Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Cursed Exp - Main

Post by Qcor »

Those numbers definitely look better now :D can't wait to test it.

Another 2 topics then:
1) general balance and pace of the progression
2) fishers and other blood/heart income
3) mines

ad1)
So what is the balancing point here? And how long should it take to get to a certain number of talents/lvls .
To be competitive with vanilla items mid-game our tool should be roughly as good as a steel tool. Simply because it is VERY easy to get very early. So our tool ideally should start with low stats but also should be very easily upgradeable to a point where it's about the same as steel tool.

Beyond that point.. well.. hard to tell.
Main question here is "Why would I lvl it up even further than that?". The thing is that I can't really see the reason to do that. Yes, you COULD want to be it a bit faster and I feel that personally I would want to have a better tool but the real question is HOW BADLY DO I WANT IT?.
It is a trade off... instead of lvling up my tool I'd probably prefer to invest in.. well.. plenty of other things.. like maybe armor or weapon or mine or fisher or generator etc.. and each of those seem like a better investment (with much better payoff) than lvling up my tool which is more like a 'quality of life' investment.

So the bottom line here - I feel like simple leveling up the speed of a tool is not good/beneficial enough to be worth investing in beyond the steel-lvl speed (because you can invest in other things to get better/more useful things)

What about armor? Here the situation is similar. Probably should start low but at the same time it should not be hard/take long to get a point where its stats would be comparable to Basic Modular Armor with simple upgrades - again, simply because it is easy to get quite early (it's still green science pack tech).
Beyond that.. well.. it is where things get hard to compare. Obviously the ability to use shield extenders+fusion reactor on top of movement speed gain is a huge upside. You have to somehow compensate the lack of those items. One way is to lvl up armor AND hp regen. It would probably give the similar effect of having a shield which is recharging fast with reactor(s). This way you probably could tank the incoming damage.
The only problem here is how long would it take to get to that point? You need HP regen which is T6(or T5?) and a LOT of armor lvls. Unfortunately I have no idea what is the base hp regen nor how is armor leveling up... but I imagine that it would be a HUUUGE investment of blood/hearts.
Which brings up the next topic:

ad2) So we've got fisher and cursed tree farms. I assume that those 2 are the intended main sources of the blood income, am I right? (the 3rd source would be 'living blood' collected by blood tanks near the defensive positions/kill zones but this is hardly the reliable source IMO especially early and midgame when attacks are quite rare. The 4th source would be a blood donation but I assume it is intended only to kick-start production line very early in the game)

From my very limited experience with this mod (well, it's my first game) it feels like the blood income is slow. I have 4 cursed tree farms + 2 fishers (lvl5 and lvl3) which seemed to be a reasonable amount. Well, it's obvious now that it is just not enough. The problem is that even if I were to double this it still would be quite slow not to mention the space required and pollution (but those seem like a good tradeoff of not requiring power to run).
It FEELS like (and I must stress out the word 'feels' here. I did NOT run any numbers/calculations here so I might be very wrong) it would take a loooooot of time to get enough talents to lvl up all things which I should lvl up. I mean
a) a tool to at least steel lvl
b) armor to somewhere around basic modular
c) hp regen to a point where I could tank even small groups of biters
d) bow to a decent lvl...
and those are just a bare minimum of the mid-game.
Ofc you would probably want to invest also in some fishers/mines in the mean time which pushes your blood demands even further.

It also feels like fishers are a bit slow for their cost. T3 talent is not that cheap. Lets think about how expensive the fisher is or in another words - how long it would take to 'earn' enough blood having 1 fisher to buy new one. I just tested that a lvl 5 fisher produces about 10blood per 2min50sec. Lets assume 3min for easy calculations.
T3 talent = 10 T1 talents (=1000 blood going with 100blood->T1 conversion) or = 10*6parts = 10*6*4 hearts =240 hearts which is equivalent to 240*2.5 blood = 600 blood if going with hearts->blood conversion.
So blood produced by fishers is obviously worth much less than hearts in terms of converting into talents. So how long it would take to buy new one? We need 1000 blood @ 10 blood per 3min rate.. so about 5 hours. Yeaa... not rly a good investment in terms of return rate. :P (and that is lvl 5 fisher so bare in mind that in real game it would probably take even longer because you start @lvl1. Could also take less because I'm not sure how it scales at lvl6+ but you get my point.. it is just not worth the investment in early game. Farms cost almost nothing and give you much more blood)

