[Modpack1.1] NACH0's Modpack (SE, K2, 5dim, BZ + more!)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NACH0CHEE5E
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Modpack1.1] NACH0's Modpack (SE, K2, 5dim, BZ + more!)

Post by NACH0CHEE5E »

NACH0's Very Modded Modpack
This is currently an experimental modpack, I am going to be working on it to make it more balanced and just overall better designed. It is currently in a *playable* state meaning the game will load and you can play it but you might get stuck behind unsearchable recipes or impossible to craft items. This is too be expected with how many mods there are, if you do have any problems let me know in the discussions and I will fix them.

Currently i am trying to clean up the game this involves cleaning up the recipe ui and condensing the duplicate machines (like the 2 blast furnaces) if you have any suggestions on the best way to organise things let me know.

What is the mod list?
Below I've listed the main big mods that either one of the corner stones of the modpack or add a relatively large amount of content/changes to the game, if you want to see a full mod list it is available at the bottom of the page.
Things to note:
Gameplay
This modpack is gonna be torture not only are the production chains complex, there is a ridiculous amount of different items. Biters are probably also going to be an issue. I have not been able to play a proper game of it yet as I've been making changes to things which requires a game restart and it takes a while for it to restart.
Tips
I don't have any yet.

Mod forks
I am using some forks of mods as either they work generally better in general or for what I want. The 2 I can remember for this is notnotmelon's fork of Factorissimo 2 and Dimm2101's Rampant Fork.
A note on bobs mods is that I am using a Bob's Electronics fork which is made to work with Krastorio 2.

What are the current known issues?
  • Technology tree is all sorts of wack, need to gameplay test to find issues though.
  • A few duplicate/redundant items and recipes will be changing them as they are found.
  • Recipe clutter, will be reducing this by disabling recipe if redundant or locking behind technologies as they are actually needed/can even be crafted.
  • Recipe categories, due to 5dims and other mods adding their own categories to the game this results in really annoying to navigate menus, this will be cleaned up once the start game issues have been fixed.
What else is there todo?
  • Fix the current known issues.
  • Make sure the every technology is researchable.
  • Finish the modpack's settings mod (which includes adding the map and player settings) as well as fixing the setting to turn the force and hide off.
  • Condense the duplicate technologies and buildings (i.e. space exploration and 5dims industrial furnace)
  • Restructure the technology tree so it is streamlined a bit more, this means to make sure that every tier of belt for example is an upgrade and a typical progression, mainly to clean up loose ends on the tech tree.
  • Try and incorporate some of the resources that are not utilized like zinc into production chains.
Going forward
I want to add a few more of the relatively big name mods to the pack just because its funny, ones I currently have in mind are:
  • The Factorio Extended mods and their plus version (I have not played with these myself that much/at all)
  • Pyanadon's mods (this one might not be possible just due to conflicts)
  • Natural evolution
  • Schall
  • Rest of angels
  • Rest of bobs
  • Tiberian
With adding big mods like these a lot of them have hard conflicts which will not allow other mods to load. I will add as all the ones I can which do not have this issues but there are mods I would love to add especially angels refining and smelting but space exploration does not like these so the only way todo that would be to fork them which I am fine doing just takes a bit more time and I would need to ask/would want to ask for permission.

Return to “Mods”