[MOD 0.12.30+] VanillaΣx (Vehicles, Defense, Energy & More!)

Topics and discussion about specific mods

What should I add next? (After 0.1.0)

More Aliens (Exploding, Ramming, Flying)
8%
More Turrets (Artillery, Mobile, AA)
16%
Space Expansion, Satellites
17%
Water Expansion, Automatic Cargo boats, Offshore Platforms, Water Aliens
25%
Food, Biofuel, Advanced Chemistry, etc.
8%
Weather, Environment, Seasons
9%
Allied AIs, AI Humans, Animals
15%

Total votes: 118

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30+] VanillaΣx (Vehicles, Defense, Energy & More!)

Post by sporefreak »

zakman wrote:Hi all,

This may be a question for the general mod forum, but figured I'd try here first.

I just installed this mod, and am enjoying the new technologies and buildings. However, I've noticed it's not possible to do a quick-replace of the basic solar panels with the new ones (like you can do with belts, splitters, and several other things.)

Am I missing something, or is that just not an option in this mod? Is it possible to mod the mod to be able to do this, and if so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks!
I believe its possible, just like inserters they need to be tagged as replacing lower tier solar panels. i prefer them nonreplaceable but thats just me (#ConfigAllTheMods2016)

bloc97
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bloc97 »

zakman wrote:Hi all,
This may be a question for the general mod forum, but figured I'd try here first.
I just installed this mod, and am enjoying the new technologies and buildings. However, I've noticed it's not possible to do a quick-replace of the basic solar panels with the new ones (like you can do with belts, splitters, and several other things.)
Am I missing something, or is that just not an option in this mod? Is it possible to mod the mod to be able to do this, and if so, how would I go about doing it?
Thanks!
I will look into that issue. I think that since there were originally only one type of solar panel, that entity type is set as not replaceable in the game engine. I will see if it is possible to change it, but it would require modifying the original entities, which I am not really fond of.

Furthermore, I made progress in creating an "fake" Factorio API for this mod, which lets me run this mod's control code within the IDE itself, instead of having to open the game each time. I was mainly focusing on streamlining again, since the earlier I do this, the less buggy the mod will be when it becomes huge.
This will also make my work faster, and 0.0.9 is near.

If you guys want to test out the tidal generators and fake API, you can use the nightly build in GitHub. However it is currently very buggy.

As a side note, I will also try my best to update this mod to make it compatible with the upcoming Factorio 0.13. Since the new API seems to have good backwards compatibility, It might be very easy. It also has many new features, which might be useful for this mod.
Image-Vehicles, Defense, Energy & More!
Image-Keep inventory on death!

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

So, when do you expect to update to 0.13?

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

does anybody know another place to contact OP? This has some good content, the walls most desirably

Return to “Mods”