[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.2.2

Post by Airat9000 »

:( not new donwload winthout problem

i all

mods files v game 0.12.33
link
https://yadi.sk/d/k5C_kWDNpaTc2

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:Hate to be a nag again, but my artifact collectors just stopped working... new ones I place won't gather as well as old ones... it literally just stopped dead while I'm mid-battle turret creeping....
If you could send me a save with your mods I could look. That' be very helpful. I've never had it happen to myself, but have heard of this happening before.
Also, there are some alternative item collector mods out there you can try.
I had the exact same issue on multiple games in the past with Natural Evolution in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, that is why I made my version of the artifact collector (not just artifacts, anything that is on the 'ground', not belts or so, within range), and it eats some power (very little) compared to being free. The mod also has a module armor equipment that does the same thing around your person so you can add a few of them for far range then run around cleaning up everything via your bots (definitely needed to get my game save sizes back down to something reasonable with such huge amounts of biter death in my pack). viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23074

It uses the radar graphic currently (though 2x2 instead of 3x3) as I am no artist, just a coder, but it should be very efficient and has shown itself to be in my utterly *MASSIVE* most recent multiplayer game.

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

orzelek wrote:You can try with attached control.lua and see if it changes anything.
It's modified to make collectors check 6 times slower and pick up to 6 items per check.
It's mainly performance optimization (I'm using them with doubled radius also).
Nope, no change, the thing still won't work.
OvermindDL1 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:Hate to be a nag again, but my artifact collectors just stopped working... new ones I place won't gather as well as old ones... it literally just stopped dead while I'm mid-battle turret creeping....
If you could send me a save with your mods I could look. That' be very helpful. I've never had it happen to myself, but have heard of this happening before.
I had the exact same issue on multiple games in the past with Natural Evolution in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, that is why I made my version of the artifact collector (not just artifacts, anything that is on the 'ground', not belts or so, within range), and it eats some power (very little) compared to being free. The mod also has a module armor equipment that does the same thing around your person so you can add a few of them for far range then run around cleaning up everything via your bots (definitely needed to get my game save sizes back down to something reasonable with such huge amounts of biter death in my pack). viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23074

It uses the radar graphic currently (though 2x2 instead of 3x3) as I am no artist, just a coder, but it should be very efficient and has shown itself to be in my utterly *MASSIVE* most recent multiplayer game.
As nice as it is, It doesn't fit my playstyle sadly. I tend to "Cheese" and make inserter chains that drag items along the ground a lot (because using chests would mean tons of wasted mats) so that would screw quite a few of my factories over. That, and I'd be burning through hundreds of bots as the biters annihilate them.... Thank you though.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Airat9000 wrote::( not new donwload winthout problem

i all

mods files v game 0.12.33
link
https://yadi.sk/d/k5C_kWDNpaTc2
Airat9000,
Geez, that's a lot of mods...
the mod Diesel-Fuel_0.0.2 is causing the crash. I don't have time tonight to look into why that is. It must be changing one of the names of the rocket parts.

P.S. get an updated biofarm!

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

New modland (my world) has been attached below. *Edit* actually attached the correct world version.. xD
Thanks Captain Taz,
Let me see if I can find what's causing this issue.
Didja figure it out yet? No worries if you didn't, I prolly seem impatient but really I'm just a bit jumpy xD

If you haven't no worries, I can manage flying around picking shit up for now

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Captain Taz wrote:
Didja figure it out yet? No worries if you didn't, I prolly seem impatient but really I'm just a bit jumpy xD

Can you please send me a save, where're it's broken?

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:

The last one I sent was the correct one, but here it is again. I've placed myself at a well of artifact collectors after leading a wave to them and killing them. If it saves the player position you should be able to see its not collecting.

The world is called new modland because old modland... well.... died xD Aorry if the name is confusing
Attachments
New Modland.zip
(11.86 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Captain Taz wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:

The last one I sent was the correct one, but here it is again. I've placed myself at a well of artifact collectors after leading a wave to them and killing them. If it saves the player position you should be able to see its not collecting.

The world is called new modland because old modland... well.... died xD Aorry if the name is confusing
I tried to look at the code and I admit the way it decides which collectors should be processed when is very confusing.
It's likely that there is some issue there that makes it start skipping collectors - might be very hard to find.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It turned out to be a bit more simple and slightly mysterious :D
Try attached control.lua - I patched it up so it will fix some strange mishap that happened in your save on loading it.
For some strange reason the next tick for check is very long time before current game tick. I have no idea how it could happen since from what I can see it's always set to current tick + interval.

@TheSAguy:
I think this control.lua can be used normally - it's set to valiadate next_check on game load and make sure it's not smaller then current game tick.
Attachments
control.lua
(10.65 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

orzelek wrote:It turned out to be a bit more simple and slightly mysterious :D
Try attached control.lua - I patched it up so it will fix some strange mishap that happened in your save on loading it.
For some strange reason the next tick for check is very long time before current game tick. I have no idea how it could happen since from what I can see it's always set to current tick + interval.

