SE Mod - got space capsule - can't build cargo rocket sections without having gone to space first?

Topics and discussion about specific mods
beltscientist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

SE Mod - got space capsule - can't build cargo rocket sections without having gone to space first?

Post by beltscientist »

Hi Everyone,

Factorio is great - and Space exploration is a wonderful expansion. I'm on my first play-through of the latest version of the mod.

I have launched several satellites and am trying to get to Nauvis orbit for the first time.

My Space Capsule stand-alone doesn't have an option for me to select Nauvis Orbit - saying I need to research navigation (which can only be researched in space?)

To build rocket sections - I need components that can only be built in a machine that can only be built in space?

I'm feeling deadlocked.

My question is - what is the machine(s) I use to build rocket sections on Nauvis when I haven't been to space yet?

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: SE Mod - got space capsule - can't build cargo rocket sections without having gone to space first?

Post by Stringweasel »

You should be able to build rocket sections on Nauvis with regular Nauvis materials and machines. You cannot fly to orbit with a Capsule yet, using a Cargo Rocket is the intended way.
beltscientist wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:17 pm
To build rocket sections - I need components that can only be built in a machine that can only be built in space?
What components? What machines?

You should be able to build it (depending on your mods) using:
  • Heat Shielding
  • Low Density Structure
  • Rocket Control Unit
  • Cargo Rocket Pod
  • Cargo Rocket Fuel Tank
all of which you you can access on Nauvis.
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: SE Mod - got space capsule - can't build cargo rocket sections without having gone to space first?

Post by NineNine »

Yup, build those rocket sections in a regular ol' Assembling Machine on Nauvis.

And yup, you're not flying anywhere in a capsule just yet. You can hitch a ride on that first cargo rocket flight, though!

Return to “Mods”