[MOD 0.12.x] CyberChest 0.9.1 (ported by jorgenRe)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] CyberChest 0.9.1 (ported by jorgenRe)

Post by SigmatroN »

Cyberchest is a smart chest, addition to an assembling machine that enables whole production chains maid with a single machine.
Just build it right next to an assembler, set up the chain, put raw components in and let it do the rest.

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
Research technology "Cyberchests" (needs "Advanced electronics")
1. Build a chest and an assembler next to each other.
2. Open the chest and set items to be produced in the Logistics menu (Keep the right order of recipes!).
3. Press Start/Pause button in GUI

Compatible with any assembling machine types from any mods!
Multiplayer compatible!
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS IMAGES
ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONS
Update 0.6.0
Update 0.7.0
Update 0.8.0
Update 0.9.0
Update 0.9.2
Spotlight by Klonan: https://youtu.be/rl3X16YOcJ8

v. 0.9.1
v. 0.9.2

Acknowledgements
YuokiTani, for letting me use some of his graphics.
Klonan, for making the spotlight
jorgenRe, for making 0.12 port

If you have any questions or suggestions, post them below!
Last edited by SigmatroN on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12] CyberChest 0.9.1 (ported by jorgenRe)

Post by jorgenRe »

When I'm on my computer again il tell you in which .lua script file that on line 10(cyber chest. Lua i thinlk)I had to "cheat" a little to get it to work. I think it only stopped the use of liquids, but I have yet to test if it still works ;)
Last edited by jorgenRe on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shanix »

Does ground pickup work now?

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

When I'm on my computer again il tell you in which .lua script file that on line 10(cyber chest. Lua i thinlk)I had to "cheat" a little to get it to work. I think it only stopped the use of liquids, but I have yet to test if it still works ;)

Oh and BTW you might wanna include the download link too :)!
Edit:
His forgotten download link:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/dow ... hp?id=4692
Thanks, but i did post the link, it's just below the "Spotlight text")
I'm sorry to say it, but, apparently, items on belt do not belong to "item-on-ground" class anymore. I'm not sure if this is a bug.. I may need to ask developer for workaround.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

SigmatroN wrote:
I'm sorry to say it, but, apparently, items on belt do not belong to "item-on-ground" class anymore. I'm not sure if this is a bug.. I may need to ask developer for workaround.
After 0.12 items on belt are not actual items anymore. It was described in one of FF's - they are now special mini entities attached to virtual "rails" on belt that are used to move them around.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

SigmatroN wrote: Thanks, but i did post the link, it's just below the "Spotlight text")
Oh ok. You might wanna put a Download: before the link ;)!
Logo

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

SigmatroN wrote:
This may actually work:
- New object LuaTransportLine, accessible from entity as read method get_transport_line(index) - an interface to the items on transport belts.
Logo

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Thanks for your help, I did it some other way. Now ground collection should work (download updated archive).
I saw that line. You've got it right.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I can't connect CyberChest into logistic network. I think after 0.12 changes it's broken feature.

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Neotix wrote:I can't connect CyberChest into logistic network. I think after 0.12 changes it's broken feature.
Can you provide more details?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I just can't connect cyberchest with other entities (poles, inserters, etc.). When I first click on CyberChest, cursor change into red X and wires can't be connected with anything. When I fist click on pole, I can't connect wire with the cyberchest. It's like cyberchest have old logistic behavior, and it's incompatibility with new one.
In Factorio 0.12 there is some changes in logistic network (eg. there is no more separate red/green condition entities).

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Neotix wrote:I just can't connect cyberchest with other entities (poles, inserters, etc.). When I first click on CyberChest, cursor change into red X and wires can't be connected with anything. When I fist click on pole, I can't connect wire with the cyberchest. It's like cyberchest have old logistic behavior, and it's incompatibility with new one.
In Factorio 0.12 there is some changes in logistic network (eg. there is no more separate red/green condition entities).
I don't understand why do you need wires in a logistic network.. but oh well. I reuploaded the archive, should be better ;)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I don't know what you did, but now it's working :D

P.S> By logistic network I meant logistic circuits :P

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Neotix wrote:I don't know what you did, but now it's working :D

P.S> By logistic network I meant logistic circuits :P
You mean the wire network/circuit network. HeHe some things may just be a little bit confusing sometimes ;)!
Logo

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

i figured out something; for some recipe to work correctly i have to set it to double amount of the ingredients;

i wanted it to craft speed module 2
so it normally requires;
30x Copper Cables
10x Electronic Circuits
1x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

But it simply stops if i set it to that.
What i set it so it works is;
92x Copper Cables
31x Electronic Circuits
2x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

is this intended?

(i am using Dytech btw)

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

ares0027 wrote:i figured out something; for some recipe to work correctly i have to set it to double amount of the ingredients;

so it normally requires;
30x Copper Cables
10x Electronic Circuits
1x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

92x Copper Cables
31x Electronic Circuits
2x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

is this intended?

(i am using Dytech btw)
Well, if you are reserving slots, chest will not use last ingredient of each. On what stage does it stop?

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

SigmatroN wrote:
ares0027 wrote:i figured out something; for some recipe to work correctly i have to set it to double amount of the ingredients;

so it normally requires;
30x Copper Cables
10x Electronic Circuits
1x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

92x Copper Cables
31x Electronic Circuits
2x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

is this intended?

