[MOD 0.12.X] Galactic Trade

Topics and discussion about specific mods
coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12]Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: I can show you the normal instance, I do not understand the example of the initial code I gave

Code: Select all

global.gt_extra_blacklist
to

global.gt_extra_Yuoki_0.2.33
wright?
So below is what I get when I try to run bob's ores with a clean install:
TroubleItems.txt
There are two ways I can make this work, I will show both below. The first is just copying the whole thing into the config directly above the last "end" and change the "mod_name_here" to the mod's name, then add values for the items (which is toward the end of the file):
config.lua - option 1
The other way is to get rid of a few lines:
config.lua - option 2
either one should work as long as every line has either a number or false at the end.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: I can show you the normal instance, I do not understand the example of the initial code I gave

global.gt_extra_blacklist
to

global.gt_extra_Yuoki_0.2.33
wright?
So below is what I get when I try to run bob's ores with a clean install:
TroubleItems.txt
There are two ways I can make this work, I will show both below. The first is just copying the whole thing into the config directly above the last "end" and change the "mod_name_here" to the mod's name, then add values for the items (which is toward the end of the file):
config.lua - option 1
The other way is to get rid of a few lines:
config.lua - option 2
either one should work as long as every line has either a number or false at the end.
Attachments
2015-08-12_7-16-11.jpg
2015-08-12_7-16-11.jpg (260.02 KiB) Viewed 7974 times
2015-08-12_7-16-36.jpg
2015-08-12_7-16-36.jpg (111.37 KiB) Viewed 7974 times

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

if they have a true at the end, that means that they wont show up in game. If you want them to show up, turn them to false. The only ones though that you should turn to false are the ones that say blacklist.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:if they have a true at the end, that means that they wont show up in game. If you want them to show up, turn them to false. The only ones though that you should turn to false are the ones that say blacklist.
changed to false, nothing has changed
Attachments
2015-08-12_16-31-50.jpg
2015-08-12_16-31-50.jpg (260.17 KiB) Viewed 7962 times

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:if they have a true at the end, that means that they wont show up in game. If you want them to show up, turn them to false. The only ones though that you should turn to false are the ones that say blacklist.
you need to add

gt_Yuoki_support = true
before the

if gt_Yuoki_support then
like I explained

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
you need to add

gt_Yuoki_support = true
before the

if gt_Yuoki_support then
like I explained
Thank like everything turned out)) only question, then it will be available for sale all *?
Attachments
2015-08-12_18-41-08.jpg
2015-08-12_18-41-08.jpg (373.18 KiB) Viewed 7958 times

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

I really like this mod.
I have two suggestions- make use of the rockets for trading. Secondly, make the prices based on what other people are buying. For example, for every solar panel that "bob" buys, "Tim" gets more for selling them. Basically supply and demand. (A lot like how the game "blockheads" does its 'global market')
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

TuckJohn wrote:I really like this mod.
I have two suggestions- make use of the rockets for trading. Secondly, make the prices based on what other people are buying. For example, for every solar panel that "bob" buys, "Tim" gets more for selling them. Basically supply and demand. (A lot like how the game "blockheads" does its 'global market')
I really want to do something like this, but I haven't really thought of a good way of doing it while trying to make it fit with factorio. It is planned though and I will eventually do it. Also, what do you mean by make use of rockets for trading? I already have it to where you can buy and sell rocket launcher and ammo in-game.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

coopmaster wrote: I really want to do something like this, but I haven't really thought of a good way of doing it while trying to make it fit with factorio. It is planned though and I will eventually do it. Also, what do you mean by make use of rockets for trading? I already have it to where you can buy and sell rocket launcher and ammo in-game.
1. There are two different ways that you could implement it from a gameplay perspective- prices fluctuate per world or per every player using your mod. For the first one, you could simply use a global variable for every item that is changed whenever a item is bought or sold. For the second idea(the more complex one) you would have to host a server with the global prices, that are accessed and changed by the factorio clients using your mod as items are bought.

