[MOD 0.12.x] Tanks! for Bob!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Tanks! for Bob!

Post by nmid »

LCruel wrote:
nmid wrote:Can I use this without Bob's mod?
I haven't graduated to using the bigger mod packs yet and only basing my mods on the core dependencies.
Yes you can, however it might be to overpowered.

If you have time to try it let me know how it plays and send me some feedback. I can reduce the damage depending if bobs enemies is installed or not. But I have no clue how much (%) damage I need to cut to keep it interesting.
I thought it was fine.

I'm playing at 99.99% EVO and those biter worm farms are massively OP.
I really need a tank with better acid protection! :)

R4MPG3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by R4MPG3 »

how do i link the tank with the teleporter?

hyperkiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hyperkiller »

What ammo goes into the auto cannon turrets? I tried to put the 45mm auto shells into it but it is the incorrect bullets.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Will you update this mod for 0.13.1 please? I haven't reached tanks yet, but I love tanks and I want to go roaming around causing mayhem :)

Also, any chance of adding a skin that makes the tanks look like Leopard 2s? B-) B-) B-)

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

So..... is anyone still maintaining this mod? Has it been released under a different name?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Bizobinator wrote:So..... is anyone still maintaining this mod? Has it been released under a different name?
Take a look at the advanced tanks mod.

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

I can confirm that Advanced Tanks is the same as this mod, and works for Factorio 0.13.

That said, I'm not sure what changes OP made to make the original mod work with Bob. Advanced Tanks is specifically a 0.13 update of the original version by KON_Air and Maser. So, if any changes were made to make the mod Bob compatible, they are not in Advanced Tanks.
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

LCruel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LCruel »

how do i link the tank with the teleporter?
When you enter a Tanks for bob tank the gui will show a new button. When you click it you will be linked to that tank for teleportation.

shoudn't you change data-updates.lua to also enable the purple, red and green bob's assembler in tank stuff production?
Tank components should be craft able in the tier 3 and the special tank factories. I am considering changing this to be craft able in all vanilla factories and removing the 'special' tank factory.
Also there an item called "Reinforced Heavy Ordinance Casing" that have no use at all, no recipe use this in it's ingredient.. why??
tbh cant remember, I was working on something concerning the ammo production but dont remember what any more.
It's the flamethrower tank ammo. Dunno why.
Ahh that was my mistake to not update the turrets name. I was experimenting with auto gun turrets. However I had to remove them... to much damage due to friendly fire.
I can confirm that Advanced Tanks is the same as this mod, and works for Factorio 0.13.
As neo said its the orginal 'tankz' mod from konair, that I used to base this mod on. It is not the same as this mod.
Will you update this mod for 0.13.1 please? I haven't reached tanks yet, but I love tanks and I want to go roaming around causing mayhem
So do I. Ill update this version to 0.13 soonish

LCruel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LCruel »

Ill have vacation in a week from now, so ill be getting some free time :-)

I already updates the "cheaper concrete and rails" mod. I need some more time to look over the changes for the 'Tanks for bob' mod.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Thanks for the update! :D Yay! MOAR TANKS

Return to “Mods”