[MOD 0.12.x] Electric boiler

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Electric boiler

Post by Afforess »

johanwanderer wrote:
Vuk Farkas wrote:Idk why but your boilers seem to chaotically raise and lower temperature of water that's in them and that passed them (including the ones in pipes and generators) now in ideal conditions i can use a storage tank to balance it out to 95 degrees, but then my generators dont run on maxium when needed. Is there a way ya could stabilise the temperature to be as stable like in the burner boilers? or do i need to route all water into a storage tank first, then let it throu a burner boiler to raise the temp to max and stable; was that intended? or do a mixed combo of el. boiler+tank+el. boiler+tank?
There was a change somewhere when Factorio was upgraded, and it changes the way the electrical priorities work. I'm not sure if I can keep the electric boilers working without doing more work to separate the two grids.
I had to use another mod to allow circuit-based power grid separation to make electric boilers be useful.

BlakkCooper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlakkCooper »

The electric boilers prevent accumulator charging. Even if there is excess power, as long as there is an electric boiler in the system (even if it doesn't do anything) not a single accumulator will charge. This sucks balls. You need to separate the power grids logically with some mod so that one grid powers the other grid one way.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

is OP still active? this mod could do with a resurection

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I tested this mod and I must say it has several problems.
- the lower priority is a good idea, but I think it's much more useful to use circuits (with pumps) instead.
- Reliability: even with 10 boilers in a row the resulting water temp is fluctuating.
- Performance: The mod code is a big loop over all the boiler-entities per frame. Using hundred of long boilers is a really a performance problem.

Why not using just normal boilers and feed them with a "symbolic battery", if empty and enough energy available?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Mods”