2. As for your second point on what I mean by rockets, I mean to not simply have chests in which the items magically appear, but rather to use the rocket silos to to the trading. You could think of that as flying to the nearest space station and purchasing items, then landing back in the silo for unloading,re-fueling, and re-use. That may be quite hard to program though.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

TuckJohn wrote:
coopmaster wrote: I really want to do something like this, but I haven't really thought of a good way of doing it while trying to make it fit with factorio. It is planned though and I will eventually do it. Also, what do you mean by make use of rockets for trading? I already have it to where you can buy and sell rocket launcher and ammo in-game.
1. There are two different ways that you could implement it from a gameplay perspective- prices fluctuate per world or per every player using your mod. For the first one, you could simply use a global variable for every item that is changed whenever a item is bought or sold. For the second idea(the more complex one) you would have to host a server with the global prices, that are accessed and changed by the factorio clients using your mod as items are bought.

2. As for your second point on what I mean by rockets, I mean to not simply have chests in which the items magically appear, but rather to use the rocket silos to to the trading. You could think of that as flying to the nearest space station and purchasing items, then landing back in the silo for unloading,re-fueling, and re-use. That may be quite hard to program though.

Ya I was thinking of making a server or something that would make it for everyone, but then what happens when someone decides to cheat in a bunch of items and sell it on the market? Nobody can make a profit on selling their items and I would have to reset the server. What I'm going to do is I will try making a server where everyone can contribute to a global market, but I don't even know if it is possible to connect to a server with a mod. I will look into it, but it might be a while before I actually implement something like that (or it could be soon, I don't have a plan for what I'm doing next after the next update of my mod). The second thing about rockets, I could make an entity that is larger instead of the chests, but I don't think I could have a rocket that flies up and down. Maybe I could have the chests have a fuel resource (like energy crystals for teleportation, or a rocket if I want it to be expensive to trade) but that makes it really expensive to trade stuff and I don't know if I want that.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

A potential problem with "global market" would be players using cheats to flood the market with stuff.

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ikodan »

Hello,

When I opened a buy chest with the version GalacticTrade_0.5.0 :
I tried to update to GalacticTrade_0.6.0 but now my save won't load :
mod list :

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

if I disable galactic trade (version 0.6.0), mod delete, then charge again and activate, it no longer works. He works again when I start a new game and "Recalculate Market Values" does not work

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

ikodan wrote:Hello,

mod list :
unfortunately saves before 0.6 wont work. If you don't plan on using multiplayer then you don't need to update, but otherwise I would suggest making a new save.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Alexs wrote:if I disable galactic trade (version 0.6.0), mod delete, then charge again and activate, it no longer works. He works again when I start a new game and "Recalculate Market Values" does not work
Hmm... I thought it worked from my testing, but I guess it doesn't. I will look at the recalculate market values button, but I might have already fixed it for the next version. Thanks for the feedback.

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ikodan »

coopmaster wrote:
ikodan wrote:Hello,

mod list :
unfortunately saves before 0.6 wont work. If you don't plan on using multiplayer then you don't need to update, but otherwise I would suggest making a new save.
It's already a new save ! I wanted to play with your 0.5, but I had the first screenshot...

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

ikodan wrote: It's already a new save ! I wanted to play with your 0.5, but I had the first screenshot...
Get the 0.5.3 version, I made it to where that wont happen anymore. Before I had it to where you had to do things to other mods to make it compatible, but if you get version 0.5.2 and up you don't need to.
You can get the older versions here. (download the 0.5.3 zip) or just start a new save with the 0.6 version.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.4+] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by Alexs »

seit_der_version_0125.jpg
seit_der_version_0125.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
a new error with the version 0.12.5 factorio.
my galactic trade version is 0.5.3.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.4+] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by coopmaster »

Alexs wrote:
seit_der_version_0125.jpg
a new error with the version 0.12.5 factorio.
my galactic trade version is 0.5.3.
I haven't had the chance to mess around with 0.12.5, I'll do that tonight and try to have a version out by tomorrow.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.4] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by TuckJohn »

I just thought of a way to have global dynamic economy; Have soft limits on the prices so that if a hacker cheats in items, the item value goes down to next to free.
For example, take this diagram. 1 dash equals, say, 200 sales of an item.

(pre-set lower limit) (pre-set upper limit)
10------8----7--6-----5---------------4-----------------------------3

Return to “Mods”