[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.4+] Creative Mode 0.1.5 - WIP Beta Test for 0.2.0

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:How do the magic wands work? I tried creating tiles but the cursor doesn't change or anything, and clicking, shift-clicking, alt-clicking, dragging, etc., has no effect either...
You have to select the tile type via the menu first. Then drag and release.
Edit: maybe I should make concrete as the default selection.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Yup, I selected tile type, but clicking map, dragging over map, etc., didn't seem to do anything (the tile wasn't added to cursor, it just got a box round it in the GUI).
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:Yup, I selected tile type, but clicking map, dragging over map, etc., didn't seem to do anything (the tile wasn't added to cursor, it just got a box round it in the GUI).
hm... I will try the test version again and upload a gif if it is working when I get home. ;)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

It is the test version:
MagicWandChangeTiles.gif
MagicWandChangeTiles.gif (15.17 MiB) Viewed 7662 times

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Where do I get the actual wand from?

EDIT: Ah, I need to get them from the CM crafting screen.

Hrm.... There's a disconnect between the wand GUI, and the wand item.

Suggestions:

* If I open wand GUI, make sure associated wand is in my hand, or at least quickbar (so I don't have to go hunting crafting menus for it)

* If I pick up a wand, either automatically show the GUI or allow me to click the purple C button in top bar (with wand in cursor) to display the relevant GUI.

This way I don't have to go hunting to for wand items if I go the GUI route, and I don't have to go hunting for wand GUI if I go the item route.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:* If I pick up a wand, either automatically show the GUI or allow me to click the purple C button in top bar (with wand in cursor) to display the relevant GUI.
Yes, I like this. So I will make: when you click the menu button while holding a magic wand, the corresponding magic wand UI will be shown.
aubergine18 wrote:* If I open wand GUI, make sure associated wand is in my hand, or at least quickbar (so I don't have to go hunting crafting menus for it)
For this, I will add a button on the magic wand UI to quickly get the magic wand item. ;)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Mooncat wrote:For this, I will add a button on the magic wand UI to quickly get the magic wand item. ;)
Would be good if it scans my inventory first and pulls from there so I don't end up with loads of wands :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:
Mooncat wrote:For this, I will add a button on the magic wand UI to quickly get the magic wand item. ;)
Would be good if it scans my inventory first and pulls from there so I don't end up with loads of wands :)
Sure. I will try that. Thanks for the ideas. :D

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

When triggering remote interface methods via CM, is something being passed as first parameter?

EDIT: Noticed tooltip on GUI - first param is { player_index = ... }

Would it be possible to add additional property to that table? creative_mode = true

That would make it much easier for remote methods to determine if they are called via creative mode and thus respond differently.

Also, would it be possible to get a new CM remote method for toggling style of button associated with registered remote interface method?

For example, I have a `debug` remote method registered with CM. It would be extremely nice if I could toggle style of button in CM gui based on the current debug mode (on or off). So if debug is on, I do remote.call to CM to ask it to "select" (highlight? toggle?) the button for interface.method and the button goes orange. If player turns off debug, I do another remote.call to CM to change the button back to normal. A bit of cruft, but it would really help me quickly see what state my numerous interfaces are in.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:When triggering remote interface methods via CM, is something being passed as first parameter?

EDIT: Noticed tooltip on GUI - first param is { player_index = ... }

Would it be possible to add additional property to that table? creative_mode = true

That would make it much easier for remote methods to determine if they are called via creative mode and thus respond differently.
Yes, but to make it more meaningful while not making it too long, I would call it creative_mode_modding = true.
In case we will have another way to call the function in the future.
aubergine18 wrote:Also, would it be possible to get a new CM remote method for toggling style of button associated with registered remote interface method?

For example, I have a `debug` remote method registered with CM. It would be extremely nice if I could toggle style of button in CM gui based on the current debug mode (on or off). So if debug is on, I do remote.call to CM to ask it to "select" (highlight? toggle?) the button for interface.method and the button goes orange. If player turns off debug, I do another remote.call to CM to change the button back to normal. A bit of cruft, but it would really help me quickly see what state my numerous interfaces are in.
Although it is not difficult to do, it limits the possibility for me to update the button styles, especially there is a high chance that I will need to do that when 0.15 comes out.
I prefer you change the button caption instead.

