[MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.2.3

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.2.5
  • readded script input. Strings starting with "do local foo" or "do local script" are treated as script input.
  • added remote functions to add blueprints:
    remote.call("foreman", "addBlueprint", player, blueprintString, name)
    remote.call("foreman", "addBook", player, book)
    remote.call("foreman", "refreshGUI", player)
    player: LuaPlayer, blueprintString: compressed Blueprint, name: optional name for the blueprint
    book: a lua table (export a book via Foreman to see the expected format)
Probably only interesting for 1 person (justarandomgeek :D )
impetus maximus wrote:wierd. i have no problem downloading files from other sites. tried a dif mod dowload and it failed too. can you upload it to a dif host please?
The download error might be an issue of the portal. Alternate download is usually here: https://github.com/Choumiko/Foreman/releases
Nexela wrote:
Can you add flipper ? No flipper in mod portal, the one that have flipper function is also a blueprint manager(Killkrog's ), but i prefer to only use Foreman.
Seconded! This would be a nice addition
I have some other ideas related to manipulating blueprints. Haven't decided yet whether it's gonna be an extra mod or going to be included in Foreman. (In case of an extra mod i'll add the buttons into Foreman if it is installed)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

sorry... i feel stupid. my thumb drive was full. :oops:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Added version for Factorio 0.14.x Foreman 1.0.0

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

russian locale
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

piriform
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by piriform »

Hi, am having a problem with import in v14.3. Foreman imports the string sucessfully, but barfs when trying to load into blueprint.
Blueprint icons cannot be set on an empty blueprint, stack traceback....

I tried with an empty blueprint in inventory and toolbar, same symptoms.

NM - i reloaded the mod and the problem cleared up. :roll:

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

running Forman 0.2.5 on 0.13.20 clicking E in the Forman menu doesn't create a folder or files in /script-output/
i have a loose blueprint, and a blueprint book with a few blueprints in it.

trying the 'Blueprint String' mod, exporting with that created /blueprint-string/ folder and text files of my blueprints in /script-output/

why is Forman not exporting?

thanks

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

impetus maximus wrote:running Forman 0.2.5 on 0.13.20 clicking E in the Forman menu doesn't create a folder or files in /script-output/
i have a loose blueprint, and a blueprint book with a few blueprints in it.

trying the 'Blueprint String' mod, exporting with that created /blueprint-string/ folder and text files of my blueprints in /script-output/

why is Forman not exporting?

thanks
Have you added the blueprints/books to Foreman with the + buttons? It doesn't export the blueprints directly from your inventory (that's how Blueprintstring does it) but only the ones you have saved into Foreman

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Choumiko wrote: Have you added the blueprints/books to Foreman with the + buttons? It doesn't export the blueprints directly from your inventory (that's how Blueprintstring does it) but only the ones you have saved into Foreman
oh i see. thanks :)

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Hey! Absolutely adore your mod Choumiko! It is one of the most important mods for me to have whenever I play Factorio. Recently Steejo and I added this to our ongoing Factorissimo campaign and I noted a few things that could be changed that (I think) would significantly improve the mod.

1st - The delete blueprint button is in a dangerous location right now. It is very possible to delete a blueprint by accident when you intend to click the load blueprint button. For this reason, I would suggest changing the order of your buttons. Right now the order is "Delete, Load, Export, Rename". As the two buttons that are the most opposite in function are Delete and Load, I would recommend placing them at the far extremes of the GUI. So I would love if the buttons were in the order of "Load, Rename, Export, Delete".

2nd - I personally would prefer if after having loaded a blueprint (I always use the two settings options to replace blueprints and set cursor to loaded blueprint) that the Foreman GUI would automatically close. Perhaps an option in the settings to close after loading?

3rd - I would also really like it if there was a way to keyboard shortcut the Foreman GUI. The button in the top left is nice, but I tend to end up with a lot of misc buttons up there. Research queue, auto trash, etc. It gets cluttered, and I use the Foreman GUI the most. Can we get a keybind option, and perhaps allow it to be changed in the mod shortcuts menu like some of the other mods?

