Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
azulusthra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.2.6

Post by azulusthra »

Oops ! sorry i just wanted to remove the regression system from the turret and drills.
Dont want to be that selfish to request the whole mod to change just cause of it :D :D :D :D

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

azulusthra wrote:Oops ! sorry i just wanted to remove the regression system from the turret and drills.
Dont want to be that selfish to request the whole mod to change just cause of it :D :D :D :D
ok, np, maybe is a good idea, if can "reset" a entity to lvl 1, i don't know why, but is a good idea for a button :lol:

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

so what happening if i havn't Oxygen mod, when click on its button? i've error :(

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:so what happening if i havn't Oxygen mod, when click on its button? i've error :(
You have the version 0.2.5 :D

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

nope.
i download 0.2.6.
may be it not compactable with ShadowsModpack?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

But the problem is, why line 120 of ontick, is
local maxhealth = glob.cursed[v.name].aux.maxhealth
?
v.name can't be nil, is the name of player, glob.cursed[v.name].aux.maxhealth can't be nil ¬¬
Maybe i have a change on my version.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Maybe another case of user not setting player's name?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:Maybe another case of user not setting player's name?
Without player's name, have this "problem"
error("Use a nick in Options > Others, now crash")
And the problem happen when he clicks the gui (without player name have a error in the first lines of starting gui, is very complex, but all buttons are sensed, and can know what button is pressed, with player name :p)

tehlel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tehlel »

Hello,when i start a save my game crashes :cry:

I am on factorio version 0.11.21 and I set my player name.It says
"Error while running the event handler __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/ontink.lua:120:attempt to in dex field "?" (a nil value)"

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

tehlel wrote:Hello,when i start a save my game crashes :cry:

I am on factorio version 0.11.21 and I set my player name.It says
"Error while running the event handler __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/ontink.lua:120:attempt to in dex field "?" (a nil value)"
Please, use this version
v0.2.6.1

Changelog:
debug from version 0.2.6

And please, tell me if work, or just paste the error.

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

Image not an error. but anyway
downloaded 0.2.6.1 of course

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I'm sorry, can't have x.x.x.x, reuploaded, just version changed.
v0.2.7

I'm working on version 0.3 :d

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.2.7

Post by flexoleonhart »

Wonderful! Can i ask what is new planned?)

p.s. I already offered to remove mines and turrets levels depend on talent. That's not what you want to see in your mod?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

If have this problem:
tehlel wrote:I am on factorio version 0.11.21 and I set my player name.It says
flexoleonhart wrote:Image
some time later after clicking Oxygen button
... I'm thinking... With v0.2.7, just change line 26 from control.lua for this:

Code: Select all

["currentVersion"] = 112,
load the game, save again (in another file if you want, isn't important) and change again for this:

Code: Select all

["currentVersion"] = 206,
Or wait for version 0.3, i think maybe this is the problem :p

flexoleonhart wrote:Wonderful! Can i ask what is new planned?)
This for now
flexoleonhart wrote:p.s. I already offered to remove mines and turrets levels depend on talent. That's not what you want to see in your mod?
Ok, without limit from "xx Upgrade" but less exp in the low levels? Is very easy only without the requirement, but with less exp is balanced i think.

EDIT: With this 2 entities i'm finishing this mod, after that, i'll add:
- classes (jobs like builder, explorer, etc), i'll make a mod to make a compatibility with all mods what want the same.
- Explort/Import data
- I'm starting to make my own graphics, with youki's guides (with SC2 graphics, i'm sure the new version of hardcorio will have this graphics too ¬¬)
After this is only optimization and maybe i'll separate in modules, but i don't know, is working fine, have 620 lines in ontick function and use less resources than all big mods.

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

I look forward to it.
Ok, without limit from "xx Upgrade" but less exp in the low levels? Is very easy only without the requirement, but with less exp is balanced i think.
yes. I offer to remove limit levels but an experience that they will receive at late levels will greatly depend on the skill Mining. Same for fishers (skill Farming may be?). Same for turrets and walls (keep them same talents).

