[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.0

Post by Berkys32 »

TheASguy, thanks for reply.
I forgot about other buildings than T stations. I definetly try mind control, it sounds usefull, especialy in high density spawner area!
So my current game:
This time I was faster. Still have more than half of iron deposit. Copper is almost done, but many is hidden under my factories (i know, it doesnt sound much clever, but Im at place between lakes, its easier to defend), and I almost expanded to another BIG copper deposit (it seems like small bug with ore generating, there are two deposits together). I have military 3, solar panels mk2, high capacity batteries. Can build mk I tank, but I wasnt able to do much with it last time, so i didnt built it yet. Train is ready, waiting to finish my first outpost (after clearing that area). Evolution rating is little over 30% and still slightly rising, even with my 3 T station and almost green power generation. I have only 5 MJ in steam generators, and they are turned on only when my batteries are empty, but still it seems i cant handle it.
My last change in strategy are laser turrets. I use 5 of them in front of my turret nests, so all attacks are handled using only power, not ammo. They arent able to handle counterattacks (especially after attacking spawner), but thats why my mk2 turrets are still there. So ammo storage is growing now, and batteries are depleted only when bad weather comes after hard night.
Im still trying to make some laser-turret-only setup that could handle all counter attacks, but still no succes. If there are more than about 7 spawners together, turrets got overhelmed by aliens :( And 7 spawners together is quite common...
So my next goals:
Conquer copper are and prepare for expanding to iron
Research mind control station
Stop pollution from rising (Im feared from gardens bcs everytime I play I have small stone deposit)
Way i got this far:
Turrets - electric furnaces - solar panels - baterries - turrets mk 2. I stopped building more stem generators at 5MJ with 2nd tier, rather having 1/3 of power demand than so much pollution.
And of course all tips other guys told me ;)
So it seems hard times are waiting for me, but at least i shouldnt get stuck ;)

P.S.: Sorry for (another) long post, maybe somebody find abything usefull

P.P.S.: Abybody using bobs ammo from cordite and gunmetal? I wanted to use it instead of piercing ammo bcs i thought its costs less copper, but when i researched it i realized that i was wrong. So now im not sure if i should spend so much time building this factory chain, it seems quite difficult...

somaplus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by somaplus »

Hello!

I have found some problems while playing latest version of NE mod.

1. How can I get alien toxin? I can't see the recipe of alien toxin in my manufacture tab..

2. When I set alien control station at land, I can see following error message

Error while running the event handler: __Natural_Evolution_Buildings__/control.lua:126: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

somaplus wrote:
1. How can I get alien toxin? I can't see the recipe of alien toxin in my manufacture tab..
Look at research "Alien hatchery" or so. Theres recipe, its from artifact and water, made in same building as petrol, sulfur, etc.

somaplus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by somaplus »

Berkys32 wrote:
somaplus wrote:
Look at research "Alien hatchery" or so. Theres recipe, its from artifact and water, made in same building as petrol, sulfur, etc.
When I use this mod with biofarm mod, there are alien toxin recipe you mentioned above.
But when I use this mod without biofarm mod, there are no recipe to make alien toxin.
(please re-check this problem when this mod is used alone)

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Bio farm mod - do you think Bio Industries from theSAguy?

somaplus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by somaplus »

Berkys32 wrote:Bio farm mod - do you think Bio Industries from theSAguy?
Yes, that mod.

I cannot find reason.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

somaplus wrote:Hello!

I have found some problems while playing latest version of NE mod.

2. When I set alien control station at land, I can see following error message

Error while running the event handler: __Natural_Evolution_Buildings__/control.lua:126: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
Thanks for the report Somaplus.
I've just released V6.1.1 This should fix both issues you mention above.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.1

Post by Berkys32 »

TheSAguy and more experienced comrads,
It was mentioned before that Mind control station can be used when expanding. Can u please explain that way for me?
I just tried to use this building, and cant find way how to use it properly. It doesnt have big range (just little more than sniper turrets), so its offensive usage is secret to me.
If i build it so close so it can capture more biters it will be under constant attack, and if I built it near turret nest (in safe distance) it captures only some biters from attack groups (= one or two)
And it cant be removed... So what im doing wrong?

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

Thanks for committing the new changes, hope my inepticism at reaching T3 with all those mods is a bit weighed off, tried a game without it but have to say, I am kinda missing a gigantic part of the game if they don't expand as aggressive as they did by this mod.

Is there any way to easily control the max/min distance to bases?

@Berkys32 it's a kind of defensive offensive, imagine everything is overrun with critters and they're so close that your sniper turrets are always engaged, dropping one of those will help you by increasing the range of your defense by utilizing enemy bases as a first defense, their range is so short to not be even more overpowered, tho I'd love to see an addon building to that to use it like orbital ion cannon or similar things.

-- edit --
ah i'm seeing on the page before this for what I would have to look to keep them and their spawn just outside of my turrets

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

funnysunnybunny wrote: @Berkys32 it's a kind of defensive offensive, imagine everything is overrun with critters and they're so close that your sniper turrets are always engaged
Ah, i see your point. Luckily i never was ao deep in hell :D. If spawner comes so close that biters are constantly attacking, I just take my sniper rifle with piercing ammo enhanced with alien toxin and shoot them few times. Than hide under my turrets, and when counterattack is gone, i finish it.

My newest way how to deal with spawners clusters are laser turrets. I just build continuos line of turrets from safety distance just straight to spawners. While turrets are killing biters, i shoot spawners. Its easy, just be sure you have enough power (dont try it at night - I did, bad idea)

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Joined the enemy force, could attack and stuff without issue, even dismantle the hives which was nice.
Problem was that when I used the attractor, they went wild. The ones I spawned didn't care, but the normal ones did.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

I somehow broke the mod for a save I'd really like to use it with (problem is that I added it to a running game)
is there any way for me to define what it looks for in line 158 in control.lua? it's
if global.Peaceful_Sleep_Time > 0 then
problem being a nil value

i tried /c global.Peaceful_Sleep_Time = 1 as well as -1 and /c local variant

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:I somehow broke the mod for a save I'd really like to use it with (problem is that I added it to a running game)
is there any way for me to define what it looks for in line 158 in control.lua? it's

Start by commenting out line 618: script.on_configuration_changed(On_Change)

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

TheSAguy wrote:
a pity that didn't work
I'll try uncommenting the other and the changed one?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
a pity that didn't work
I'll try uncommenting the other and the changed one?
Try changing the mod version to 6.1.2. Folder and j.. remove the previous change i said sonce that should actually fix adding to existing game.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:(
Attachments
bandicam 2016-07-24 10-57-05-389.jpg
bandicam 2016-07-24 10-57-05-389.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 6885 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Airat9000 wrote::(
Can you please give me a little more information.
Are you playing with Bob's Enemies.
Did you possibly disable Bob's new worms. (IS that an option in his config?)
What Config setting did you alter?

Thanks

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Suggestion:
Could you please add Bio ammo version of bobs mod ammo? One made from cordite and gunmetal? I think its sad that your Bio ammo makes it useless, it has nice and complicated recipe ;)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:I somehow broke the mod for a save I'd really like to use it with (problem is that I added it to a running game)

Let me know if you still have issues with V 6.1.2.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.2

Post by TheSAguy »

V6.1.2 - New approach to keeping Rail save. (Thanks Veden). Terrain turns to desert when killing enemies on it. Oh, and don't kill any trees...
Let me know what you guys think of these changes.

Return to “Mods”