ad3) miner. This one might be a bit OP imo. My miner is lvl9 currently and it was not that hard to get to that lvl. Now it takes about 85 kW so roughly about the same as single vanilla miner but doesn't produce any pollution and is 18 times faster.
It certainly LOOKS OP at the first glance but I'm not sure about that. At this speed you would mine the spot in no time.. which means moving it = loosing all levels. Also you can have only 2 of them (with no additional investments). Those two factors are quite a big tradeoff so it might be just enough to justify its ridiculous speed. Definitely needs testing..

Oh and one additional observation: I'm quite sure it is OP in modpacks with unlimited ores because well.. you don't ever have to move it which negates its biggest downside and balancing point... but I guess it is a problem of modpack creator, not the mod creator.

valokorden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by valokorden »

that error??? appers when the run up to the steam generator, there is stiil coal drills
Attachments
2015-06-05 18-29-31 Скриншот экрана (2).png
2015-06-05 18-29-31 Скриншот экрана (2).png (118.98 KiB) Viewed 7286 times

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

valokorden wrote:that error??? appers when the run up to the steam generator, there is stiil coal drills
A error with oxygen mod, solved for next version.
Qcor wrote:... Mining tool...
I think the mining tool is perfect now, you need inverst 31 talents tier 2 for a permanent steel-tool, steel-tool needs only 20 science pack 1, isn't important, but 5 steel-plate and have only 5k of durability.
But, steel-axe is the best vanilla's tool, with only 31 talents your tool is a lot better, because: is semi-permanent(a lof of durability and very cheap), mining you can gain talent-parts, exp for mining stat (and with this have chance to get a bonus of items mined and gives more exp for your mines), with only 15 talents you have 3/4 of mining speed than vanilla, with mining lvl 25 you have 25% to get a bonus item, this is better than 4 of mining speed.
And i don't like give a "free" tool better than all, when you have a automated factory, steel-tool haven't a good use, is only for the begin, but with cursed tool you have a lot of benefits.
If you don't like a better cursed tool, don't waste talents in this, but in more than 30 min, only with bonus of mine with a cursed-axe, you can upgrade more than a steel-axe, additional, you need a tech for this, i think a cursed-tool lvl 8 is very easy to get.
With a easier cursed tool i think it's unbalanced.
Qcor wrote:... armor...
Now, the armor is unbalanced, with a armor lvl full, you can have how many biters you want and no one gives you a hit (yeah, they are hitting you, but no one gives dmg)
I've tried to use some of this numbers for lvl 100.
I need a rebalanced of armor with resistences % more stables, maybe from 30% to 65%
but... basic modular armor needs 330 science pack 1 and 240 science pack 2... and 30 advanced circuits, 5 processing circuits, 50 steel-plate... and for processing circuits you need oil processing 50 science pack 1 and 50 science pack 2 and a lot of more work... is like a early mid-game, i think need take from heavy armor, and if you don't focus this, sometimes don't have a heavy armor for firsts attacks.
I need to recalcule resistances with % ~30-65 and higher defense than now.
In a few hour i'll have a new functions for the attack speed of the bow and armor.
Why i need "somehow compensate the lack of shield extenders+fusion reactor", the cursed armor have a bigger grid than all others armors, 21x21 max (for now, i just seen i can have bigger grids now), and from lvl 1, what is the problem with this grid? :(
The base regen of player is 0.01/tick (0.6/sec), and the talent adds 0.005 / level (every talent adds 50% of base regen) and 0.005 every defense level (50% more of base regen).