1: Another idea for mine talents. If I buy the talent (it can be change to Tier 4 to complicate the task) I get (for example) an egg (CURSED EGG - of course :mrgreen: ). that is until the level of the mine gives a bonus to the experience of this mine. Egg - modul (can be stacked). Every mine have this slots. Why not use it? if possible of course... So hard to present my ideas in a foreign language.
2: Turrets. Turrets and mines so different. And they cannot simple "unleveled by talents". May be add some new skill - aka "Structures" with 2 or more sub skills: "efficiency", "durability". Durability get exp frop damage taken, efficiency from mined resources or damage dealt (depend on building type).
3: i think ...

p.s. damage of bow with Hardcorio (at easy difficult) is too low. At 4 minute of starting game i've been atacked by 2 zerlings with 50 hp each (bow 7 dmg in 2-3sec, zerlings i think 1 dmg in 0.3-0.5sec). At 8 minute i atacked by 4-6 zerlings... simple guns more efficient

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:yes. I offer to remove limit levels but an experience that they will receive at late levels will greatly depend on the skill Mining. Same for fishers (skill Farming may be?). Same for turrets and walls (keep them same talents).
That is added from version 0.2.0, i don't show, but is tested.
Drills : exp * (1 + mining level * a + Upgrade drill level * b)
Turrets: exp * (1 + bow level * a + Upgrade turret level * b)
Walls: exp * (1 + defense level * a + Upgrade walls level * b) (i'm not sure)
Fisher: exp * (1 + exploration level * a + Upgrade fisher level * b)
But the limit for talents will be deleted, the limit is 100 (i have 100 entities, every level is deleted and created again the building, i can have more, but can't be unlimited)
flexoleonhart wrote:1: Another idea for mine talents. If I buy the talent (it can be change to Tier 4 to complicate the task) I get (for example) an egg (CURSED EGG - of course :mrgreen: ). that is until the level of the mine gives a bonus to the experience of this mine. Egg - modul (can be stacked). Every mine have this slots. Why not use it? if possible of course...
hmmm you talking about a module, this module can be bought with talents, and this module gives more exp for that mine?
I think modules can't be stacked in mining drills.
And what about a egg to mine talents? I can add some like 10 modules for all levels, but i don't like that, maybe can buy this eggs from builds > mines gui panel.
flexoleonhart wrote:So hard to present my ideas in a foreign language.
NP, talk to me in spanish (?
flexoleonhart wrote:2: Turrets. Turrets and mines so different. And they cannot simple "unleveled by talents". May be add some new skill - aka "Structures" with 2 or more sub skills: "efficiency", "durability". Durability get exp frop damage taken, efficiency from mined resources or damage dealt (depend on building type).
I can't add modules for turrets, maybe a chest upper the turret, but for mines maybe i do for 0.3
flexoleonhart wrote:p.s. damage of bow with Hardcorio (at easy difficult) is too low. At 4 minute of starting game i've been atacked by 2 zerlings with 50 hp each (bow 7 dmg in 2-3sec, zerlings i think 1 dmg in 0.3-0.5sec). At 8 minute i atacked by 4-6 zerlings... simple guns more efficient
Ok, i've never use hardcorio, i don't like, but i think must have a compatibility patch, basically, the bow lvl 2 must kill 1 zerling with 2 shoots, (lvl 1 with 3 shoots), and with experience, can kill every bitter with 1 hit and can hit every... 0.5 sec? ok, i'll make a compatibility script.

EDIT: Yesterday i've started with classes, works fine, i think today i'll finish with that, is only a bonus of exp in the class who the player choose (miner have bonus x2 in mining and x1 in all others), some ideas about that?

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

Ok, i've never use hardcorio, i don't like, but i think must have a compatibility patch, basically, the bow lvl 2 must kill 1 zerling with 2 shoots, (lvl 1 with 3 shoots), and with experience, can kill every bitter with 1 hit and can hit every... 0.5 sec? ok, i'll make a compatibility script.
yesterday i shot one zerling about 4-5 times (they have hp regen) During this time he lowered my to 50-60%...
I know hardcorio mod not for everyone.
Yesterday i've started with classes, works fine, i think today i'll finish with that, is only a bonus of exp in the class who the player choose (miner have bonus x2 in mining and x1 in all others), some ideas about that?