@TheSAguy:
I think this control.lua can be used normally - it's set to valiadate next_check on game load and make sure it's not smaller then current game tick.
Yep, it's fixed now! Thank you!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

@TheSAguy:
Orzelek, you are too good to me!
Thanks for checking into this!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.3.0

Post by TheSAguy »

V5.3.0 Up! All Modules updated.
This is mostly a balancing tweak.

Expansion - Pollution penalty changed from 4x to 2x. I play with Bob's and found that a little of the fun was taken out of the game, since I did not want to upgrade to higher level machinery due to the high pollution scale of upgrades. Also, in the past Bob's had an early pollution module, now modules are late game only, so you can't really start a game clean. This will only affect new games. To adjust your current game, run:

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = 0.00003
Enemies: Fix rare error that would make Artifact collector stop working, thx Orzelek!.

Buildings: Terraforming Station cost increase. Doubled the Artifacts needed.

Probably the last update before 0.13. I read through the changes and I think I'm going to need some help with player index stuff. That should also fix a rare crash that is currently happening in MP.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

One thing about pollution and enemy evolution:
If you run eco base (Yuoki green mods then bob's green mods up to limit) then your evolution factor currently will go down without any usage of evolution reducing buildings. I think that phase change reduction is enough to get it down. I don't even run fully solar still have steam for night use (accus are costly in bobathon on batteries side).
So if you go very green then your evo factor will be quite low. I'm actually thinking about removing some green mods from pumpjacks and/or drills to create tons of pollution to see better biters ;)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

orzelek wrote:One thing about pollution and enemy evolution:
If you run eco base (Yuoki green mods then bob's green mods up to limit) then your evolution factor currently will go down without any usage of evolution reducing buildings. I think that phase change reduction is enough to get it down. I don't even run fully solar still have steam for night use (accus are costly in bobathon on batteries side).
So if you go very green then your evo factor will be quite low. I'm actually thinking about removing some green mods from pumpjacks and/or drills to create tons of pollution to see better biters ;)
That's the problem sometimes combining Mods. It's hard to know if things will be balanced...
I try to balance NE with Bobs, but was finding it almost impossible to keep the Evo down with no pollution modules. Before they were much earlier and it was doable, but now that are late and by the time you get there you're already stuck!

How does YI and Bob's work together?

I was thinking of adding YI or maybe Dim5 or possibly both to my next game. (Probably after .13 comes out) but don't know if they play well together.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Captain Taz wrote:
orzelek wrote:You can try with attached control.lua and see if it changes anything.
It's modified to make collectors check 6 times slower and pick up to 6 items per check.
It's mainly performance optimization (I'm using them with doubled radius also).
Nope, no change, the thing still won't work.
OvermindDL1 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

As nice as it is, It doesn't fit my playstyle sadly. I tend to "Cheese" and make inserter chains that drag items along the ground a lot (because using chests would mean tons of wasted mats) so that would screw quite a few of my factories over. That, and I'd be burning through hundreds of bots as the biters annihilate them.... Thank you though.
That design was on purpose. I like belts as well but use inserters at a collection point. These I consider 'higher tier' in that fewer resources are needed but if you are not smart about placement (I tend to include them only in my fortress placements) then you will lose fairly infinite bots as a balancing measure. If you want you can edit it to just pick them up into a nearby chest or something in the code, should be a 1-3 line change depending on what you want it to do, and it should still run reliably compared to artifact collector code. :-)
I can make that a configurable option if you want as well?

@TheSAguy:
Ooo nice, that has been a long standing bug in it!

RemTM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RemTM »

Regarding what I posted previously about my issue. I solved it. Apparently it was a random WIP mod that decided it would break the evo rate despite not even affecting it on the modding level.
TheSAguy wrote:How does YI and Bob's work together?

I was thinking of adding YI or maybe Dim5 or possibly both to my next game. (Probably after .13 comes out) but don't know if they play well together.
YI works pretty fine with Bob's, as it doesn't add any research of its own and simply adds a whole bunch of new items and buildings restricted by only your ability to craft the necessary materials. I don't know about Dim5 though, as I haven't gotten around to trying that yet.

If you are planning on playing with YI and Bob's, then I suggest focusing primarily on Bob's to get some infrastructure going. Once you start making steel you can then move on to the better stuff in YI. By the time you get to robots you should be able to do most of YI with what you've got.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

The main thing in YI is the fact that you ahve access to energy reduction modules from start of the game.
Thats a heavy help especially with bob's due to late entry of modules there (and even more with marathon added).

