the solar panel equipment thing kinda broke when I disabled it before. Will try and fix that.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Heya Ranakastrasz,

So I was bored today and on a whim decided to try and see if the personal laser defense could indeed have the laser turret upgrades apply to it. I believe I have succeeded.. Actually was really simple.
Img
You just gotta trick the game into thinking it's a laser turret.
code
You could add upgrade tech to it as well. Just copy the laser turret's tech and put in electric instead of laser-turret for upgrade ammo type.

Now onto my wee bit of testing. In that picture I just threw a really quick set of armor together with two stacks of fuel. After taking out just a few small bases (3ish spawners and I force set 100% evolution so some behemoths) it burned thru almost a full stack of fuel. Granted the item is now a lower range laser turret (so actually useful), but with your fusion changes it's actually a pretty expensive option. Not sure how I feel about where it's at. I think it's terrible vanilla, still bad with the 20 damage and is pretty good with upgrades.

Anyway hope that helps you.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Heya Ranakastrasz,

So I was bored today and on a whim decided to try and see if the personal laser defense could indeed have the laser turret upgrades apply to it. I believe I have succeeded.. Actually was really simple.
Img
You just gotta trick the game into thinking it's a laser turret.
code
You could add upgrade tech to it as well. Just copy the laser turret's tech and put in electric instead of laser-turret for upgrade ammo type.

Now onto my wee bit of testing. In that picture I just threw a really quick set of armor together with two stacks of fuel. After taking out just a few small bases (3ish spawners and I force set 100% evolution so some behemoths) it burned thru almost a full stack of fuel. Granted the item is now a lower range laser turret (so actually useful), but with your fusion changes it's actually a pretty expensive option. Not sure how I feel about where it's at. I think it's terrible vanilla, still bad with the 20 damage and is pretty good with upgrades.

Anyway hope that helps you.
Adding that.
NoriSilverrage wrote:Heya, small feedback. When I updated to this the first solar panel equipment research didn't show up. I had to force research it from the console. Shows up fine in a new game, so I suspect some migration file magic needs doing.
I have a lot of trouble with Migration files. I think I got it to work now, but I am not sure. I made it so that it forces it to be enabled always, but that might not be right. I have no idea how to make it run only if you update or add the mod.

Code: Select all

for i, player in ipairs(game.players) do
    player.force.reset_recipes()
    player.force.reset_technologies()
    if player.force.technologies["alien-technology"].researched then 
        player.force.recipes["alien-cable"].enabled = true
    end
    if player.force.technologies["fusion-reactor-equipment"].researched then
        player.force.recipes["alien-fuel"].enabled = true
    end
    player.force.technologies["solar-panel-equipment"].enabled = true

end
This did not work. I have no idea how to do this at all.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V1.2
Added Laser upgrade integration.
Fixed Solar migration.
Fixed Prefusion. Should work even if both are installed.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Ranakastrasz wrote:V1.2
Fixed Solar migration.
Still no Bobs Compatability? :(

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Sedar wrote:
Fixed Solar migration.
Still no Bobs Compatability? :(
Tried earlier. Turns out, its a heck of a lot more difficult than I expected. So no, it won't be possible for a while. Hence why I made the pre-fusion submod. I was playing bobs mod for a while. Bobs mod solar panels are just as hilariously underpowered as vanilla solar panels. 16 T4 Solar panels in bobs mod are still weaker than the T1 fusion reactor, and many times more expensive.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Awesome! But what exactly does this mean? Does the Personal Laser Defense Module now get the bonuses from Laser Turret Damage/RoF tech upgrades? Or does it mean something else?

And did you read the part about how in alpha 0.13 Armours will increase inventory space? I imagine Modular Armor gives +10, and Power Armor I and II gives respectively +20/+30.

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Peter34 wrote:
Awesome! But what exactly does this mean? Does the Personal Laser Defense Module now get the bonuses from Laser Turret Damage/RoF tech upgrades? Or does it mean something else?

And did you read the part about how in alpha 0.13 Armours will increase inventory space? I imagine Modular Armor gives +10, and Power Armor I and II gives respectively +20/+30.
Yes. The personal laser defense module will get laser turret upgrades. It will now do pretty reasonable damage.

Armor giving inventory makes a lot of sense and will be a great change.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

NoriSilverrage wrote:
Peter34 wrote:

Yes. The personal laser defense module will get laser turret upgrades. It will now do pretty reasonable damage.

Armor giving inventory makes a lot of sense and will be a great change.
Didn't read about that. I hope they will add a script to manipulate that whole thing properly, so that I can add, say, inventory modules or something.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V1.3
-All the techs should now have something that at least looks kinda correct. Aside from Power Conduit.
-The Solar Generator Equipment Icons are reverted back to the original icons.

-The techtree got a bunch of prerequisites added in where they were missing or wrong.

-Basic Actuators now use Normal Engines instead of Electrical Engines. Also, the Advanced Actuators now use Electric engines themselves.
-Power Armor uses some speed modules. Power Armor 2 uses T2 Speed and Efficiency modules. Power Armor 3 and 4 use T3 of all 3 types.

-The Fusion reactor will now accept Rocket Fuel as valid. However, it is only work 10MW, so will only last a single second, compared to the Alien Fuel's 20 seconds. This is to balance the fact that it is very cheap.

-I went and doubled the global power Multiplier. Now values are 100x vanilla instead of 50x. This makes generators use fuel faster, and conduits drain more power from the network. However, it also makes the math a lot easier when translating from vanilla to modded.

Also, I added a few changes to the way I handle the config.
Last edited by Ranakastrasz on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Sounds like good changes. Can I make a suggestion though? Either increase the alien fuel's MJ rating, or increase stack size. I already gotta carry a lot of stuff around and with just 2 fusion engines I can run through 100 alien fuel in a single excursion with some light-medium fighting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the recipe change to something like 12 solid fuels, 1 artifact makes 2 alien fuels which are worth 200MJ each.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Sounds like good changes. Can I make a suggestion though? Either increase the alien fuel's MJ rating, or increase stack size. I already gotta carry a lot of stuff around and with just 2 fusion engines I can run through 100 alien fuel in a single excursion with some light-medium fighting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the recipe change to something like 12 solid fuels, 1 artifact makes 2 alien fuels which are worth 200MJ each.
Sure. Give me a few minutes.

Due to the doubled reactor values, Alien fuel's value was also doubled, since I didn't want to alter it's ratio. Hence it was already 200MJ.
Last edited by Ranakastrasz on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v1.4
-Superconducting coil now stacks to 500 instead of 200. This was probably overdue, given the associated price reaching 5000 for Mk4 Powered Armor. 25 stacks is kinda excessive. 10 stacks is still excessive, but less extreme.

-Alien Fuel now stacks to 200, instead of 50.

-Rocket Fuel cannot be directly Burned.

-Rocket Fuel can be crafted into Alien fuel. 10 Rocket Fuel and 1 Alien Artifact makes 10 Alien Fuel.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the quick release.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Turns out I screwed up the T2 solar panel image, it gets cut off.

Also planning on cutting fusion reactor from 10GW to 8GW or 9.6GW.
The conduit will drop from 800 to 400 as well.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v1.5
Fixed Solar Panel Mk2 Equipment Sprite. No long cut off.
Fusion reactor 10GW -> 9.6 GW
Conduit 800kW -> 400 kW

-----
Does anyone have any idea how I could make the T3 Battery (two sideways Mk1 Vanilla batteries) look less like two items? I thought of making a wire or something around them, or connect them like devices that have alternating battery directions, but I cannot handle art very well.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Mods”