Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Cursed UG - v1.0.0

Post by L0771 »

- Cursed underground transport -
  • Name: Cursed UG
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Factorio-Version: 0.12.0
  • Description: No one likes a train crashing you, no one divide the factory just for a train, with this mod you can put the train under the factory!
  • License: BY-NC-ND
  • Release: 2015-07-27
  • Download-Url: Download
  • Source: Click
  • Dependencies: ["base"]
  • Category: Gameplay
  • Tags: Transport, Train, Car, Underground, Underwater, Under, Over
LONG DESCRIPTION
Changelog
Last edited by ssilk on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:04 am, edited 15 times in total.
Reason: Changed title to match board rules http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=947

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Cursed UG - 0.0.1

Post by StanFear »

can you still use inserters on it ?
and if so do inserters might take from the train when they should take from an assembling machine ?

or is theer a rail piece to bring the train back to the top of the map wher you can then do all you're used to ?

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Hey just downloaded the 0.0.1 version. I found some problems and decided to help out since I just really like this idea. Though I was hoping for something new to make these cursed items. Clever item & entity creation. Playing with it now :P

Fixes

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

StanFear wrote:can you still use inserters on it ?
and if so do inserters might take from the train when they should take from an assembling machine ?

or is theer a rail piece to bring the train back to the top of the map wher you can then do all you're used to ?
I've been playing with it and yes you can interact with it normally, but also, like a normal train it can only be used by an inserter if it is stopped.

It pretty much behaves exactly as the vanilla trains. The only difference is that it can be placed on top of nearly any entity, gates being a notable exception as they will turn the gates to rail gates. You can interact completely normally as it only looks like the collision mask was removed. The engine does appear to block inserters from placing items on belts while it is stopped, but the cargo wagon does not appear to affect chests, belts, or buildings (the insertion to or removal from).

The only really issue is that it cannot be placed on normal rail nor interact with normal rail, but it does block normal railways. To clarify, if you run this cursed track through a normal section of track, it needs signals just like it was normal track & if the cursed train is in the block, no normal trains will cross the signal block, same goes for the cursed train. It's good alternative railway & not really good to use in tandem over the same areas. This is really useful as an internal base rail to move stuff around without bots so much.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Brilliant mod! Definitely claiming for a spotlight. :D

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Cursed UG - 0.0.2

Post by L0771 »

It's a train, you can use like a train, but don't crash with stuff.
Test it, but a inserter can't take a item inside the train in movement, i think isn't just test, have 16 ways, maybe 8 ways take from the train and 8 from the assembler machine. Something like this.
vampiricdust wrote:Hey just downloaded the 0.0.1 version. I found some problems and decided to help out since I just really like this idea. Though I was hoping for something new to make these cursed items. Clever item & entity creation. Playing with it now :P
Thanks you, the name is just to take all my mods from the hands, like a big community of L0771's mods :?:
Added for version 0.0.2
vampiricdust wrote:The only really issue is that it cannot be placed on normal rail nor interact with normal rail, but it does block normal railways. To clarify, if you run this cursed track through a normal section of track, it needs signals just like it was normal track & if the cursed train is in the block, no normal trains will cross the signal block, same goes for the cursed train.
hmmm is possible, this train can go over a normal train, but can't crash players, entities, bitters, or something, isn't funny see a underground train without collision, but is possible.
FishSandwich wrote:Brilliant mod! Definitely claiming for a spotlight. :D
Ohh thanks you, tomorrow i'll do other "super-tiny" mod, just pipes and transport belts over water, if you're interested for 2 mods in a same video.

Update, thanks to vampiricdust
v0.0.2

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

L0771 wrote: Thanks you, the name is just to take all my mods from the hands, like a big community of L0771's mods :?:
Added for version 0.0.2
hmmm is possible, this train can go over a normal train, but can't crash players, entities, bitters, or something, isn't funny see a underground train without collision, but is possible.
I tested it for awhile and it would not connect with normal rails. When i did cross over rails, the signals treated it as normal for signal placement. So I couldnt get a normal train and it to ever cross over each other.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

I tried messing around with 'hacking' normal signal pathing behavior.

I managed to find a way that tricks rail signals to not detect an intersection:
  • create an extra rail entity prototype (call it the 'hackrail')
  • Remove the collision box field from the hackrail so it becomes [0,0][0,0]
  • Place two hackrails in the same spot, one connected north-south, the other west-east
When you now place signals, they don't detect a train on the crossing rail. My guess is that the hackrails don't detect one another because of their almost non-existent collision box.

This doesn't really benefit normal trains, because the locomotives will just crash into each other (still funny though). When using it as part of this mod however, with the empty collision masks, it might be possible to get functional collision-less rail crossings.

One annoying detail though, you can't select the hackrails after you placed two of them over eachother, so they are effectively stuck there. It will probably be best to place and remove hackrails through a script.
Attachments
Notice the green signal
Notice the green signal
eureka.jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 54744 times

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Cursed UG - 0.0.3

Post by L0771 »

Updated to factorio 0.12.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Cursed UG - 0.0.3

Post by ssilk »

Moved. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Cursed UG - 1.0.0

Post by L0771 »

Updated to v1.0.0, tested, without problems for all new versions of factorio i think :)
v1.0.0
NOTE: if you have a rail connected like this:
separe this connection before update, they aren't connected, but you can't load this save.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Cursed UG - v1.0.0

Post by hitzu »

I know this would require new code, but wouldn't it be better putting rails on a new underground surface with "portals" between them? What do you think?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Cursed UG - v1.0.0

Post by L0771 »

hitzu wrote:I know this would require new code, but wouldn't it be better putting rails on a new underground surface with "portals" between them? What do you think?
i don't know... maybe... but it's for other mod :d

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

1. Yes, the inserters should still work.
2. The standard and cursed tracks can intermix, as well as the actual trains.

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Cursed UG - v1.0.0

Post by Darkestnoir »

Game not start on 12.13

Arathos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arathos »

is this MOD still updated?
Yesterday I installed the updates of factorio until 0.12.20 now when I run it ... there is a indexing problem with a nil value at line 35 ... :-(
can anyone help?

XxRubyxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxRubyxX »

i have a recommendation for factorio if we are on 0.11.22, we are using this mod and we run into something that would be nice, underground liquid tankers. We transport oil around alot and i thought id recommend this idea for u to add to the newer and possibly this version

LethalWeapon786
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LethalWeapon786 »

Hey, Can someone update this mod, i have been looking for something like this and it wont work with factorio's current version

Kirby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kirby »

[Bug report]

_Cursed-UG_/data.lua:9:
_Cursed-UG_/prototypes/entities/cursed-rail-ug.lua:44:attempt to index feild ´rail´(a nil value)

Factorio 0.12.33

Tried to fix it myself but I just suck at lua. I don´t think it´s worth an update now, I would wait until 0.12.0 (if the error persists) :D

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

Would also love a update for this mod :)

Return to “Mods”