Kayomani
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kayomani »

I tried adding this mod to a late game multiplayer game last and whilst it was good to have things much harder we did have issues around mobs just spawning on you which is a bit frustrating. At around 20-30 tiles from a hive you'd get a spawn of about 8 behemoth biters spawn on you which pretty much stops you dead in a bobs mk3 tank and if you manage to get out it will repeat every couple of seconds until you are dead. Is that intended behavior? It would be nice to be able to turn off that spawning mechanic if so - I know if provides hives with a bit more protection but I think40-50 top tier mobs already provide enough of a challenge. I see there is the hive buster building so I'm going to guess at it is.

My evolution factor is stuck at 99.9 which probably isn't helping but I don't have a rocket or harder end game enabled. I have a couple of smaller areas on the map up to 1500 PU which is perhaps why its not dropping.

Mod list

angelsprocessing_0.1.6.zip
Bio_Farm_1.1.5.zip
bobassembly_0.12.7.zip
bobconfig_0.12.2.zip
bobelectronics_0.12.6.zip
bobenemies_0.12.7.zip
boblibrary_0.12.3.zip
boblogistics_0.12.7.zip
bobmining_0.12.3.zip
bobmodules_0.12.9.zip
bobores_0.12.7.zip
bobplates_0.12.11.zip
bobpower_0.12.6.zip
bobtech_0.12.4.zip
bobwarfare_0.12.9.zip
Electric Furnaces_1.3.1.zip
Enhanced_Map_Colors_1.1.0.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.15.zip
ExtraChests_0.1.2.zip
FARL_0.5.25.zip
Flow Control_1.1.2.zip
lanops-long-reach_0.0.5.zip
MapLabels_0.1.0.zip
mod-iconizer_1.2.1.zip
mod-list.json
Natural_Evolution_Buildings_5.3.0.zip
Natural_Evolution_Enemies_5.3.0.zip
Nucular_0.2.0.zip
rso-mod_1.5.6.zip
Squeak Through_1.1.1.zip
TheFatController_0.4.13.zip
Trashcan_0.1.3.zip
WaiTex_1.0.1.zip
yi_railway_0.0.7.zip
Yuoki_0.2.45.zip
z_yira_4a_cw_steel_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_6a_maai1_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_br110orange_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_br110red_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_mre044_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_UP_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_v100green_0.0.1.zip

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It sounds like the worm that shoots enemies at you :D
I had some strange problems with it (insta death mainly :D) but I don't have such high evolution and was on foot in heavy armor. Tank will survive the actual shot and thats when enemies spawn.

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

Kayomani wrote:I tried adding this mod to a late game multiplayer game last and whilst it was good to have things much harder we did have issues around mobs just spawning on you which is a bit frustrating. At around 20-30 tiles from a hive you'd get a spawn of about 8 behemoth biters spawn on you which pretty much stops you dead in a bobs mk3 tank and if you manage to get out it will repeat every couple of seconds until you are dead. Is that intended behavior? It would be nice to be able to turn off that spawning mechanic if so - I know if provides hives with a bit more protection but I think40-50 top tier mobs already provide enough of a challenge. I see there is the hive buster building so I'm going to guess at it is.

My evolution factor is stuck at 99.9 which probably isn't helping but I don't have a rocket or harder end game enabled. I have a couple of smaller areas on the map up to 1500 PU which is perhaps why its not dropping.

Mod list

angelsprocessing_0.1.6.zip
Bio_Farm_1.1.5.zip
bobassembly_0.12.7.zip
bobconfig_0.12.2.zip
bobelectronics_0.12.6.zip
bobenemies_0.12.7.zip
boblibrary_0.12.3.zip
boblogistics_0.12.7.zip
bobmining_0.12.3.zip
bobmodules_0.12.9.zip
bobores_0.12.7.zip
bobplates_0.12.11.zip
bobpower_0.12.6.zip
bobtech_0.12.4.zip
bobwarfare_0.12.9.zip
Electric Furnaces_1.3.1.zip
Enhanced_Map_Colors_1.1.0.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.15.zip
ExtraChests_0.1.2.zip
FARL_0.5.25.zip
Flow Control_1.1.2.zip
lanops-long-reach_0.0.5.zip
MapLabels_0.1.0.zip
mod-iconizer_1.2.1.zip
mod-list.json
Natural_Evolution_Buildings_5.3.0.zip
Natural_Evolution_Enemies_5.3.0.zip
Nucular_0.2.0.zip
rso-mod_1.5.6.zip
Squeak Through_1.1.1.zip
TheFatController_0.4.13.zip
Trashcan_0.1.3.zip
WaiTex_1.0.1.zip
yi_railway_0.0.7.zip
Yuoki_0.2.45.zip
z_yira_4a_cw_steel_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_6a_maai1_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_br110orange_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_br110red_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_mre044_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_UP_0.0.1.zip
z_yira_v100green_0.0.1.zip
Thats from the giant blue worms. Best bet is to use a long-range weapon like a sniper turret or the light machine gun from VanillaEx (both have a range of 30, which is longer than the worm's range) in order to eliminate them from a safe distance.

Return to “Mods”