Tell more about classes. It will be possible to select only one time per game? Classes planned like Hunter, Builder, Miner? And each have own bonuses (mb some special weapons or tool when choosed one?)? Until we have skills i think this classes not useful. Istead want to see more features, bulding or possibilites. (but if you offer an interesting bonuses or features with classes or features. I want it too)
Some ideas:
- Cursed Smoke - add some effects in the area (good or bad. root enemies. or may be cursed trees emit it. or repair all building in area, a little but still good.). Or it may be like Pollution in Native game. mb some generators this smoke?
- We have upgradable armor. Why not add some Blood Shields or Generators "something" which can be inserted to armors. There is a lot mods with armors and upgrades to it. I konw. But this will be Cursed things only your mod what added it.
- Some king of pets O_o? Or rats? Not necessarily like enemi. Neutral? Mb they steal something or bite or protect? ()

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:
L0771 wrote:Yesterday i've started with classes, works fine, i think today i'll finish with that, is only a bonus of exp in the class who the player choose (miner have bonus x2 in mining and x1 in all others), some ideas about that?

Tell more about classes. It will be possible to select only one time per game? Classes planned like Hunter, Builder, Miner? And each have own bonuses (mb some special weapons or tool when choosed one?)? Until we have skills i think this classes not useful. Istead want to see more features, bulding or possibilites. (but if you offer an interesting bonuses or features with classes or features. I want it too)
Some ideas:
- Cursed Smoke - add some effects in the area (good or bad. root enemies. or may be cursed trees emit it. or repair all building in area, a little but still good.). Or it may be like Pollution in Native game. mb some generators this smoke?
- We have upgradable armor. Why not add some Blood Shields or Generators "something" which can be inserted to armors. There is a lot mods with armors and upgrades to it. I konw. But this will be Cursed things only your mod what added it.
- Some king of pets O_o? Or rats? Not necessarily like enemi. Neutral? Mb they steal something or bite or protect? ()
Technically, is other mod, is standalone, a mod for modders.
I don't finished, maybe for the lastweek, basically, the mod only save a lot of variables, Every mod can add a los of classes, every class have a base class (with default values, basically, 1 mod have 1 base class), and every class have N base class, the mod ask for the class of Player1 with Base1, if the class of Player1 have the Base1, the values default are changed for values of the class, i think is the best way for this, if you ask Player2 with Base7 and the class of Player2 don't have Base7, you only have all values of Base7. I'm thinking about add sub-classes too.

For now, have only 1 value changed for every class (Miner, Farmer, Crafter, Explorer, Tank, Archer...), every class add only exp x2 for this stat, with my mod only can be changed 1 time for the game (Or can be changed with button "reset all"), and with this standalone mod, i can add what i want.

O like the pets idea, maybe 1 pet for every class? a passive pet:
- Minner: your pet take minerals from the closed area
- Farmer: cut trees from the closed area
- Crafter: i don't know, maybe heal clodes cursed's builds (can't be healed now)
- Archer: high dmg, low heal
- Tank: High heal and regen, low dmg
- Explorer: ... Like a light? Xd

Sorry, have a lot of errors, i can't use translate now, i haven't time, i'm going to collage.. :?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

If I'm under the correct impression: L0's not particularly interested in providing support to someone else's mod which is also a standalone mod (not intended to be compatible).

Considering Hardcorio's mod maker himself has declared that it should not be distributed in a pack, and that it's not intended to be compatible, I don't think it's a good use of development time to try and be compatible with Hardcorio (or other extensive mods).
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:If I'm under the correct impression: L0's not particularly interested in providing support to someone else's mod which is also a standalone mod (not intended to be compatible).

Considering Hardcorio's mod maker himself has declared that it should not be distributed in a pack, and that it's not intended to be compatible, I don't think it's a good use of development time to try and be compatible with Hardcorio (or other extensive mods).
Is a mod for mods who want have classes, isn't hard, just i don't have time for this :)
And i don't like hardcorio, most russians in this forum thinks they have priority, this forum have rules, and they don't meet the rules.
Is only for all modders, not only for a russian without respect :roll:
No offense intended.

Return to “Mods”