Topics and discussion about specific mods
nyctodarkmatter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.1.0] RampantArsenal Misc Poison Fixes

Post by nyctodarkmatter »

[*] Name: RampantArsenal Misc Poison Fixes
[*] Factorio-Version: 1.1+
[*] Description: An addon mod for RampantArsenal that makes turrets, walls, and construction robots immune to poison damage. Intended for use with Dectorio and AAI Industry, but does not require them.
[*] License: MIT
[*] Release: 07-14-2023
[*] Website: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RampantAr ... ison-fixes
[*] Category: Tweaks
[*] Author: NyctoDarkMatter
[*] Credits: In description below

-------------------------------------------

Hey! I had a small gripe with RampantArsenal, so I coded a simple addon mod for RampantArsenal that prevents poison damage from damaging a variety of structures and units, including turrets, walls, and construction robots. It has intended compatibility with Dectorio and AAI Industry, but only requires RampantArsenal to function.

I made this mod for two reasons:
1. To help construction robots not absolutely murder themselves by flying into poison, similar to fire, and
2. Because if biter bases are immune to poison damage by default, then it makes sense that other inanimate objects, such as walls and turrets, would also be immune to poison.

Thanks to @wretlaw120 for help fixing my awful code, and @theRustyKnife for providing a template with his Fireproof Bots mod, one I highly recommend!

Note: While this makes bio rockets a bit more safe to use near walls, they do still have a flat amount of explosion damage that will apply to walls. This is intentional and will not be changed with this mod. Use your rockets responsibly.
In the future, I may update it so that the mod no longer affects wood walls from Dectorio and Rampant's Mending walls due to them being made from organic materials, and I may add additional structures or compatibility fixes.

Return to “Mods”