[MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.13

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MakiabelMFE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.8

Post by MakiabelMFE »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:I did an update for Factorio 0.12.12 or higher.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes Outsider :)
It's also on github for you. Not sure if I did that right though.
Still crashing for me :( I'm on 0.12.12.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Anyone else having an issue where you have a couple of networks and after renaming them and playing for a while, they get all messed up and and the names get swapped around? Sorry if this has already been reported, haven't found anything about it after skimming through the last couple of pages.
I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce this, it just happens after playing for a while.

Playing on 0.12.11 with these mods:

- ALS 0.2.8
- Fat Controller 0.3.11
- EvoGUI 0.4.5

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:I did an update for Factorio 0.12.12 or higher.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes Outsider :)
It's also on github for you. Not sure if I did that right though.
Not stepping on any toes, really appreciate it since i have been busy with work, i will have a look and test and if all is good i'll merge the pull request.

Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

MainTango wrote:Anyone else having an issue where you have a couple of networks and after renaming them and playing for a while, they get all messed up and and the names get swapped around? Sorry if this has already been reported, haven't found anything about it after skimming through the last couple of pages.
I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce this, it just happens after playing for a while.

Playing on 0.12.11 with these mods:

- ALS 0.2.8
- Fat Controller 0.3.11
- EvoGUI 0.4.5
I didn't run into this issue before, but i think it's quite possible based on how the code that handles the network list is structured, unfortunately the logistic_network api doesn't return static indexes for networks, so i have to rely on using my own and this in turn is used to link the networks list to a network names list, still when i tested this it never actually changed the order the network info is sent from the api, even when i was going around adding new roboports and removing existing ones to mess with the networks structure.

Does this happen just randomly? or when you change something related to the network?
Do you have a personal roboport on you?
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Outsider wrote: Does this happen just randomly? or when you change something related to the network?
I don't have to change anything about the networks, it feels like it just happens randomly. Don't quote me on that though since I haven't done any extensive testing. When giving the different networks individual names, the name swapping happens pretty reliably after a short while. My main compound which I just called 'Main' usually keeps its name but then another random network gets renamed to 'Main' for some reason, so the name shows up in the list twice. As for the other small outposts, it's complete chaos. They swap names randomly, even old names show up, from networks that don't exist anymore. The other network stats like number of roboports and bots show up fine though, it's just the names that get messed up.

I have several personal roboports in my suit, but whenever I'm in my main base, I take them out.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

MainTango wrote:
Outsider wrote: Does this happen just randomly? or when you change something related to the network?
I don't have to change anything about the networks, it feels like it just happens randomly. Don't quote me on that though since I haven't done any extensive testing. When giving the different networks individual names, the name swapping happens pretty reliably after a short while. My main compound which I just called 'Main' usually keeps its name but then another random network gets renamed to 'Main' for some reason, so the name shows up in the list twice. As for the other small outposts, it's complete chaos. They swap names randomly, even old names show up, from networks that don't exist anymore. The other network stats like number of roboports and bots show up fine though, it's just the names that get messed up.

I have several personal roboports in my suit, but whenever I'm in my main base, I take them out.
yeah i suspect it's the personal roboports that are messing things up, i did test with them but never tried removing/adding them.. i will have to do some testing and hopefully figure out a better way to handle the networks naming.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.10

Post by Outsider »

Hey Guys,

Version 0.2.10 is up and bring compatibility with Factorio 0.12.12+, also has a fix for the networks naming issues.. but it will also cause a reset to you saved networks names since it's now using different indexes, sorry for the inconvenience and the delay.

P.S : 0.2.9 was an internal buggy release, so there isn't one.

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug with network filters using old network indexes
  • Update for factorio 0.12.12
  • Reworked the logic for saving network names, using cell position as keys instead of numerical indexes
  • Added proper checks for the player personal roboport so it won't be counted within the networks and won't mess with the names whenever it's removed inside a network.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Great news! Gonna check it out immediately.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

MainTango wrote:Great news! Gonna check it out immediately.
Yeah it should fix the issues you had, let me know how it goes :)

Vile
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vile »

I tried this out for the first time tonight. After researching the tech, no new options were available to me (ie, I can't build the item). Attaching screenshot of the tech where you can see that it doesn't unlock anything.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Vile wrote:I tried this out for the first time tonight. After researching the tech, no new options were available to me (ie, I can't build the item). Attaching screenshot of the tech where you can see that it doesn't unlock anything.
The item requirement was removed a while ago, the mod should work with just the research, you should see the small green icon on the top left.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

This seems to be incompatible with Natural Evolution's small alien artifacts. Gives this error when trying to display the entry in the items list:
Looking at the NE and ALS code it looks like it should work... so I'm at a loss. That is to say that you're indexing the item the same way you do everything else, and NE names the item and icon the same way as everything else. Obviously I'm missing something. A fallback onto a default [?] icon might be needed. For reference here is the small alien artifact prototype:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I quickly glanced over the NE and ALS code:
NE seems to add the small-alien-artifact in data-final-fixes.lua
ALS creates the icons in data-final-fixes.lua

Mods are loaded in alphabetical order, unless a (optional) dependency dictates otherwise. So when ALS creates the icons, the small artifact doesn't exist.
Try making NE an optional dependency in info.json, so it get's loaded before ALS

Code: Select all

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.12.12", "? Natural_Evolution_Enemies"]

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Thanks, I'll do that.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Choumiko wrote:I quickly glanced over the NE and ALS code:
NE seems to add the small-alien-artifact in data-final-fixes.lua
ALS creates the icons in data-final-fixes.lua

Mods are loaded in alphabetical order, unless a (optional) dependency dictates otherwise. So when ALS creates the icons, the small artifact doesn't exist.
Try making NE an optional dependency in info.json, so it get's loaded before ALS

Code: Select all

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.12.12", "? Natural_Evolution_Enemies"]

That should do it, will be adding the dependency in the next release, however NE shouldn't really be adding entities in the data-final-fixes, if someone can talk to TheSaGuy about it..

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by socramazibi »

Thank you for this Mod, I like, I should be default Factorio. Because I have a stock and I can know what I have in the database.

If I start a new game, which I must modify file to be the default mod? Thanks greetings

Google translate

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

socramazibi wrote:Thank you for this Mod, I like, I should be default Factorio. Because I have a stock and I can know what I have in the database.

If I start a new game, which I must modify file to be the default mod? Thanks greetings

Google translate
Thanks, i'm not really sure what you mean by "be the default mod"?

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by socramazibi »

Outsider wrote:
socramazibi wrote:Thank you for this Mod, I like, I should be default Factorio. Because I have a stock and I can know what I have in the database.

Google translate
Thanks, i'm not really sure what you mean by "be the default mod"?
Sorry, I mean not having to investigate anything, make it available from the start.

Thanks

Google translate

digital_light
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by digital_light »

I am getting an error D:. I try load a game (new or old) and it says trying to index global game (a nil value) in:
events:2
control:2
gui:3.
I would love to play this mod but it doesn't seem to like me. I am using factorio 0.12.20.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

digital_light wrote:I am getting an error D:. I try load a game (new or old) and it says trying to index global game (a nil value) in:
events:2
control:2
gui:3.
I would love to play this mod but it doesn't seem to like me. I am using factorio 0.12.20.
Please make sure you are using the latest version of the mod, which is 0.2.10.

Return to “Mods”