[0.16.50] Dark Matter Replicators

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.3]Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Lishget »

I have made a german translation for this mod. :)
dark-matter-replicators_0.5.2 DE.zip
German Translation
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.3]Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Timeslice »

Degraine wrote:Since this is a fork, should it really be in the unofficial updates section?
Agreed, this really feels like its own mod now.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.5]Dark Matter Replicators

Post by ssilk »

Moved on request. TempiDrachen, it would be nice/useful, if you can make a mod-info-header in the first post, thanks. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

V 0.5.4 refuses to work for me. Any ideas? http://i.imgur.com/GnX0CkX.png

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

oLaudix wrote:V 0.5.4 refuses to work for me. Any ideas? http://i.imgur.com/GnX0CkX.png
Define "refuses to work". It's loading fine for me.

On the other hand the research seems to be borked up. The research for "Replication 1" is (1 sec., 0 x Tenemut) x 100. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you meant 1 x Tenemut.

Looking at the code I don't really see how this is possible... it wouldn't have put tenemut in the recipe if tenemut ("one") wasn't greater than zero. I do have Science Cost Tweaker installed, but I don't actually have the research cost modification turned on (I use it for the better science pack recipes and the tiered labs).

*edit* It's definitely science tweaker - if I remove the mod and reset the tech then the replication 1 recipe is correct.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

Timeslice wrote:Looking at the code I don't really see how this is possible... it wouldn't have put tenemut in the recipe if tenemut ("one") wasn't greater than zero. I do have Science Cost Tweaker installed, but I don't actually have the research cost modification turned on (I use it for the better science pack recipes and the tiered labs).

*edit* It's definitely science tweaker - if I remove the mod and reset the tech then the replication 1 recipe is correct.
Thanks for highlighting this. Didn't think of adding Dark Matter research support. I'll try to get support for Dark Matter research added in over the coming weekend.

EDIT: Also, I guess it is rather silly of me to actually still run through all the recipes and multiply their costs with x1 when "noadjustment" is picked.
And by silly I mean really stupid. I'll fix this in the next version as well.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.5] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Timeslice »

TempiDrachen, I'm interested in seeing some tweaks to the recipes when bob's mods is detected. Would you be interested in implementing these?

To keep DMR technology in step with bob's I'd like to see the following changes made to the circuits used in replicator recipies:
Replicator 1 - uses electronic-circuit: (fine as is)
Replicator 2 - uses electronic-circuit: Should use advanced-circuit
Replicator 3 - uses advanced-circuit: (fine as is)
Replicator 4 - uses advanced-circuit: Should use processing-unit
Replicator 5 - uses processing-unit: Should use advanced-processing-unit

And these changes to the replication lab "science packs":
tenemut: no change (requires red science to research)
dark matter scoop: change iron-plate to invar-alloy (requires red and green science to research)
dark matter manipulator: change steel-plate to titanium-plate (requires red, green, and blue)
matter conduit: add nitinol-alloy (requires red, green, blue, and bob's dark blue (advanced pack) to research)

While the research requirements I am referring to are what's needed to gain access to the material (invar, titanium, nitinol), it wouldn't be completely insane to have the same costs for the replication lab "science pack" reserach as well, but it wouldn't truly be neccesary.

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TempiDrachen »

An important part of each tier of replicators' ingredients is that increasing the tier requires one new type of item that was not used for the previous tiers. Right now increasing the tier to an odd number requires a new circuit type while the even tiers require new replicator research items, and I think that works well enough that I'm not going to change it for now. Still, you have a point with changing the ingredients for the lab items if Bob's mods are enabled. After all, Bob's Electronics increases the number of steps and the number of different raw materials when creating circuits, so for consistency's sake it would only make sense that if both Bob's Electronics and Bob's Plates are detected then something similar should be done to the replication lab items. Adding alloy requirements could be a part of this, especially with the later items. I probably won't be working on this mod for the next week or two, but this has been added to the roadmap.

PhoNoTheSky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PhoNoTheSky »

oLaudix wrote:V 0.5.4 refuses to work for me. Any ideas? http://i.imgur.com/GnX0CkX.png
update bob's modules for it to work, you are using "Bob's Modules V12.1" when it need's to be "Bob's Modules V12.2"
hope it helps
Check Out Cursed-Exp: Here

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Is it possible for lab-type machines to have a non-locked slot? In my ideal scenario you actually have to provide some of the item that you're researching for into the replication lab. i.e. to research iron ore replication it takes 50 tenemut and 50 iron ore. For researches with multiple effects (such as walls) it could just use the first one. I realize this is a bit trickier for liquids and gasses, so the "first release" of this feature could skip adding anything it can't figure out. This would also make some items prohibitively expensive to research, but I consider that a balancing feature, not a bug. Again, this all depends on whether labs can have an unlocked input slot.

*edit* After thinking about it I'm not sure this is even possible anymore now that labs do durbility damage to their input items instead of straight up consuming them. Wouldn't that mean that every item in the game would have to be changed to have durability?

PhoNoTheSky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PhoNoTheSky »

Timeslice wrote:Is it possible for lab-type machines to have a non-locked slot? In my ideal scenario you actually have to provide some of the item that you're researching for into the replication lab. i.e. to research iron ore replication it takes 50 tenemut and 50 iron ore. For researches with multiple effects (such as walls) it could just use the first one. I realize this is a bit trickier for liquids and gasses, so the "first release" of this feature could skip adding anything it can't figure out. This would also make some items prohibitively expensive to research, but I consider that a balancing feature, not a bug. Again, this all depends on whether labs can have an unlocked input slot.