brb, i'll respond points 2 and 3 later, i need go out :p

EDIT 1:
Qcor wrote:... fishers and treefarm...
I have a big problem with this, if the talents are "free", is soo easy have all what you want and this is very unbalanced (the most talents are unlimited, and can unbalance if you only focus 1 talent).
Donations aren't a bad idea, every 32 lvls of exploration, you have 1 donation bonus, and with a decent regen of hp, can do 8 donations /day (20 litres without exploration).
In a last update, you can get talent parts mining, farming, crafting... in a game i've tested, i have mining-tool lvl 600, armor and bow lvl 250 and others stuff tier 3, without a farm, without a donation, only with this bonus.
- in versions 0.1 and 0.2 the only way to get talents are with farms of hearths :/
But your point is right, need another passive form to take talents, i think the fisher need an increase (and it planned for a future upgrade, maybe the next), isn't only calculate how many blood can you take in x time, you need count exp and levels, is easy, but takes time.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

The tool:

Yes, I agree that the bonuses and speed are OK at lvls around 25-30. The problem is that getting to that point takes a bit too long. In theory you COULD lvl it up very fast.. just invest in it if from the start and it will not take long BUT in practice you probably will NOT invest in it. Why? Simply because there are plenty of more important things to invest in. As a general rule you want to invest in your income first and/or things you need the most at that time. In the early stages you need 1) more resources 2) more blood/talents.
The thing is that you use your tool only in the first few minutes. Then it suddenly becomes much MUCH less relevant. As the result you probably will invest in fishers/mines/etc instead of lvling up your tool... and suddenly you will be at a point where you can easily make steel tool and your cursed-axe is still at low lvl.
I'm not so sure if the bonuses of having cursed-axe are enough of a reason to warrant investing so many talents (ofc it also depends on how hard is to make a talent. You mentioned that it will change so it will change also this whole tool dilemma)

The armor:
L0771 wrote:Why i need "somehow compensate the lack of shield extenders+fusion reactor", the cursed armor have a bigger grid than all others armors, 21x21 max
Just ignore me.. I tried to open the grid and it didn't open so I assumed it just doesn't have a grid. I must have missclicked or sth. It works just fine. Sorry about that :oops:

Blood/talents income:
L0771 wrote:every 32 lvls of exploration, you have 1 donation bonus, and with a decent regen of hp, can do 8 donations /day (20 litres without exploration).
In a last update, you can get talent parts mining, farming, crafting... in a game i've tested, i have mining-tool lvl 600, armor and bow lvl 250 and others stuff tier 3, without a farm, without a donation, only with this bonus
Waaaaaittt... WHAAT?? How?? You mean lvl 600, lvl 250 and another lvl 250 in normal game? Without cheating?
In "only with this bonus" by 'bonus' you mean this random passive income from crafting/farming etc? Well.. then clearly I'm doing something very wrong here because I get 1 part every few minutes.. which is painfully slow.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Qcor wrote:... miner...
You are right, isn't possible take all resources from a cursed mining drill, and with the latest update, where mines don't have a max of level, i think they needs a nerf the speed.
Cursed drills don't produce pollution, they consume this, if you don't have pollution, the drill will lose exp and regress if have less than 0.
And if you destroy 1 mining drill, you can rebuild it, from builds menu (losing a % of exp for this, but isn't a big problem), if you have a bug with this, please report it, i really found A LOT of bugs and no one report it...
Qcor wrote:... tool...
I can give more talents in the beginning, maybe 15 t2 and 30 t1, are the first talents.
But EVERY level gained gives 1 t1 (and general gives 1 t2), i'll add every 5 levels of every stat gives a 1 t2 (and general 1 t3), but if don't spends right, this talents are useless.
Qcor wrote:Waaaaaittt... WHAAT?? How?? You mean lvl 600, lvl 250 and another lvl 250 in normal game? Without cheating?
In "only with this bonus" by 'bonus' you mean this random passive income from crafting/farming etc? Well.. then clearly I'm doing something very wrong here because I get 1 part every few minutes.. which is painfully slow.
I'm sorry, i've checked just now, 600, 8 and 11, is a game only for test, i don't play a map of factorio for... many months... maybe a year, and this game have more time afk than active.
The formula to gain talent part depends of mining level, at lvl 100 you have 20% of chance to gain a talent part every resource you mines, for the numbers, at level 100, you gains 1 talent part / 5 resources mined, 1 talent tier 1 every 30 resources, i don't know how is calculate the amount of resources mined, but, is very easy.
imgs
hmmm do you have Cursed Classes?