Based on your last request about this, you will be able to provide additional data (caption and tooltip) as the third parameter, after the function name, e.g.

Code: Select all

remote.call("creative-mode", "register_remote_function_to_modding_ui",
			"creative-mode", -- Interface name
			"register_by_remote_function_example_2", -- Function name
			{
				caption = {"gui.creative-mode_register-by-remote-function-example-2"},	-- Button caption
				tooltip = {"gui.creative-mode_register-by-remote-function-example-2-tooltip"}, -- Button tooltip
			})
This will be included in remote-interface.lua as an example.
You can call "register_remote_function_to_modding_ui" again to update the caption. It will automatically refresh the buttons.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Superb! :D

I'm slowly working through all components of my mods to add in CM integration. It's such an incredibly useful tool for modding.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

haha, thanks ;)

It is looking good now... just some more tests before it can be released on the mod portal. :P
KeepThemBusy.gif
KeepThemBusy.gif (20.83 MiB) Viewed 7624 times
ReadyFight.gif
ReadyFight.gif (30.52 MiB) Viewed 7624 times

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.0 - Epic update!!

Post by Mooncat »

Released v0.2.0 on Mod Portal!! :D
What a mod
Need some time to update the OP. But I have already updated the version history. Feel free to read it first. ;)

(To beta testers: I haven't tested whether it is possible to load a save that had a beta version of v0.2.0. If error occurs, please load another save that did NOT have the beta version.)

atlas1205
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atlas1205 »

How do i create ore patches? i can only place floor tiles using that red wand

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

If CM GUI is not open, and I create a modifier wand via crafting menu, and then click on a tree (for example), nothing happens.

If I open the CM GUI, it's now showing the modifier wand "about" screen, rather than the actual modification dialog.

If I now click the tree again, the modification dialog finally opens.

What I'd like to happen: With a modifier wand, click anything and the modifier dialog appears automatically, regardless of the current CM GUI state.

EDIT: It seems to work much more reliably when dragging, rather than just clicking.

EDIT 2: item-on-ground entities don't show up properly in the modifier dialog (blank icon, and non-specific name in tooltip)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Creator wand: Not sure if intended, but I am able to select multiple ores at same time in the wand settings screen. (tiles still work as radio, ores work like checkbox)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Modifier wand: Is it supposed to stack alt-mode actions like that?
Also, how to clear/reset alt-mode actions? Maybe allow clicking the labels in that section at the bottom to remove them?

atlas1205
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atlas1205 »

been trying for the whole afternoon, the red creator wand does not create resource patches for some reason. but tiles work.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

atlas1205 wrote:How do i create ore patches? i can only place floor tiles using that red wand
aubergine18 wrote:Creator wand: Not sure if intended, but I am able to select multiple ores at same time in the wand settings screen. (tiles still work as radio, ores work like checkbox)
Oh, looks like it is broken after I implemented the Modifier magic wand. v0.2.1 will be released soon! Thanks for the reports. :mrgreen:
aubergine18 wrote:EDIT: It seems to work much more reliably when dragging, rather than just clicking.
EDIT 2: item-on-ground entities don't show up properly in the modifier dialog (blank icon, and non-specific name in tooltip)
Yes, the magic wands are supposed to be used by dragging.
I used the icons and localised names of the selected entities in the dialog, so blank icon and unexpected names may be shown if they don't have such things.
I will try improving it for item-on-ground. ;)
aubergine18 wrote:Modifier wand: Is it supposed to stack alt-mode actions like that?
Yes, no logic to check if the action stack makes sense. (Except kill and destroy, by closing the dialog right after them.)
I want to keep this because it may be useful for some special cases like, for example, you need to set active = false and then true to refresh some entities.

alfonsomatador
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alfonsomatador »

I can't seem to find the creative crafting menu even though it's enabled. I'm using the latest available in the mod portal.

Mods installed (all updated to latest public version):

Using 0.14.17

EDIT: I found it. It's hidden in the one of the menus and is disabled by default. :/

Return to “Mods”