*edit* After thinking about it I'm not sure this is even possible anymore now that labs do durbility damage to their input items instead of straight up consuming them. Wouldn't that mean that every item in the game would have to be changed to have durability?
they don't consume it in v0.12, because it just uses the durability on the item itself, unlike furnaces that consume it right alway, but you would need to give iron ore a durability value, which i don't know how to do that, but it could possibly break furnaces smelting iron ore into iron plate, which could break many things :|
so your best option is to look at the tenemut code, to find how to set it a durability to a ore :)
Check Out Cursed-Exp: Here

nerdkusi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nerdkusi »

I'm getting this error when factorio starts, any ideas? :)

Code: Select all

Error while loading entity prototype "replicator-1" (assembling-machine): conversion of data to type "h" failed
Modifications: dark-matter-replicators
Factorio log:

0.000 2015-10-05 08:10:03; Factorio 0.12.10 (Build 17003, mac)
   0.000 Operating system: Mac OS X 10.11.0
   0.000 Program arguments: "/Applications/factorio.app" 
   0.000 Read data path: /Applications/factorio.app/Contents/data
   0.000 Write data path: /Users/adamkusiak/Library/Application Support/factorio
   0.000 Binaries path: /
   0.012 Available display adapters: 1
   0.012  [0]: resolution 1680x1050px at [0,0]
   0.012 Create display on adapter 0. Size 1280x720 at position [190, 147]. Monitor 0
   0.046 Initialised OpenGL:[0] Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine; driver: 2.1 INTEL-10.8.77
   0.459 Graphics options: [FullScreen: false] [VSync: true] [UIScale: 100%] [MultiSampling: OFF] [Graphics quality: normal] [Video memory usage: high] [Screen: 255]
   0.544 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.546 Loading mod base 0.12.10 (data.lua)
   0.596 Loading mod Aircraft 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.637 Loading mod CORE-DyTech-Core 1.3.0 (data.lua)
   0.702 Loading mod Larger Inventory 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.752 Loading mod RoadWorks 3.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.821 Loading mod RSORadar 0.0.1 (data.lua)
   0.869 Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-Machine 1.1.1 (data.lua)
   0.968 Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-Power 1.1.3 (data.lua)
   1.077 Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-War 1.1.1 (data.lua)
   1.201 Loading mod dark-matter-replicators 0.5.4 (data.lua)
   1.361 Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-War 1.1.1 (data-updates.lua)
   1.497 Loading mod rso-mod 1.4.1 (data-updates.lua)
   1.673 Loading mod CORE-DyTech-Core 1.3.0 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   1.819 Loading mod MAIN-DyTech-War 1.1.1 (data-final-fixes.lua)
   2.920 Error Util.cpp:46: Error while loading entity prototype "replicator-1" (assembling-machine): conversion of data to type "h" failed

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Timeslice »

Oh, sweet, you are still updating this! :D
Two of the three parts of updating for bob's mods are done, which is exciting. This can be a really busy time of year for some people; what's your guess for the release of 0.5.8? Days, weeks, months?

MrValley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrValley »

The replicators dont appear when trying to set a logistic network condition in smart inserters, or when trying to request them in a requester chest. All of the other items in the mod appear just fine however. It is possible to work around this by using the fact that one tier of replicator uses a replicator of the previous tier, so simply copying the assembler recipe onto a requester chest, then canceling out the other materials will work.

silver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silver »

I have no Tenemut....

I think there is a problem with other mods.
Dytech or 5dm or bob´s mods

Is there a solution?

Thx

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

I dont know about dytech, but it works fine with bobs mods.

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Tenemut is not available and cannot proceed with the game due to the now inability to create what used to be basic components.. Is this going to be addressed?

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

Same for me - we have no Tenemute - If this can't be fixed I'll change all recipes to Rare Earth.

Found some one but it generates a bit less I think ^^

DamageDoctor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DamageDoctor »

Hey guys. I am getting an issue when loading the mod. Any suggestions?

0.001 2016-05-02 10:31:00; Factorio 0.12.32 (Build 18073, mac, steam)
   0.001 Operating system: Mac OS X 10.11.4
   0.001 Program arguments: "/Users/aswigon/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/factorio.app" 
   0.001 Read data path: /Users/aswigon/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/factorio.app/Contents/data
   0.001 Write data path: /Users/aswigon/Library/Application Support/factorio
   0.001 Binaries path: /Users/aswigon/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common
   0.013 Graphics options: [FullScreen: false] [VSync: true] [UIScale: 100%] [MultiSampling: OFF] [Graphics quality: normal] [Video memory usage: high] [Light scale: 20%] [Screen: 255]
   0.015 Available display adapters: 1
   0.016  [0]: resolution 1440x900px at [0,0]
   0.016 Create display on adapter 0. Size 1280x720 at position [70, 72].
   0.131 Initialised OpenGL:[0] NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine; driver: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
   0.327 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.330 Loading mod base 0.12.32 (data.lua)
   0.390 Loading mod dark-matter-replicators 0.5.7 (data.lua)
   0.449 Checksum for core: 3711505753
   0.449 Checksum for mod base: 2829195351
   0.449 Checksum for mod dark-matter-replicators: 306161526
   0.614 Error Util.cpp:58: Error while loading entity prototype "replicator-1" (assembling-machine): conversion of data to type "h" failed

elementalist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by elementalist »

nerdkusi wrote:I'm getting this error when factorio starts, any ideas? :)

Error while loading entity prototype "replicator-1" (assembling-machine): conversion of data to type "h" failed
Worked out the fix for this,

Under prototypes\replicators.lua

Find:

ingredient_count = -0,
Replace with

ingredient_count = 0,
Both ways work fine in windows 7 V12.32 but only the replacement works in OSX

Return to “Mods”