Topics and discussion about specific mods
juliaellie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 12.29]Immersive Ores 0.0.0 - 28.03. - Lets get started

Post by juliaellie »

Immersive Ores

Description:
Hey there. I decided to finally get into factorio modding and this is it.
The mod changes ore gen to generic stone so you have to process the stones before you can smelt the ores. Effectively adding one or more steps to smelting to make our factories even bigger.

This thing is pretty much WIP and by no means perfect. I might or might not add one or more steps to the ore pre processing depending on the feedback from you. It also has some kind of WIP hopper style thing which might or might not be developed further. I designed the mod to be easily expanded and made compatible with other ore gen mods. For now its only Vanilla because I wanted to see the reactions before I sink too much work into compatibility nobody uses anyways :D

Details:

Factorio Version: 12.29
Released: 28.02.2016

License: License? This is modding.. Do pretty much whatever you like (limitations may apply) as long as it stays inside the family.. You know.. no money or stuff involved. Please let me know if you actually use some stuff from this mod. If you copy/steal this mod as a whole without making a derivative work of it you are an ass.

Download
Click me Im a download link!
Attachments
immersive-ores_0.0.0.zip
(86.63 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
I am the one who mods!

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 12.29]Immersive Ores 0.0.0 - 28.03. - Lets get started

Post by Lurkily »

Obvioousy, as with any alpha, needs work. But it also shows promise.

I think you should keep the original ore types. Iron ore can still wash out a lesser amount of stone and copper, copper can wash out lesser amounts of stone and iron, while stone can wash out anything but minimal amounts of stone.

I would also prefer that the output be less consistent. Guarantee a little of each, but have the bulk olf the output be randomly determined.

Return to “Mods”