[1.1] Ultracube: Age of Cube

Topics and discussion about specific mods
grandseiken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1] Ultracube: Age of Cube

Post by grandseiken »

I released a new overhaul mod today. I won't copy-paste all the details in here (you can see them on the mod portal or github), but if you thought there wasn't enough reason to use combinators in vanilla this might be the mod for you.

Please let me know if you run into issues or have any feedback!

Edit: since it was requested I created a discord also.
Last edited by grandseiken on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1] Ultracube: Age of Cube

Post by Qon »

Sounds like a cool idea. I usually don't play overhaul mods, because I play with circuits and trying to figure out my self building factory.
But this is a very different take. The menu simulation video was neat as well. So I might try it out.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

Awesome mod, but you really, really, really should understand circuit network and I would recommend using the optional mods like Inventory Sensor, Stack Combinator, Circuit HUD v2, Puch Button and Nixie tubes just to have some help.

Getting the cube to where it should be and keeping power up is a fun challenge - and think there are many ways to do this. Getting more power (nuclear) frees up the cube more for railway builds where cube is sent of to work. Kind of a logistical challenge on top of build and designing factories.
Recommend not building everything you unlock unless it's needed. Some recipe upgrades I would consider late game stuff so think about pro/con vs output and power use (important)...

And start with very few trees or you will struggle... I have tons of trees with no grenades to remove them with - spending way to much time on tree removal.
Please give me tree removal tools (car does not really work and robots are to slow with my tiny inventory, especially at start..)!

This overhaul mod hides your research tree and unlocks portions as you progress - not yet sure if this is genius or pure evil? Often you find that stuff you just built are in the wrong place, to small or no longer needed due to new stuff. Tip is to leave some room, always think about how the cube moves, and have fun!

Just completed fully automated cubit processing for Quantum calibration data cards - and phuuu... pure evil.. and spent an awful amount on time on Circuit logic for memory cells and resets to get it running fully automatic. Do not think you can play this mod without knowing combinator logic or at least willing to learn. I finally got it running - not pretty and sure many would laugh at my logic - but it works :) Thanks for this mod overhaul (I think?) !
M :geek:

Frantic Ferret
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Frantic Ferret »

The one thing I would like for UltraCube, is a 'cube uptime' tracker. How good/bad is my current layout? is it worth tearing down as my cube spends too much time traveling or is it not actually that bad?

Right now my downtime seems to be more because of inserters than travel time, but when loaders come in, that's liable to change.

So far I'm loving it but I'm just at the 2nd science, I'm sure I'm going to be pulling my hair out later.

Return to “Mods”