EDIT: a new interface
this is the new interface

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

I think I don't understand the basics.. few questions then:

- why your mining lvl is so high? You need to mine 'by hand' to lvl it up, right? So I don't get it.. why would anyone mine so much "by hand" if you have tons of different (I mean vanilla+modded) miners at your disposal? Am I missing something here?
I agree that bonus is nice.. and it could be a source of bonus talents but cmon.. it's not Minecraft :P why would you ever want to mine so much manually??

- how do you think the progression should look like? I mean what do you expect of ppl to build first and invest in first?
I mean my progression was very chaotic. It was sth like bonus crafting-> few 24h day things because my power gen was mainly solar -> miner -> tree farms x4 -> 1st fisher ->2nd fisher. Messed up like hell.. but hey, I had no bloody idea what I was doing :D At least I now know it is the wrong way.
So I'm now wondering what is the right way? How do you see it? Any particular bonuses first? or maybe farms? or fishers? if so then HOW MANY of it in the early-to-mid-game.

Oh and one more thing - it would be rly rly nice to know (in game) how the progression goes. I mean for example that a miners range at certain lvl goes from 3x3 to 5x5, or how fast fisher generates blood at lvl X... you know what I mean.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

I missed your question about cursed classes.
and as it turns out I don't have it because the shadowmegamod pack doesn't have it. (maybe it should?)
Anyway.. just installed it but I can't find any info on what it actually does..

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Qcor wrote:- why your mining lvl is so high? You need to mine 'by hand' to lvl it up, right? So I don't get it.. why would anyone mine so much "by hand" if you have tons of different (I mean vanilla+modded) miners at your disposal? Am I missing something here?
I agree that bonus is nice.. and it could be a source of bonus talents but cmon.. it's not Minecraft :P why would you ever want to mine so much manually??
Only for farm talents, you have 2 ways to farm talents (passive and active), in passive you can use fishers or farms, it gives talents depending of the amount; and in active are all stats (no one likes to farm talents all day, but this way must be a bit better)
Isn't minecraft, but in all free-time, i just take my cursed axe and mine some stone (and i have infinite resources), i have a big farm of trees too (and farming lvl 55-60), i don't know how all ppl plays factorio, i have a lot of "free" time, just waiting ...
Qcor wrote:- how do you think the progression should look like? I mean what do you expect of ppl to build first and invest in first?
I mean my progression was very chaotic. It was sth like bonus crafting-> few 24h day things because my power gen was mainly solar -> miner -> tree farms x4 -> 1st fisher ->2nd fisher. Messed up like hell.. but hey, I had no bloody idea what I was doing :D At least I now know it is the wrong way.
So I'm now wondering what is the right way? How do you see it? Any particular bonuses first? or maybe farms? or fishers? if so then HOW MANY of it in the early-to-mid-game.
hmmm a hard question...
- If your objective is build a rocket defense very fast and finish faster the game, i think you can't appreciate this mod.
- If you don't like farm and don't are a furious builder, and you like kill bitters, spend yours talents T1 in talents T2 to take a better bow and armor, maybe spend some talents in t5 to take talents killing bitters, when bow and armor are lvl ~25 spend some talents in attack bonus and explore bonus (to craft more arrows)... I don't like this way Xd
- If you just don't like farm, only build, i recommends spends all your talents T1 in crafting bonus, the first 7-15 talents in cursed axe, after change T2 for T3 and buy first some walls for yours main gates and all fishers you can, a part of blood spend in bodies and all other in talents t1, with bodies change your electric generators with cursed generators, are a bit hard to get, but produces more energy than all (and are really pretty :D). And maybe make a farm of hearts. And all builds are focused in this players.
- If you like farm, do what you want, spend all in upgrade cursed axe (t2) and for every axe buy 4 mining or farming bonus (t1), buy some wall bases and give all your waste to eat, with a bow lvl 1 can defend against small and medium biters (with the wall obviously)
But all players should spend 7-15 talent t2 in tool, armor and bow.
Qcor wrote:Oh and one more thing - it would be rly rly nice to know (in game) how the progression goes. I mean for example that a miners range at certain lvl goes from 3x3 to 5x5, or how fast fisher generates blood at lvl X... you know what I mean.
In the next update (i think it will be 0.4) is easier to see this
fishers blood = lvl * 0.0002 (lvl * 0.001 in the change) -- I don't know how this calcule the blood taken, this is only speed.
mining radius = math.ceil(lvl / 5) + 0.49 (math.ceil rounds for above)

