[MOD 1.1] Pacifist

Topics and discussion about specific mods
derpumu
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 1.1] Pacifist

Post by derpumu »

Pacifist is a mod that not only disables biters (even kills them when you load it in an existing save) but also removes many military technologies.

Why? Well, I like to play without biters, e.g. when I try out a mod pack that's new to me or want to try some special challenge without setting up a perimeter and maintaining it all the time. But without biters, technologies like better ammo, faster shooting, stronger shooting, more lasers, nukes, more follower bots, and whatnot are just useless. Just leave it, you say? I don't like unresearched stuff in my tech tree. So here's what Pacifist does:

- Completely removes all guns, ammo, grenades, follower robots, and active defenses, including their recipes and tech.
- The tech tree is adapted so that things that previously depended on military tech (e.g. military 1-4) now depend on the prerequisites of that tech.
- Optionally removes energy shield equipment and walls & gates as well.
- Leaves vehicles and armor, so we still can equip roboports and exoskeletons.
- Removes military science (including its requirement for things like Spidertron tech), or optionally replaces it with "equipment science" - a rebranded grey science pack with different ingredients.

I am currently checking the compatibility with popular other mods and fixing things that pop up - e.g. a grappling gun mod is not of much use when Pacifist removes _all_ of the guns, so there need to be exceptions. Other mods rely on their special new turrets to be present at game start, so I'll have to deal with that as well. All that is still a work in progress, and after that more challenging things are to be fixed, e.g. making it possible to play mod packs like Krastorio2 and Angel's which overhaul military science packs completely.

Let me know what you think, and especially which mods you suspect may need a closer look at regarding compatibility.

Return to “Mods”