[0.11.X] Strike's Config Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.X] Strike's Config Mod

Post by ZTStrike »

Hi guys, as you can see I go by ZTStrike. I am a pretty active gamer and modder, and I have come to share my own personal mod with you. Almost every game I play, I will put a decent amount of hours into, and then mod the things I don't like.
Factorio is a great game, but like all games I have a few problems with it. This is my way of fixing it...

So what does this mod do? Well unfortunately it does a good deal of changes, current details (right click to reveal):
-Removed Alien Artifacts drops
-All liquid piping hold 10x the standard
-Small Electric pole now has a supply range of 3 (7x7) and a wiring distance of 10
-Assembly machine crafting speed now 2
-All physical projectiles do 5x damage
-Lasers do 2x damage
-Crude Oil Wells no longer infinite
-Armor durability and resistances reworked (about 11% more effective overall)
-Piercing bullets now at 1 crafting time and cost 1 copper-plate and 1 steel-plate
-Rockets now at 2 crafting time and cost 1 electronic-circuit, 1 explosives, and 1 steel plate
-Explosive Rockets now at 3 crafting time and cost 1 rocket and 1 explosive
-Shotgun Shells now at 1 crafting time and cost 1 copper-plate and 1 iron-plate 1
-Piercing Shotgun Shells now at 2 crafting time and cost 1 copper-plate and 1 steel plate
-Cannon Shell now at 5 crafting time and cost 1 steel plate, 1 plastic bar, and 1 explosive
-Poison Capsule now at 1 crafting time and cost 1 flying robot frame and 1 sulfur
-Slowdown Capsule now at now at 1 crafting time and cost 1 flying robot frame and 1 processing unit
-Grenades now at 1 crafting time and cost 1 iron plate and 1 coal
-Defender Capsule now at 1 crafting time and costs 1 flying robot frame and 1 piercing bullet magazine.
-Distractor Capsule now at 1 crafting time and costs 1 flying robot frame and 1 advanced circuit.
-Destroyer Capsule now at 1 crafting time and costs 1 flying robot frame and 1 laser turret.
-Discharge Defense Remote now at .5 crafting time and cost 1 electric circuit.
-Copper Plate now at 3 crafting time.
-Iron Plate now at 3 crafting time.
-Stone Plate at 3 crafting time.
-Wooden Chests now at 1 crafting time and cost 6 wood.
-Iron Axe now costs 2 Iron Stick and 1 Iron Plate.
-Stone Furnace now at 4 crafting time and costs 24 stone bricks.
-Boilers now at 1 crafting time and cost 6 stone bricks and 1 pipe.
-Steam Engine now at 12 crafting time and costs 20 gears, 6 pipes, and 32 iron plates.
- MORE TO COME SOON

- Removed Alien Artifacts drops.

-Now in proper mod format, simply drag and drop to install.
-Railgun now in game!

-Offshore pump now pumps at speed 10
-Bullet Turret range upgraded to 20
-Weapon Damage and Speed Upgrades removed
-Tech Tree Reworked, All techs now have a scale with 60 second research times. Some techs changed to make a more stable tech tree.
-Rail Tanker Mod Integrated into mod.
-Bitter Swarms should be far larger!
0.3 now released! Give it a few hours and let me know what you think.
Attachments
Factorio, Strike 0.3.zip
(10.25 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
Last edited by ZTStrike on Sun May 17, 2015 5:04 am, edited 20 times in total.

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Strike's Config Mod (Beta)

Post by ZTStrike »

Details and Game updated to 1.1.
Change notes: Removed Alien Artifacts drops.

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Strike's Config Mod

Post by ZTStrike »

101 views and 4 downloads currently, but no replies. Anyone want to tell me why there is a lack of interest? I noticed the community is a bit more lively than this....