EDIT:
Qcor wrote:I missed your question about cursed classes.
Only install it, in the beginning the game will ask what class you want, that class gives a (big) bonus of exp, only that.
I don't know why don't work with shadow, maybe other mod from modpack gives problems, i don't know.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Any word on the "battery farming"? ;)

Also, congrats on finally getting a dedicated section. :)
Not like this mod was the first to integrate experience points or anything :roll:
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:Also, congrats on finally getting a dedicated section. :)
Thanks, isn't easy all upgrades, i'm trying to balance my mod...
n9103 wrote:Any word on the "battery farming"? ;)

Not like this mod was the first to integrate experience points or anything :roll:
hmmm what? :oops:

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

I just reached the point where I decided to try your generator. So I build one and as it turns out I missed a little detail - it requires bodies.

and O M G !!!111oneone FIFTEEN THOUSAND blood ?? are you serious?? :lol: it will take emm.. let me calculate it..
15.000 blood is 7500 hearts. 5farms at about 25hears/day gives total of about 125/day... so about 60 factorio days... almost 7 hours.
I also got 3 fishers so a little less.. maybe 4-5 hours.. :shock:

I really hope this generator is just IMBA with this kind of commitment (I had to stop my heart->talent production :( )

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Qcor wrote:I just reached the point where I decided to try your generator. So I build one and as it turns out I missed a little detail - it requires bodies.

and O M G !!!111oneone FIFTEEN THOUSAND blood ?? are you serious?? :lol: it will take emm.. let me calculate it..
15.000 blood is 7500 hearts. 5farms at about 25hears/day gives total of about 125/day... so about 60 factorio days... almost 7 hours.
I also got 3 fishers so a little less.. maybe 4-5 hours.. :shock:

I really hope this generator is just IMBA with this kind of commitment (I had to stop my heart->talent production :( )
I think it's meant for scenarios where you are under constant attack so you get blood from enemies using blood tanks. Haven't tried that way yet but I'm going to.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

Yea I considered it. In this type of game it would be probably more viable.

I guess I'm a bit screwed then cause I'm usually keeping my pollution low. (to the point that I'm 23.5h into my current game -shadowmegamod pack - and I was attacked only 3 times)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Qcor wrote:I guess I'm a bit screwed then cause I'm usually keeping my pollution low. (to the point that I'm 23.5h into my current game -shadowmegamod pack - and I was attacked only 3 times)
Yea, looking for full balance and functionality in a community modpack is rather pointless. A single author's pack is as close as you can get to mods that are *meant* to be used with each other, as opposed to mods that try not to break other mods, or patch in compatibility at some point.
I'm also of the opinion that people using the modpack shouldn't be coming here for help, as there's an innumerable number of variables that this mod has no influence over. But that's IMO.
If it wasn't apparent, Cursed focuses on making and using pollution, with the (formerly :|) highly polluting trees and the mines that are fed by pollution.
Not to mention, I'm not sure what else would result in being "Cursed".
L0771 wrote:
n9103 wrote:Any word on the "battery farming"? ;)
Was referencing your coppertop generator.
You even said the batteries are people.
I didn't think it was done, and what's available was only a very rough version.
hmmm what? :oops:
Was referring to there being several other mods with far less work and complexity being formally recognized with their own sections long before now.
Just me being a sarcastic smartass, as per usual. :mrgreen:
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

Error when loading an existing game: "Error while running the Event Handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/ontick.lua:126:attenpt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
Using shadows mega modpack 7.1.4, if I start a new game and load it I don't get this error, but I get the error for my main world and it's autosaves. If I didn't have 2 and a half hours already in this map I'd rather not start a new one.

EDIT: tried removing mods and the game, reinstalling the game, starting it, quitting adding mods, starting, now even the previously started new map gives the same error. I must have really messed something up.

