[Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.9.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Wiloxe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.8.0

Post by Wiloxe »

After updating from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0 the game crashes whenever loading an old save game.
However the game won't crash directly but give's me an error that i can share with you.
New worlds will still work tho. An fix would make me happy :)
Btw awesome mod! Keep up the good work!

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Wiloxe wrote:After updating from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0 the game crashes whenever loading an old save game.
However the game won't crash directly but give's me an error that i can share with you.
New worlds will still work tho. An fix would make me happy :)
Btw awesome mod! Keep up the good work!
Thanks. Conditions for this bug should be very specific, I believe. It's kinda hard for me to reproduce. But, I reuploaded fixed version. See if this helps.

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

Hey, I LOVE this mod, but unfortunately I had an error with it - it says "__CyberChest__/script/cyberchest.lua:33: LuaEntity doesn't contain key remove", do you know what might have caused this issue?

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

diddlydum2 wrote:Hey, I LOVE this mod, but unfortunately I had an error with it - it says "__CyberChest__/script/cyberchest.lua:33: LuaEntity doesn't contain key remove", do you know what might have caused this issue?
Unfortunately, I don't know. This part of the mod was like that from the beggining, and I never encountered an error like that. Is the bug persistent or occasional? If it is persistent can you try to isolate problematic chest by removing them one by one?
Edit: After thinking about it, I came to a conclusion that this might happen if there is an item, you trying to produce, that requires more that one stack of some ingredient.. Although this sounds almost impossible, the very bug itself is pretty rare

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

SigmatroN wrote:
diddlydum2 wrote:Hey, I LOVE this mod, but unfortunately I had an error with it - it says "__CyberChest__/script/cyberchest.lua:33: LuaEntity doesn't contain key remove", do you know what might have caused this issue?
Unfortunately, I don't know. This part of the mod was like that from the beggining, and I never encountered an error like that. Is the bug persistent or occasional? If it is persistent can you try to isolate problematic chest by removing them one by one?
Edit: After thinking about it, I came to a conclusion that this might happen if there is an item, you trying to produce, that requires more that one stack of some ingredient.. Although this sounds almost impossible, the very bug itself is pretty rare
Okay, I might have caused it by slightly abusing the mod. :oops: The cyberfusion upgrades basically work as having extra speed modules for free, so I wanted to get a superfast assembler. However, when I paired it with dytech's level 5 assembler, it was making circuits so quick that the cyberchest couldn't keep up. To fix this, I just put down the cyberchest beside the assembler, set it to make green circuits, and then ignored it and used very fast inserters to move things in and out of the assembler. I tried to use the same method for red circuits and it broke whenever the copper cables in it filled up.

The cyberchest was full of wire at the time, if that helps

Also, I'm in the middle of my exams right now, so I've not really got so much time for factorio, but I will try and give you more information if you need it.

Edit: After looking at someone else's post I think I figured out images.
Image 1
Image 2

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

diddlydum2 wrote:
SigmatroN wrote:
Okay, I might have caused it by slightly abusing the mod. :oops: The cyberfusion upgrades basically work as having extra speed modules for free, so I wanted to get a superfast assembler. However, when I paired it with dytech's level 5 assembler, it was making circuits so quick that the cyberchest couldn't keep up. To fix this, I just put down the cyberchest beside the assembler, set it to make green circuits, and then ignored it and used very fast inserters to move things in and out of the assembler. I tried to use the same method for red circuits and it broke whenever the copper cables in it filled up.

The cyberchest was full of wire at the time, if that helps

Also, I'm in the middle of my exams right now, so I've not really got so much time for factorio, but I will try and give you more information if you need it.

Edit: After looking at someone else's post I think I figured out images.
Image 1
Image 2
Looks like, Somebody up there likes you. :D When you posted your first post, I was in the middle of solving that "keep up" problem of your's. Just use new tech and you should be good.

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

SigmatroN wrote:
Looks like, Somebody up there likes you. :D When you posted your first post, I was in the middle of solving that "keep up" problem of your's. Just use new tech and you should be good.
Thanks! Just use version 0.90?

