Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.30] Zerg Biter Warfare (ZBW)

Post by Dominic92x »

ZBW
Zerg Biter Warfare

Download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/383 ... _0.0.7.zip

ZBW focuses on having a more dynamic interaction with the biters of Factorio. I am a huge SC1 & SC2 fan - so I took a little inspiration from that game when I first started creating this for mod for Factorio. From there I simply added in mechanics to the game that I thought was fun and interesting. This mod may not be for everyone, and that's okay :) Maybe a few people will get enjoyment out of this unique experience.

Onwards to the changes!

-Change of the Biter mechanics (Similar to what other Biter mods do, biters attitudes can range from content to enraged)

-The later the game goes on, the more aggressive the biters become by expanding with larger numbers and closer to the player bases

-I gave the biters the ability to spread creep. The creep spread slowly increases throughout the game if the players do not 'collect' it to push it back. Creep can be used for many recipes.
Biter Creep -> Image

-Unique end-game Biters
After the biter evolution reaches 0.9, and the creep spread is too far, there is a chance for Creep Spawners to show up. Creep Spawners create the unique biters that add another additional challenge for the players to deal with.
Creep Spawner -> Image
This spawner can create Creepwalker biters, Queen biters, or tank biters.

Creepwalker Biter -> Spread creep as they walk. Image

Queen Biter -> Lay eggs that hatch over time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELololU0-E
These eggs spawn "Broodlings" which are very low HP spitters with high DPS

Tank Biter -> Low damage, high life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi44cro ... e=youtu.be

-An extra vehicle called the Scythe. It is fast moving vehicle with no collision. Hardly any storage, low life, and no weapons.

-Additional turrets:
Creep Tank Turret: Heals slowly over time, lots of health, slow rate of fire
Creep Sniper Turret: Double the range of a normal turret, low health, heals slowly over time
Creep Turret: Slightly more HP than a normal turret, heals slowly over time.
Creep Destroyer: Automatically destroys creep in a 25x25 radius.
The point of having various turrets is to create more of a strategy when it comes to placing defenses. Laser turret spam is not the only solution.

-Creep resource:
Creep can/has to be manually mined by hand! There is no way to automatically harvest it! (Except for robotports/ bots?)
Creep Rounds: Another option to load turrets with! Do decent damage to smaller biters with less cost.
Creep Acid Rounds: These rounds do less damage than the traditional creep rounds, but do acid damage. Making them more worthy against bigger biters.
Creep Wall: A lot of HP, repairs very quickly, no self-heal.
Creep Fuel: Creep can be condensed into fuel. It lasts double the length of solid-fuel but is difficult to obtain.

-Balance Changes & additional changes:
Turret Research: More tiers of turret research to make normal turrets viable later into the game
Damage Research: More tiers of ammo damage to make base weapons more viable later into the game
Steam Engine Upgrades: 2 more tiers of steam engines that output more power, at the cost of more pollution.
Generator research: Add a structure that only needs fuel to produce power. Small and compact. Pollutes. Not as strong as later game steam engines, but have easier setup and maintenance.
Bright Light: A small light that is slightly more expensive that glows much brighter
Pole Lights: Craft a medium power line that will spawn a light on its location when placed.
Power Poles: Extended reach for power and connections.
Substation: Increase substation reach
World Generation: Players have a chance to find chests with a randomly picked goodie inside. Players also have a chance to wander across random buildings

I have not extensively tested this ... I made this for my own enjoyment, so please let me know about opinions, bugs, or etc.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30] Zerg Biter Warfare (ZBW)

Post by ZombieMooose »

I would suggest taking the balance stuff and putting it in another mod, or perhaps turn it off in a config file. It seems a little out of scope for the mod.

As far as the zerg stuff, sounds interesting, I'll give it a try regardless.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Dominic92x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30] Zerg Biter Warfare (ZBW)

Post by Dominic92x »

diongham wrote:I would suggest taking the balance stuff and putting it in another mod, or perhaps turn it off in a config file. It seems a little out of scope for the mod.

As far as the zerg stuff, sounds interesting, I'll give it a try regardless.
Fair enough, feel free to change it as necessary :)

Return to “Mods”