[MOD 0.12.x] SimpleTeleporters

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.X] SimpleTeleporters

Post by Eldwen »

iUltimateLP wrote: Yep, found that out too, Im currently in vacation so I cant fix it now, you can change it on your own if you want. Fix will be out in a week with new features.
Its been fixed. Just wanted to make sure you knew as no one else had posted about it yet. Enjoy your vacation. Thanks for the mod.

LouisFahrenheit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LouisFahrenheit »

And how to fix it? I'm just a player. Can you give a corrected file "recipe.lua"?

WoodyDaOcas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WoodyDaOcas »

Hey there :)
Thanks for the interest, the issue was actually in technology.lua, all the (added) recipes are indeed in recipe.lua, but disabled by default, ie. at the start of the game, needs to be enabled by the research itself and the liquid artifacts were not added there.
I don't have an opportunity to test it out, can anyone try it out, please ?
Hope it helps :)

(btw. I have a blessing to mess with it from the author : )
Attachments
SimpleTeleporters_0.0.1.zip
(274.17 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

New version (0.0.2) is out with Power consumption, Tiers and other stuff! Check it out :D

WoodyDaOcas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WoodyDaOcas »

Hey guise,
as mentioned, the new version is out.(yay!)

There was literally no reason to prolong the release any more, so it brought a lot (!) of new stuff, but (long) description might not explain everything in such a detail.
I took an opportunity and until it will be changed (tomorrow, probably) I am pasting a version with (hopefully) a bit more explanation in it.
http://pastebin.com/1d2awL8W

Hopefully the stuff is not hard to figure out, so please go ahead and test it out, we tried to keep it as not-cheesy as possible and packed with cool features.
These teleporters are expensive and use up some power, so that should be fair (all the suggestions are appreciated!) but if that should stop anyone from playing, there is also a handy config to let you set up basically all important values, so you can have "your" teleporter mod :)

Stay tuned for more updates soon, including the gui with a list of links for convenience and more^^.
We're looking forward for your reactions, please do enjoy!

yousefabo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yousefabo »

can you make something to teleport items like enderchest (minecraft)
or telebelt

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

yousefabo wrote:can you make something to teleport items like enderchest (minecraft)
or telebelt
There is definitly a possibility.. Coming maybe after The GUI update.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

iUltimateLP wrote:
yousefabo wrote:can you make something to teleport items like enderchest (minecraft)
or telebelt
I don't think that's a good idea. Factorio alreday has all the logistics systems it needs, manual carry, Belts, Logistics Robots and Trains.

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

Peter34 wrote:
iUltimateLP wrote:
or telebelt
I don't think that's a good idea. Factorio alreday has all the logistics systems it needs, manual carry, Belts, Logistics Robots and Trains.
But I think a enderchest wouod be cool. All chests of that share the same inventory...

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

iUltimateLP wrote:
Peter34 wrote:
iUltimateLP wrote:
or telebelt
But I think a enderchest wouod be cool. All chests of that share the same inventory...
I think a telebelt or warp chest (if it's even possible) would be an awesome thing. I'd have them be only craftable in an assembling machine, of course. For warp chests, I'd base them on smart chests so you could get a data signal out of them.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

Zeeth_Kyrah wrote:
iUltimateLP wrote:
Peter34 wrote:
iUltimateLP wrote:
or telebelt
I think a telebelt or warp chest (if it's even possible) would be an awesome thing. I'd have them be only craftable in an assembling machine, of course. For warp chests, I'd base them on smart chests so you could get a data signal out of them.
Warp chest would be a better solution I think, cause you can even put things from a belt inside with your Inserters. I'll take a look on that after I finished the GUI.

Edit: GUI Update! Have fun!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SimpleTeleporters

Post by Airat9000 »

404 bug!!! in donwload link

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

Airat9000 wrote:404 bug!!! in donwload link
Oh sorry, totally forgot that I removed that release. Updated it!

sadris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sadris »

Would be nice if you didn't need to get to purple science before you can start using it, by then you've already concreted your base and have personal armor. Maybe a config option for simpler tech?

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

sadris wrote:Would be nice if you didn't need to get to purple science before you can start using it, by then you've already concreted your base and have personal armor. Maybe a config option for simpler tech?
I considered a option to make things easier, will come in the next update!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I still haven't actually used this mod, but I'm a bit unsure about having to use Alien Artifacts to manufacture this liquid alien goop, and then using the goop to upgrade my teleporters.

How does that work exactly? Do I just have one central teleporter that I upgrade? Or do I have to upgrade each and every teleporter portal? If the later, how am I supposed to move the alien goop?

I'm all for the idea of using Alien Artifacts for stuff (one of my favourite mods, Modular Armor ReVamp, requires Superconducting Coils, made out of Copper Wire and Alien Artifacts, and that's fine), and it's a nice novelty value to have a liquid to use instead of a solid "stackable" object, but I'm just concerned about how to move around the alien goop, long distances, without wastage.

Maybe I've misunderstood how the mod works... As I said, I still haven't actually used it. One test game, 1-2 weeks ago, I did set up manufacturing of the goop, but didn't get any further, because I also had other fairly big mods to explore.

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by iUltimateLP »

Peter34 wrote:I still haven't actually used this mod, but I'm a bit unsure about having to use Alien Artifacts to manufacture this liquid alien goop, and then using the goop to upgrade my teleporters.

How does that work exactly? Do I just have one central teleporter that I upgrade? Or do I have to upgrade each and every teleporter portal? If the later, how am I supposed to move the alien goop?

I'm all for the idea of using Alien Artifacts for stuff (one of my favourite mods, Modular Armor ReVamp, requires Superconducting Coils, made out of Copper Wire and Alien Artifacts, and that's fine), and it's a nice novelty value to have a liquid to use instead of a solid "stackable" object, but I'm just concerned about how to move around the alien goop, long distances, without wastage.

Maybe I've misunderstood how the mod works... As I said, I still haven't actually used it. One test game, 1-2 weeks ago, I did set up manufacturing of the goop, but didn't get any further, because I also had other fairly big mods to explore.
Yep, you can take a look at the wiki on GitHub for more information on there, but yeah, you build Telepoter Prototypes and you need to upgrade every teleporter you have with the Upgrade modules. The alien goop does not move, you just need it to basicially create the Flux matrix shit ^^ So there is no really realistic thought behind it, hope you like the mod anyway..

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

We should have one that has infinite range, with higher cooldown, or distance based cooldown/energy.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Very useful mod, but mechanism awkward.

Upgrade delinks.

It's not possible to link teleporters remotely, which means walking back and forth.

I am not sure what's the point of buffer capacity if upgraded teleporters takes longer to cool down. Seems like a downgrade to me.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

kiba wrote:Very useful mod, but mechanism awkward.

Upgrade delinks.

It's not possible to link teleporters remotely, which means walking back and forth.

I am not sure what's the point of buffer capacity if upgraded teleporters takes longer to cool down. Seems like a downgrade to me.
From the looks of it range and buffer for say power outage?

Is it actually broken from MP? Known bugs about the GUI.

Return to “Mods”