[MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
requim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Marathon 1.0.3

Post by requim »

any chance of a download mirror the mod portal doesn't seem to be working. many thanks for the mod

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

same problems here. I cant use Factorio because the download doesnt work and on the webseite he doesnt let me in (white website after try to login)

I guess it is a bit overload of the server currently because the website code seem to be broken sometimes and sometimes it is fine.

Edit: now the website work but the download mirrow is broken.

Izzybelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Izzybelle »

For anyone else impatiently waiting, this is the new version built from the github source.
Attachments
marathon_1.1.0.zip
(17.46 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Daehlie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Daehlie »

Izzybelle wrote:For anyone else impatiently waiting, this is the new version built from the github source.
You tha real MVP.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

Marathon is dependent on all of the Bob's mods modules. I don't want to use them all but if i disable one of them, the game stops working because it wants Marathon to use all of Bob's modules.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

mbattjes@gmail.com wrote:Marathon is dependent on all of the Bob's mods modules. I don't want to use them all but if i disable one of them, the game stops working because it wants Marathon to use all of Bob's modules.
Marathon should not be dependent on any of them, and you should be able to mix and match. Please post which ones you were using and I will look into the issue.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

Copy of my response on the mod portal:
It works when i remove the turret and production recipe dependencies from the updates lua. I was using bobs library, assembly, modules, power, logistics and config (also using mining now that its fixed). Was getting errors about steel bearings and steel gear wheels but theres probably more.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

mbattjes@gmail.com wrote:Copy of my response on the mod portal:
It works when i remove the turret and production recipe dependencies from the updates lua. I was using bobs library, assembly, modules, power, logistics and config (also using mining now that its fixed). Was getting errors about steel bearings and steel gear wheels but theres probably more.
Ok, thanks, I'll debug.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

What would it take to make Angel's mods be supported by marathon in similar way to Bobs?

Main thing those mods do is to revmap resource production by having 4-5 steps stuff can go through to maximize yields and byproducts. It doesn't add much intermediates other than catalysts used in ore production.

Is there anything other that would be required besides just increasing the amount of stuff one gets from the first step of processing? I haven't played with marathon all that much but from what I gather, one of the main goals of it is to force player to have a LOT more materials moving around while not increasing mining requirements quite as drastically.

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

I have done one, but I havent got the time to check if angels has made any chances to his mods. I will notify through this and angels mod topic when im done

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Is there a way in data.lua to test whether Marathon mod is enabled? I have a request to make 'marathon' Recycling Machine recipes and entities in my mod if Marathon mod is enabled.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DRY411S wrote:Is there a way in data.lua to test whether Marathon mod is enabled? I have a request to make 'marathon' Recycling Machine recipes and entities in my mod if Marathon mod is enabled.
First thing that comes to my mind is to place optional dependency on Marathon and then check data.raw for changes it does.
I don't think Marathon adds unique items so it can't be detected this way. IT also doesn't have config so no variables to read on data stage.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

orzelek wrote:
DRY411S wrote:Is there a way in data.lua to test whether Marathon mod is enabled? I have a request to make 'marathon' Recycling Machine recipes and entities in my mod if Marathon mod is enabled.
First thing that comes to my mind is to place optional dependency on Marathon and then check data.raw for changes it does.
I don't think Marathon adds unique items so it can't be detected this way. IT also doesn't have config so no variables to read on data stage.
I just did a bit of a test, and I think that if I test for a global variable called 'marathon' (set in Marathon Mod 'data.lua') then that tells me that it's enabled.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DRY411S wrote:
orzelek wrote:
I just did a bit of a test, and I think that if I test for a global variable called 'marathon' (set in Marathon Mod 'data.lua') then that tells me that it's enabled.
Ahh yes - seems to be done for this purpose :D

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

IhanaMies wrote:I have done one, but I havent got the time to check if angels has made any chances to his mods. I will notify through this and angels mod topic when im done
Awesome. Let me know.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

orzelek wrote:
DRY411S wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Ahh yes - seems to be done for this purpose :D
My Recycling Machines Mod is now updated so that the Recycling Machines cost the same as Assembly Machines if the Marathon Mod is enabled. Check it out at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/ZRecycling

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I got an error message trying to load the latest (1.1.2) version :(.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Error
Failed to load mod "marathon 1.1.2"
__marathon__/data-updates.lua:109: __marathon__/prototypes/bobsmods/recipe-production.lua:27: attempt to call a table value
OK   
How do I fix it?

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Bizobinator wrote:I got an error message trying to load the latest (1.1.2) version :(.

Error
Failed to load mod "marathon 1.1.2"
__marathon__/data-updates.lua:109: __marathon__/prototypes/bobsmods/recipe-production.lua:27: attempt to call a table value
OK   
How do I fix it?
Update to 1.1.3 and and ask me not to make typos. :|

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

So..... I got a different error this time :P

Error
Failed to load mod "marathon 1.1.3"
__marathon__/data-updates.lua:109: __marathon__/stdlib/data/recipe.lua:43: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got table)
OK   

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Bizobinator wrote:So..... I got a different error this time :P

Error
Failed to load mod "marathon 1.1.3"
__marathon__/data-updates.lua:109: __marathon__/stdlib/data/recipe.lua:43: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got table)
OK   
That's what I get for "fixing" an issue without actually testing it.

I did load up all of bob's mods this time and verified 1.1.4 fixes it.

Return to “Mods”