MOD[0.11.X]- Epic Pace: Marathon Balance+ bigger furnaces

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

MOD[0.11.X]- Epic Pace: Marathon Balance+ bigger furnaces

Post by Syriusz »

Hello!
I created mod that changes balances of game like Marathon, but I also introduce new furnaces and assemblers- they are bigger, better and require a lot of resources. It needs balance and I have more ideas to improve but for now, it is playable.
Furnaces and assemblers
Other balance changes
Important! You have to unzip mod before use- don't know why, but its compressed as it should but it gives some strange bugs...
Tell me how you feel about it- if its too complicated, or new furnaces are OP or too expensive- I need to know. (but it is intended to be hard)
I used marathon recipe configuration (changed it little) i hope it's OK for now, and I will make my own latter.
Attachments
EP_0.0.1.zip
Remember to unzip it!
(15.47 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD[0.11.X]- Epic Pace: Marathon Balance+ bigger furnaces

Post by Degraine »

If you're having issues with the zipped version of your mod, make sure the compression method is Deflate, rather than Deflate64, LZMA, Bzip2 or whatever else (I'm just pulling from the 7zip list here).

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

Degraine wrote:If you're having issues with the zipped version of your mod, make sure the compression method is Deflate, rather than Deflate64, LZMA, Bzip2 or whatever else (I'm just pulling from the 7zip list here).
I did it with 7-zip set to deflate (when used deflate64 there was different error), even without compression.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

So I made pneumatic assembly machine. It does not work as I wanted, I cannot force them to use liquid fuel (compressed air), so now it uses recipes with compressed air but also need 1 piece of fuel (it has 0.000000001W so it will last long), its annoying, but I cannot think about better solution.
I had this thought a while ago about steam powered machines...

Here how I was going to implements it:

--Place down assembly machine that requires electricity
--Spawn an electric pole on its position
--Spawn a custom steam engine on its position with the pipe inputs

Then what you do, have the pipe input to the custom steam engine produce the power to run the assembly machine
This has 2 drawbacks:

-- the assembly machine can run off the power grid (doesn't require the steam input)
-- The steam power can power other things in the factory

Also since you will still need inserters (which need power) you will need electric poles nearby, unless you also power them with the steam/air fluid power

Return to “Mods”