Also love this mod and everything about it, just one thing I noticed: no sword? Is this a WIP or something you get later in the game or I'm just too stupid to find it?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Qcor wrote:I just reached the point where I decided to try your generator. So I build one and as it turns out I missed a little detail - it requires bodies.
The fisher is a better now, with only 1 fisher, at lvl 14 (is easier now) can make a body every 30 min, with "only" 3 fishers, 1 body every 10 min... But that's only at lvl 14 with 3 fishers... I think is a bit unbalanced, but you need time to get a fisher lvl 14, now in the first 25-30 min (without upgrdes or exploration) can produce yours first 10 talents t1 (1 talent t3, the price of fisher), but this is only with the 2 first, more fishers you need some upgrades...
n9103 wrote: Was referencing your coppertop generator.
You even said the batteries are people.
I didn't think it was done, and what's available was only a very rough version.
Is more like "people farming" jajaja
n9103 wrote:Was referring to there being several other mods with far less work and complexity being formally recognized with their own sections long before now.
Just me being a sarcastic smartass, as per usual. :mrgreen:
I had spoken with moderators, previous versions had many bugs in this version only fix 2 or 3 bugs.
I did not want a forum, I had to work hard on the bugs... Just that ;D
varn wrote:Error when loading an existing game: "Error while running the Event Handler: __Cursed-Exp__/scripts/ontick.lua:146:attenpt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
Using shadows mega modpack 7.1.4, if I start a new game and load it I don't get this error, but I get the error for my main world and it's autosaves. If I didn't have 2 and a half hours already in this map I'd rather not start a new one.
hmm today i'll update to 0.4, i give a condition for this error, but i don't know why happen, i have a lot of conditions for this :(
If happen with 0.4, please tell me
varn wrote:Also love this mod and everything about it, just one thing I noticed: no sword? Is this a WIP or something you get later in the game or I'm just too stupid to find it?
Thanks you, the sword is a proyect, adding a sword now is a big problem, but i want to do that Xd
Isn't implemented for now
sword of blood

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

v 0.4 YAY! can't wait :)

Some kind of tutorial would be nice too.

I still have problems figuring out which bonuses does what. Some are well explained but I'm not sure of those:
  • 1) "defence" - you gain lvl of this only(?) by being hit, am I right? It says "Bonus: 7, HP regen". What does this mean exactly?
  • 2) T1 talent "defence bonus" - is a bonus to how fast you lvl up 1) or .. ? sth to do with walls or turrets ?
  • 3) T1 talent "Attack bonus" - your bow is lvled up by different talent so I guess this is a bonus to turrets maybe?
  • 4) "upgrade mine"/fisher/etc is just a way to get more of them? Sth like "max number of mines" or maybe it does sth more than this?
  • 5) T4 talents "upgrade part X" as I understand gives you more parts? But in what way? It's a mystery to me how it works.. it seems like those parts are given at random... sometimes I get 2 parts one after another and sometimes nothing for quite some time. Is there a pattern to it? Are those part numbers somehow connected to different skills?
  • 6) 'drop talents' makes it that biters drop them when killed? is it a random chance?
Also I just build my first wall and I'm not sure what is the concept here.
So I have a building which allows me to 'grow' walls from it in 4 directions. To grow a piece of wall I need biomass which is passively generated by this building (btw any other means of generating it externally?).
There is a limit of walls length = 16 in every 4 directions (right? I just can't grow it beyond that but maybe it depends of lvl or sth? @lvl 10 now)
You can 'feed' items to this building to lvl it up. Does it make any difference what kind of item is it or just number of items?
With each lvl the building gains HP but walls seem to always have 100hp which seems to be a bit weak.. is that by design? I haven't had a chance to test it so not sure how it works. Does it repair itself using biomass? That would make sense..

So I guess the way to use them is to put main buildings 32 blocks apart and fill the gap with walls, 16 from each side.. right? What happens when main building is destroyed? All its walls disappear or ..?