(i am using Dytech btw)
Well, if you are reserving slots, chest will not use last ingredient of each. On what stage does it stop?

i apologize for late response and thank your for your response. anyway on this example it sops on module 2, but it is different for each recipe (but generally it restarts on the second last item and re-crafts all the intermediates) but as i said it is quite a bit easy to overcome this by multiplying the necessary items. lets say it requires 5 copper cables, i set it to craft 25 (overkill :P) and it crafts 25 on first cycle, uses 5, and crafts 5 more on second cycle, so it is just the first cycle that takes time.

-------------------------------------------

but i have another issue, and dont know if it was intented or just a necessary "byproduct". since this cyberchest is using logistic slots, lets say i am crafting speed module 4s, everything works perfect UNLESS i place any of the speed module 4s (or any other previous ingredient) to any of my logistics chests. because one of the logistic robots just grabs that item and brings it to cyberchest and cyberchest stops working (no matter if it receives that item or waits for it)

so is there a way to, i dont know mabe create another logistic "channel" for this, or simply exclude it from logistics network? (i know i can place them outside the reaching point but on my current game, i didnt know that so i didnt set my factory for that tbh :D )

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

ares0027 wrote:
SigmatroN wrote:

so it normally requires;
30x Copper Cables
10x Electronic Circuits
1x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

92x Copper Cables
31x Electronic Circuits
2x Speed Module 1
1x Speed Module 2

is this intended?

(i am using Dytech btw)

i apologize for late response and thank your for your response. anyway on this example it sops on module 2, but it is different for each recipe (but generally it restarts on the second last item and re-crafts all the intermediates) but as i said it is quite a bit easy to overcome this by multiplying the necessary items. lets say it requires 5 copper cables, i set it to craft 25 (overkill :P) and it crafts 25 on first cycle, uses 5, and crafts 5 more on second cycle, so it is just the first cycle that takes time.

-------------------------------------------

but i have another issue, and dont know if it was intented or just a necessary "byproduct". since this cyberchest is using logistic slots, lets say i am crafting speed module 4s, everything works perfect UNLESS i place any of the speed module 4s (or any other previous ingredient) to any of my logistics chests. because one of the logistic robots just grabs that item and brings it to cyberchest and cyberchest stops working (no matter if it receives that item or waits for it)

so is there a way to, i dont know mabe create another logistic "channel" for this, or simply exclude it from logistics network? (i know i can place them outside the reaching point but on my current game, i didnt know that so i didnt set my factory for that tbh :D )
Well it's definetely related to the reserved slots then. Just uncheck that option if you wish.
------------------------------------------
This question, again? Common guys, look up Update 8.0 spoiler:
1. Set up your sequence.
2. Press start.
3. If chest starts working, erase all the requested items. (Alternatively you can leave all the items, except end product(s) intact)
4. Setup raw materials instead.

This works because chest memorizes sequence, when you press Start. And then you are free to erase it and set whatever logistics requests you want. In the example I set up a sequence to produce curcuits from copper and iron (robots will fetch raw materials and not the circuits). You can unload products into a provider chest with a smart inserter. If you leave some of the products in the requester slots, they will be produced OR fetched from the beyond.

Rocksen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rocksen »

Hello i don't know if theirs a a subfourm for this. Right now i have....only 12 cyberchests (6 doing red packs the other 6 doing green)..and when they run my fps drops ALOT i see that as you update it gets better but with only 12 out that are running and factorio goes from 5% (of 15) to 12-13 just from the cyberchests alone i think their must be something wrong with it lol( i know it's doing a lot but their has to be some way to improve it). oh 6 idle 6 running was bad but 12 running is alot worse lol, from 60+ fps all the time no pauses to 45-53 fps with pauses every few secs. i really love the mod and its really really quite cool but can't even use it if it lags so badly. i mean if maybe they gave a bigger boost in speed i wouldn't need 6 for each pack but... even then you could only really use 6ish b4 your game starts to lose fps..and my computer is not some run of the mill computer. again its a sweet mod but i guess ill have to go back to the old way of doing things =( i hope with time the cyber chests wont destory my fps.( or ill just use 2-3 and be happy with that lol =D)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Rocksen wrote:Hello i don't know if theirs a a subfourm for this. Right now i have....only 12 cyberchests (6 doing red packs the other 6 doing green)..and when they run my fps drops ALOT i see that as you update it gets better but with only 12 out that are running and factorio goes from 5% (of 15) to 12-13 just from the cyberchests alone i think their must be something wrong with it lol( i know it's doing a lot but their has to be some way to improve it). oh 6 idle 6 running was bad but 12 running is alot worse lol, from 60+ fps all the time no pauses to 45-53 fps with pauses every few secs. i really love the mod and its really really quite cool but can't even use it if it lags so badly. i mean if maybe they gave a bigger boost in speed i wouldn't need 6 for each pack but... even then you could only really use 6ish b4 your game starts to lose fps..and my computer is not some run of the mill computer. again its a sweet mod but i guess ill have to go back to the old way of doing things =( i hope with time the cyber chests wont destory my fps.( or ill just use 2-3 and be happy with that lol =D)
Those pauses every second could be when the mod does something. Because it is for example only done something like once every 2 seconds. Now it should be noted that it certainly has loads of room for improvement then, but it would require a varying degree of change needed.
Logo

Return to “Mods”