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Your mod basically changes the balance of the game ... I think you should give the opportunity to people to try it long enough, like in a full playthrough (which typically takes in the tens of hours), to make themselves an opinion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZTStrike »

Fair enough. I was wondering why there was no replies to the ideas presented. However, in retrospect waiting till you know what you are fully dealing with is a intelligent deal.

callmewoof
Inserter
Inserter

Post by callmewoof »

Nothing personal, this does look somewhat interesting, but I don't really like it when mods "do a bunch of stuff but I can't list it". That means I either don't notice what changed, I have to guess/work to figure it out, or I have to go dig through the lua files to find it. Again, nothing against your mod (I haven't tried it yet). If it gets a bit more "why I should use it" (aka documentation or notes or something) I'd give it a go. :-)

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZTStrike »

I understand that complaint, I have thought about putting a full changes list up there, but some people get turned off by lists. I also need to remember, search and list all the changes, which as you know takes a good amount of time.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

For the long list, may I suggest you do a TL;DR list of changes (similar to what you have already done in your initial post), and an exhaustive list in "named spoiler" format (the 'spoiler=' button), so that people who are interested bu looooong lists have the chance to see them all ?

[Edit] : I would add (but it's a personal opinion) that many people I see in this forum give the feeling they find "vanilla too easy, want to make things more challenging". As your mod seems intended to make combat easier, your target audience may be somehow narrower you'd have expected.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

Oh, well, since you want an opinion... i can reply to your topic of course. Share my thoughts, why not.

A mod like that does some changes i'm not aware of, so i'm not gonna download and figure out all the changes while playing, because i'm not sure i'm gonna like it, probably not. You said that you changed a lot of recipes, but i like vanilla game recipes, i find them reasonable. And i don't see the point of making any changes (Factotio is a pretty cool game). So that's off-putting.

(Unless you present specific details of maybe a few kinds of changes you've made which can prove your ideas to be good and worthy of checking out. you can't just say "i change recipes, i give no pictures and no explanation, everybody just have to believe i'm smart and my decisions are good")

Making combat easier is just something i can't understand, if anything - combat should be harder. Fighting natives in vanilla game is way way too easy. Why make it even easier? I don't get it. (maybe there's a point if you play on super-high biter settings, but i don't)

But you are free to mod the game the way you like. If you don't want more and more downloads that is. To make people download your mod you're gonna have to make something a lot of people like.

Removing alien science packs is questionable too. I don't know why to do that.

Resolution: out of 3 changes you've mentioned i can understand that you like a different game from what i usually play. So i'm gonna let you play what you like and not gonna bother with downloading this mod. But thanks for the effort anyways. The more topics like that one exist - the more chances i get to eventually find something i like.

neothehitman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neothehitman »

so when do i get my working plane mod strike :p hahaha nice job here man maybe i will take a looksy ;)

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZTStrike »

XyLe wrote:Removing alien science packs is questionable too. I don't know why to do that.
Alien Science Packs have not been removed from the game, they are made with a few items (Fast-inserters, processing-unit. flying robot frame)
Alien Artifacts have been moved.
neothehitman wrote:so when do i get my working plane mod strike :p hahaha nice job here man maybe i will take a looksy ;)
I don't believe the plane is functional, but I have added the railgun for patch 1.2 :)

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.X] Strike's Config Mod

Post by ZTStrike »

0.2 now out! Changes:
-Now in proper mod format, simply drag and drop to install.
-Railgun now in game!
-Mod has been reformed into BETA state, this release will be 0.2 instead of 1.2

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZTStrike »

Got a few more details for you guys, unfortunately I have been very busy with real life. Hope to bring you 0.3 soon.

ZTStrike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZTStrike »

0.3 now released. Give it a try and let me know what you all think.
Changes:
-Offshore pump now pumps at speed 10
-Bullet Turret range upgraded to 20
-Weapon Damage and Speed Upgrades removed
-Tech Tree Reworked, All techs now have a scale with 60 second research times. Some techs changed to make a more stable tech tree.
-Rail Tanker Mod Integrated into mod.
-Bitter Swarms should be far larger!

Return to “Mods”