Zisteau has picked up factorio

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
User avatar
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Contact:

Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by -root » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Link here

Zisteau is a mindcrack minecrafter with over 300,000 subs... I daresay there is going to be a reasonable uptick in participation in the coming days/months. His first video was released a couple of days ago and has already been viewed 20,000 times.

To give some context, my entire channel has 60,000 views. So in one day he has done probably more good than I have in 4 months... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, go check him out and give the video a like. It helps get it further out into youtube.

Tenandra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Tenandra » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:40 pm

I have just brought the game on the back of Zisteau's video, had not even heard of the game before that. Put a few hours in at the weekend, when i could and really enoyed the game. Its going to be interesting to see what Zisteau does with his world. Most people who follow him on minecraft do so because he does eveything to such an extreem it boggles the mind. His builds are always very different from everyone elses and he brings a whole new meaning to the phrase pay attention to detail.

User avatar
Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Xterminator » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Glad you picked up the game! You will have tons of fun, and waste my hours on it. :p
Yeah I will be interested to see how his factory turns out. I am a big fan of that type of play style where everything is done to the extreme.
As -root said, I think it will bring a lot of traffic to the game which is great. :D I think his 1 video has more views than all my Factory videos combined... Lol
Image Image Image

User avatar
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by -root » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Tenandra wrote:Most people who follow him on minecraft do so because he does eveything to such an extreem it boggles the mind. His builds are always very different from everyone elses and he brings a whole new meaning to the phrase pay attention to detail.
Ok, now I'm interested.

The factories he flashed in his videos were pretty run of the mill. I'm keen to see what he comes up with because I always love seeing extreme builds.

Tenandra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Tenandra » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:07 am

so i should be careful not to explode your expectations on the basis that
A) i dont have a great understanding of factorio so really not sure how creative & different one can be with all the components.
B) I am not sure what the purpose of his videos with this game are so far they are very good from a newcomers persepctive. I am looking at others also

So accept my apologies, if i have over stated things.

Zap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Zap » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Can confirm that Zisteau's exposure of the game lead to at least one new purchase :-)

Excuse me while I crash on a planet and build some production chains.

User avatar
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by -root » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Tenandra wrote:so i should be careful not to explode your expectations on the basis that
A) i dont have a great understanding of factorio so really not sure how creative & different one can be with all the components.
B) I am not sure what the purpose of his videos with this game are so far they are very good from a newcomers persepctive. I am looking at others also

So accept my apologies, if i have over stated things.
Its all cool... I just love when people bring something different and new to the game. For example, some people (MeduSalem and RK84) built a furnace that adjusts its output depending on demand. Builds like that are pretty rare. From what I've seen, the basic stuff has already been discovered and it will have to be pretty advanced, building on existing concepts to be something new. If Z is going to do something crazy, my thought process is that it will have to be crazy for us not to have seen it before. See, logic. :mrgreen:

Also, his videos are very much aimed for his audience. I'm skipping through large parts of his videos at the moment :lol: :lol: .
Zap wrote:Excuse me while I crash on a planet and build some production chains.
Just remember to get some sleep :D

alia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by alia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Mandatory me too!

Factorio is a game that I should had heard long ago. I love these types of games. But I hadn't until Zisteau's first video of it. I had the demo downloaded before I had seen half of the video and after watching the rest and trying the demo for 5 minutes I was sold. I mean the game was sold. To me.

Alia

Neferdias
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 am
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Neferdias » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:59 am

I can confirm I own the game partially because of Zisteau, partially because of Bentham... but mostly because it HAD A DEMO. I love demo's and wish more company's would go back to using them.

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by BrinCaspian » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm here thanks to Zisteau. I haven't purchased yet because I had to create a partition and reinstall Mavericks just to try the demo. That isn't a long term solution for me, so as soon as this works on Yosemite I'll be buying!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Boogieman14 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

I can't speak from experience, as I don't have a mac, but I believe the current experimental (0.11.4) works on Yosemite. Doesn't look like there's a demo for that version, but once you buy you'll have access to it.

*edit* and don't let the label 'experimental' fool you, I've bought release games that had more and more serious problems (and far less active/responsive devs)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by BrinCaspian » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Yosemite is listed on the known issues page. According to that post, they don't yet have a machine running Yosemite to let them work on addressing the problem. I'll just continue lurking and watching others play until then. I found the tutorial interesting, but I always prefer sandbox mode for creation/management type games. The game looks awesome.

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by User_Name » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Boogieman14 wrote:I can't speak from experience, as I don't have a mac, but I believe the current experimental (0.11.4) works on Yosemite.
Yep, 0.11.x works on Yosemite
Attach your blueprints to forum posts with Foreman or Blueprint string.

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by BrinCaspian » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, in that case... Time to clear the rest of my day!

User avatar
Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Phillip_Lynx » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:53 am

BrinCaspian wrote:Well, in that case... Time to clear the rest of my day!
Only the rest of the day? I think you are wrong :D

Think in weeks or months ;)

User avatar
Skybox_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:13 am
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Skybox_ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 am

-root wrote:
Tenandra wrote:Most people who follow him on minecraft do so because he does eveything to such an extreem it boggles the mind. His builds are always very different from everyone elses and he brings a whole new meaning to the phrase pay attention to detail.
Ok, now I'm interested.

The factories he flashed in his videos were pretty run of the mill. I'm keen to see what he comes up with because I always love seeing extreme builds.
He just uploaded his his "Main Bus" video. That system he has created will most defiantly surpass "run of the mill" by all means except efficiency.
Image

oppernaR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by oppernaR » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Can confirm, another purchase due to Zisteau here, and I've recognized some usernames on the Factorio reddit from his livestreams so there's most likely a bunch more out there.
Have been exploring the game in peaceful mode for a few days now to discover the tech tree and optimizing processes and automation, but by the looks of it even with bots zippity zappiting around and most of the research automated I have merely scratched the surface.
I won't be recreating the insanity of Z's Main Bus though... just look at his minecraft prank videos to see what he's capable of (and has the patience for).

User avatar
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by -root » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Skybox_ wrote: He just uploaded his his "Main Bus" video. That system he has created will most defiantly surpass "run of the mill" by all means except efficiency.
His idea has already been done

Admittedly, the above isn't as pretty but nothing Z has done yet breaks the mould. We live with baited breath though, from what I can see in his MC videos, he's a tad unpredictable. Also, he kicked the shite out of those biters. At that tech level, that was some really good work.

Krontaur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 am
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by Krontaur » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:40 am

Can Also confirm Big Z introduced me to Factorio, but -root sold me on it.
I have smashed out your speedrun and most of your tuts, you make great videos.
Don't be surprised if you get a few new subs in the coming months, keep it up ya crow eater :P

User avatar
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Zisteau has picked up factorio

Post by -root » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:06 am

Krontaur wrote:keep it up ya crow eater :P
Hey! I can proudly confirm that I am a born and bred cockroach and I will not stand any of this crow-eater business! That is an insult to us with proper convict pasts and you know it. :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “Spread the Word”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users