[Concept 0.9.2] Boat Mod!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Concept 0.9.2] Boat Mod!

Post by ludsoe »

Ever wanted to make a boat? I have the solution! I was able to make a vehicle that's only place-able in water. And it can only move in water.(Meaning it collides with land.... And fish) Only meant for this to be a test of some variables for entities, but maybe somebody can find a use for this.

Here's a picture!
I cant do sprite work at all myself, so I'm just using the car sprite for the boat.

Oh and this concept mod also changes shallow water so you can walk in it, (But not build) so you can easily get in and out of boats.
MediaFire Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/99x7t ... oatmod.zip
Attachments
boatmod.zip
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Concept 0.9.2] Boat Mod!

Post by Coolthulhu »

What happens if you try to get out the car-boat while in the middle of a lake?

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I am also working on a mod for this, but my replacement sprites don't work at all :( I've put in a bug report for it.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Coolthulhu wrote:What happens if you try to get out the car-boat while in the middle of a lake?
I actually tried this, it wouldn't let me get out. It seems the developers did a lot of background work that you don't notice in normal play for stuff like this.
One of the reasons I'm starting to love factorio more and more as I play.

This mod seems to be fairly bug free, excluding the fish collisions... But i can work some modder magic and fix that. How ever chances are this will stay a concept mod until some nice sprite sheets appear for it. Then maybe we can see what will happen.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

That's a good idea, but it would be nice if a mod used this to make the train's version too, to be able to make maps that are more island-based and still being able to automate things.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

slay_mithos wrote:That's a good idea, but it would be nice if a mod used this to make the train's version too, to be able to make maps that are more island-based and still being able to automate things.
Ill look into this, and Ill release along side the collision with fish bug fix. If i turn up something.

domtronvox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by domtronvox »

Hi, I looked around for a nice sprite sheet to replace the car. I found one on open game art. The sheet is intended for a top down spaceship, but it looks decent as a boat (at least better then a car on water :P). I tweaked the lua and made tech and icon images from one of the sprites on the sheet. There is a file giving credit to the artist in the zip.

This is the art pack where I got the sprite sheet: http://opengameart.org/content/meowx-sh ... ip-sprites

Attached is a zip and tar ball of the mod. Also attached is the sprite sheet I used.
Attachments
boat-sheet.png
boat-sheet.png (41.31 KiB) Viewed 12617 times
boatmod.tar.gz
Unofficial v.2
(48.34 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
boatmod.zip
Unofficial v.2
(54.8 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Return to “Mods”