In the end, I realized that I can press escape instead of OK, which gets rid of the error message without quitting to the main menu. It doesn't seem to have any ill-effects ... yet. ;)

mfazza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.9.0

Post by mfazza »

Hi everyone...

I just used your mod for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately I got an error, every time, when I attach a yellow assembly (mk II?) to the cyberchest. So I decided to analyse this and mentioned, that i use the 0.7.0-Version (in Shadow Mega Mod Pack) and just updated it to 0.9.0. Unfortunately, I now get the attached error, just a few seconds after reloading my savegame. Do you have an idea, what's the problem? Do you need some more informations?
Attachments
CyberChest.png
CyberChest.png (112.34 KiB) Viewed 7668 times

GyroByte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GyroByte »

0.12 please :D

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

Is there any way to increase the logistics box limit?

I'm trying to make DyTeck Sci 3 in one machine but there isn't enough requester slots to add the large ingredient base.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

i i....i cant resist i need to trye it out, but no 0.12.0 release :O!
I must....Update it :twisted: !
I'm so sorry....I just couldn't resist :cry:
----Download may soon be here----(its very broken atm...)
Update 2
Well it can change what it wants the adjacent assembler to do....But it doesnt transfer items between them....
at the very least Its not crashing the game at anymore :lol:
Update 3
Its working :D!
Wohoo im the only person with functional multiassemplers in Factorio 0.12 8-) !
Ok...Im not going to be keeping it for myself when considering i spent 1.5 hours fixing this mod ;)!
So here is the download...Enjoy!
Attachments
CyberChest_0.9.1.zip
Cyberchest for Factorio 0.12!
(156.97 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

mfazza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mfazza »

I solved my problem (4 posts above) with removing all CyberChests before I upgraded the CyberChest-Mod. Now it works.

But I don't understand the advantage of the requester-functionality... I use one of the cyberchests for green science packs and i want to have them in a red chest. But now my robots will always fly them back in the cyberchest while the smart inserter will take em out again and again and again (instead of bringing them to the blue requester chests in front of my science labs). Where's my fault?

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Oops! Sorry guys, haven't played factorio in a while. Nice job, doing that 0.12 port. I'll check it out and put you into the acknowledgements. :D
But I don't understand the advantage of the requester-functionality... I use one of the cyberchests for green science packs and i want to have them in a red chest. But now my robots will always fly them back in the cyberchest while the smart inserter will take em out again and again and again (instead of bringing them to the blue requester chests in front of my science labs). Where's my fault?
If you don't want robots to haul produced items into the chest, try to set bar on their slots (as far as i remember). Or look at update 8.0, 9.0 spoilers in the original post for solution.
Please proceed into the new topic: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=14091

slothman320
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slothman320 »

This really needs updated

Killerwowlf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killerwowlf »

did you upgrade CyberChest to v0.12.xx ?

Killerwowlf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killerwowlf »

it does not work.

it opens a window and stands there

__CyberChest __ / Control.lua : 2 :
__CyberChest __ / Script / cyberchest.lua : 4 :
attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

pls help ^^

sasaa_86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sasaa_86 »

Killerwowlf wrote:it does not work.

pls help ^^

the problem is in this line:

surface = game.surfaces['nauvis']
tried in 0.12.33
anybody know a fix?

greets SaSaa

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Whether there is a mod performing the same functions but for version 0.14 ?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

sasaa_86 wrote:
Killerwowlf wrote:it does not work.

pls help ^^

the problem is in this line:

surface = game.surfaces['nauvis']
tried in 0.12.33
anybody know a fix?

greets SaSaa
The problem i believe is due to it accessing game. whilst loading the game. Something that was a bad thing to do so the devs stopped it from being possible. The fix is to simply set the surface whilst the game is running. As in when a cyberchest is placed.

Basically fix the file: cyberchest.lua and pass the surface to each function that uses it.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Return to “Mods”