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

Qcor wrote:
  • 2) T1 talent "defence bonus" - is a bonus to how fast you lvl up 1) or .. ? sth to do with walls or turrets ?
  • 3) T1 talent "Attack bonus" - your bow is lvled up by different talent so I guess this is a bonus to turrets maybe?
In my experience levelling defence, attack and other bonuses in T1 talents gives bonus to xp you gain from doing tasks that give xp. You can see the increase in the stats menu. Apart from that I'm not sure if there are any more benefits of leveling or no, I'd also like to know that.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Qcor wrote:1) "defence" - you gain lvl of this only(?) by being hit, am I right? It says "Bonus: 7, HP regen". What does this mean exactly?
Gains defense level when receives a hit if have cursed armor equiped, this depends on amount of hp losses, the gui isn't right, is solved for next update.
Qcor wrote:2) T1 talent "defence bonus" - is a bonus to how fast you lvl up 1) or .. ? sth to do with walls or turrets ?
All "xx bonus" in Tier 1 talents, are only a bonus in stats.
Qcor wrote:3) T1 talent "Attack bonus" - your bow is lvled up by different talent so I guess this is a bonus to turrets maybe?
Attack bonus gives bow exp bonus and bow level gives exp turret exp bonus (for the next update are showing that bonus)
Qcor wrote:4) "upgrade mine"/fisher/etc is just a way to get more of them? Sth like "max number of mines" or maybe it does sth more than this?
All upgrades are a bonus of expertise and every X lvls you can buy other item (you need more upgrades to buy 10 than buy 9), but i think is a big bonus of exp
Qcor wrote:5) T4 talents "upgrade part X" as I understand gives you more parts? But in what way? It's a mystery to me how it works.. it seems like those parts are given at random... sometimes I get 2 parts one after another and sometimes nothing for quite some time. Is there a pattern to it? Are those part numbers somehow connected to different skills?
Every talent part crafter by hand, you can get a bonus part every 3-5 talents (i don't remember XD), with 0.4 you receive a bonus part of bonus taken from mining, farming, crafting, etc...
Qcor wrote:6) 'drop talents' makes it that biters drop them when killed? is it a random chance??
yep, the stat bow gives chance to get talent parts, but that talent gives chance to get talents t1
Qcor wrote:To grow a piece of wall I need biomass which is passively generated by this building (btw any other means of generating it externally?).
You needs 100 of biomass in the base to "build" a new part of the wall, you can generate more biomass giving items in the base (i started to make a table for some items gives more exp, but i never finished it...)
Qcor wrote:There is a limit of walls length = 16 in every 4 directions (right? I just can't grow it beyond that but maybe it depends of lvl or sth? @lvl 10 now)
I've thought about this, but isn't funny change your walls every level upgrade, or wait some lvls to close your wall.
Qcor wrote:You can 'feed' items to this building to lvl it up. Does it make any difference what kind of item is it or just number of items?
All gives the same for now.
Qcor wrote:With each lvl the building gains HP but walls seem to always have 100hp which seems to be a bit weak.. is that by design? I haven't had a chance to test it so not sure how it works. Does it repair itself using biomass? That would make sense..
I need "pre-load" all entities when i'm start the game, i can do a better function to make all walls with 100 lvls, more hp, more resistances, but, in last game are veeeery op, you can't lose a wall if have 25 of mass in a wall.
If you have more mass-storage, all the wall have more hp, if you have 2 walls connected are more hard to lose 1 slot, what's funny, you can connect 200 walls, have a mass production inside your base and the main wall can be low lvl but have the mass of all walls connected :D
I think isn't necessary more hp, if you have mass, the hp isn't important.
Qcor wrote:So I guess the way to use them is to put main buildings 32 blocks apart and fill the gap with walls, 16 from each side.. right? What happens when main building is destroyed? All its walls disappear or ..?
If you kill the brain... I try to give a life for this walls... (They have 4 hands and a job too)
The base is very hard, a base with 10k of hp and some regeneration, isn't easy to destroy, i think is easy for bitters builds a bridge and attacks for other way.

EDIT:
No one like use a lot of slots in the inventory for that cursed stuff... I'm working on that:
Don't see those graphics.
this

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

Funny thing I just noticed: if you stand near the turret(if I am far from it I get no bow xp at all), and I have the bow equipped, but a different weapon selected I get no bow xp for the kills of the turret. Probably working around this in the code would be complicated so it's not why I'm writing this, just a bit of warning for those that farm bow xp with turrets.

Return to “Mods”