Thanks for reading and I hope these suggestions make sense! -Arumba

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Arumba wrote:1st - The delete blueprint button is in a dangerous location right now. It is very possible to delete a blueprint by accident when you intend to click the load blueprint button. For this reason, I would suggest changing the order of your buttons. Right now the order is "Delete, Load, Export, Rename". As the two buttons that are the most opposite in function are Delete and Load, I would recommend placing them at the far extremes of the GUI. So I would love if the buttons were in the order of "Load, Rename, Export, Delete".
I'm a bit hesitant to change the order per default, i think it would mess up a few peoples built up muscle memory (mine at least) :D Adding an option for an alternative order seems reasonable to me (or an optional confirmation dialogue, but that will get annoying real quick)
Arumba wrote:2nd - I personally would prefer if after having loaded a blueprint (I always use the two settings options to replace blueprints and set cursor to loaded blueprint) that the Foreman GUI would automatically close. Perhaps an option in the settings to close after loading?

3rd - I would also really like it if there was a way to keyboard shortcut the Foreman GUI. The button in the top left is nice, but I tend to end up with a lot of misc buttons up there. Research queue, auto trash, etc. It gets cluttered, and I use the Foreman GUI the most. Can we get a keybind option, and perhaps allow it to be changed in the mod shortcuts menu like some of the other mods?

Thanks for reading and I hope these suggestions make sense! -Arumba
So another option to close the gui after loading to cursor + a hotkey to toggle the GUI. Makes sense, and while adding options i might as well add one to hide the top button, since with a hotkey it serves no purpose :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.0.1|0.2.6

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 1.0.1|0.2.6 Foreman 1.0.1|0.2.6
  • added option to close the gui after loading a blueprint to the cursor
  • added Hotkey to toggle the GUI. Ctrl + t by default
  • added option and console command to hide the main button.
  • added console command to change the button order
  • added russian translation
Console commands etc are on the mod portal page. For the button order i went with a console command, as it was quickest to add and i guess it's gonna be used only once per save. If i get bored i might add a textfield for it in the settings window.

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Hey! Any chance we could get a button that updates an existing blueprint? Make a minor change to an existing blueprint, and then when you click that button with the blueprint it replaces the existing one in your list instead of creating a new one. Would save the time from having to delete, save, rename for each minor change.

Just an idea! :)

GTrak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GTrak »

Can I flip blueprint with this mod?

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

GTrak wrote:Can I flip blueprint with this mod?
Oooh yes please! Blueprint flipper really should be added to this! Horizontal and Vertical flipping plzz!

mreadshaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mreadshaw »

Is there a way to load an exported file with multiple blueprints at once? Is it the "Import multiple blueprint" button? What do I put in each field? I was expecting there to be a "load file" option and then point to the specific file on my HD, something along those lines. Sorry if I'm just missing the obvious.

EDIT: Yep definitely just missing the obvious! Great mod!

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Would be nice if there was a configuration file or something to change button order instead of the console command (which currently disables achievements).

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I'm having an issue importing the blueprint strings from viewtopic.php?f=194&t=31575

"Blueprint icons cannot be set on an empty blueprint"

Sorry for the image, couldn't find the details in any logs, and i'm sure I would miss something If I manually typed it out.

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Bug report: In multiplayer anytime someone adds a blueprint, renames a blueprint, or deletes a blueprint the GUI opens up for all players.

This gets very annoying with lots of players...

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.0.2|0.2.6

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Updated to 1.0.2Foreman 1.0.2
  • added support for importing books from blueprintstring format
  • added textfield to change the button order
  • changed expected argument of setButtonOrder to a single string: remote.call("foreman", "setButtonOrder", "LERD")
  • fixed GUI opening for all players when someone saves/renames/deletes a blueprint
  • discontinued updates for the 0.13 version
Arumba wrote:Hey! Any chance we could get a button that updates an existing blueprint? Make a minor change to an existing blueprint, and then when you click that button with the blueprint it replaces the existing one in your list instead of creating a new one. Would save the time from having to delete, save, rename for each minor change.
Basically overwriting a saved blueprint in Foreman? Should be fairly simple, so yeah, soon :D
GTrak wrote:Can I flip blueprint with this mod?
Not yet, but on my list (+ some other functions, since 0.15 will make Foreman more or less obsolete in it's current state)
PiggyWhiskey wrote:I'm having an issue importing the blueprint strings from viewtopic.php?f=194&t=31575

Sorry for the image, couldn't find the details in any logs, and i'm sure I would miss something If I manually typed it out.
Just was about to ask from what string you imported when i saw the link.. Will check them out later today and see what's up with them.
Images are way better than typing, no typos possible xD

GTrak
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.0.2|0.2.6

Post by GTrak »

Would be nice if can make group.
Belt Stuffs, Buildings, Rails, Outpost, Etc...

Return to “Mods”