[0.12.X] TimeButtons

Topics and discussion about specific mods
_Quantum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.X] TimeButtons

Post by _Quantum »

Hey! Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if a 0.12.10 update is in the pipeline. The current version won't let me save on the latest alpha.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Check this post, just a few posts up...
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Doesnt work with 0.12.12

Please fix

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

DOSorDIE wrote:Doesnt work with 0.12.12

Please fix
Of course not. It hasn't been updated in some time.
You could also post what error you're getting and someone might unofficially update it?

Also the post directly above yours recommends speedbuttons. But I'm not sure if that's updated yet either.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

to get it to work in 12.12 a quick fix would be to open the control.lua on speedbuttons in notepad or something like it and then find and replace game.on with script.on, as far as i can see it works well

the only problem with it is that you dont have the menu's for the controls, hopefully the original mod gets updated shortly

KeepOnBuilding
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KeepOnBuilding »

I have updated SpeedButtons to version 0.0.3. It now works with Factorio 0.12.11+:

https://github.com/KeepOnDigging/SpeedButtons/releases

This mod gives you the buttons but none of the other fancy stuff like settings screens or change-speed-on-crafting.

Sorry about the delay updating, I haven't been playing Factorio and wasn't subscribed to this thread.
Should probably have its own thread...

Enjoy, and
KeepOnBuilding.

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

KeepOnBuilding wrote:I have updated SpeedButtons to version 0.0.3. It now works with Factorio 0.12.11+:

This mod gives you the buttons but none of the other fancy stuff like settings screens or change-speed-on-crafting.

Sorry about the delay updating, I haven't been playing Factorio and wasn't subscribed to this thread.
Should probably have its own thread...

Enjoy, and
KeepOnBuilding.
Is there a reason it only offers x8?
Tried adding x16, kept getting nil index on line 10 control.lua and looking thru ALL the source....cannot understand why, granted I'm assuming the system variable you are using supports MORE then one digit.
(just an FYI, I am using this and other mods to teach myself LUA as I know VB inside-out and sideways and C# is out of my league atm so any explaination to why its not working and what DOES work is much appreciated)

Line thats edited (bold underline is change added):
button_speeds = {["speedbutton05"] = 0.5, ["speedbutton1"] = 1, ["speedbutton2"] = 2, ["speedbutton4"] = 4, ["speedbutton8"] = 8, ["speedbutton16"] = 16}

KeepOnBuilding
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KeepOnBuilding »

I'm not sure that using my code to learn Lua is a good idea. I'm a total beginner too!
Although I am experienced with other languages and I have made some effort to write nice Lua code.

What's happening is that the mod creates the buttons in the UI the first time it's run. This is the hook on line 14. It checks to see whether sb_frame exists, and if not it creates the frame and populates it with buttons from button_speeds.

Factorio then saves this state with the save.

When you change the mod and reload, then load your save… it hits line 15, sees that the sb_frame already exists (it's loaded when you load the save) and thinks it's done. It doesn't create the new x16 button.

So later when all_white is executed it cannot access speedbutton16.

If you make your change and create a new world, it will work fine.

Perhaps you can work around this by destroying the sb_frame in console:
/c game.player.gui.top.sb_frame.destroy

And the frame will be re-created next tick when the line 14 hook triggers.

Have fun, and
KeepOnBuilding!

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

Wouldn't running that command on world load be better or will it kill all other existing buttons? (Running Clock and Research Queue along with it)
Also asking this because if you happen to change the buttons themselves, you'd need to force-run the command anyway for update compatibility.

KeepOnBuilding
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KeepOnBuilding »

Hinanawi-sama wrote:Wouldn't running that command on world load be better or will it kill all other existing buttons? (Running Clock and Research Queue along with it)
Not a bad idea. I'll look into implementing that with the next release.

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

Yea, I was about to say, if the button creation lines are executed on a per-tick basis, it would be better to run that command on load to prevent button overlap/screen corruption (or a game exception altogether)
But the issue is making the command run only ONCE as if it runs every tick, you may get phantom lack of response (button was destroyed the moment the game recognized the click) and possible micro-stutter due to refreshing the entire UI every tick.

ToxicTiger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ToxicTiger »

So I keep getting this error. Factorio version is 12.20. I was playing this mod with 12.4 and it was working fine before updating. Thank You.
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (59.05 KiB) Viewed 6709 times
modlist.PNG
modlist.PNG (15.44 KiB) Viewed 6709 times
I like trains.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

ToxicTiger wrote:So I keep getting this error. Factorio version is 12.20. I was playing this mod with 12.4 and it was working fine before updating. Thank You.

I'll update it if you still need it. give me a day or so.

wait, I don't need to, as someone already did it. take a look:

NOTE: I did not make or test this. but no one says it is not working, so I'll assume it does.

Also, how is SSU working out for you?

ToxicTiger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ToxicTiger »

I'll update it if you still need it. give me a day or so.

wait, I don't need to, as someone already did it. take a look:

NOTE: I did not make or test this. but no one says it is not working, so I'll assume it does.

Also, how is SSU working out for you?
SSU is fine. Cool mod.
EDIT: Checked out SpeedButtons. The buttons just don't show up. Enabled and stuff.
I like trains.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

I know that this may be coming a little late but the mod that you found only allows upto 8 and it doesn't allow us to customize what speed we want to have. I would greatly appreciate if you where able to update the code for this mode to 0.12.26.
The more complicated the game the better

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

Hello,

New OFFICIAL RELASE is in old thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=2396#p17650

New version is 0.12.26 single/multi compatible.
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

Return to “Mods”