A big Step in the evolution of Factorio

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

A big Step in the evolution of Factorio

Post by berni1212 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxW7EQh-s1I

Direwolf20 a Big Minecraft Let's Player started an Factorio Series it will be getting full here soon :)

have fun with it and Good news :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxW7EQh-s1I
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: A big Step in the evolution of Factorio

Post by ssilk »

I'm sorry, but we have this nice video-area here, where I moved this thread now into.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

ssilk wrote:I'm sorry, but we have this nice video-area here, where I moved this thread now into.
He isn't promoting his own video, someone elses.

I think this would be better off in spread the word.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You're right.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ShneekeyTheLost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DW20 has even more viewers than Pigderp... er.... Zisteau. And Soaryn has his own following separate from that. Sure, there's some crossover watchers, but there's also a lot that aren't. This is pretty huge, because it also showcases the multiplayer capability of Factorio to a HUGE audience.

Really, though, this is pretty huge for Factorio's exposure.

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

direwolf20 started multiplayer factorio series

Post by Xecutor »

He is kind of minecraft maniac of automation.
And he is quite big youtuber.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ViSsVg_3JUDyLS3E2Un5g

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Merged those two topics that speak of the same minecraft Youtuber who just started a new Let's play Series of Factorio :)

**advertisement** : there is a search button on the top, you cas use it for free guys :)
Every search saves kittens, enlarges your tools, makes your factory more modular and efficient, ... :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

NekoiNemo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NekoiNemo »

A-and that's the reason i'm here.
Just bought Factorio because it looked quite promising in the video.

MeinAccount
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MeinAccount »

They play so horribly... :D That initial setup is far too small.
Dire has much to learn about Factorio. ;)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I actually love the kind of "beginner" let's play series. I mean seeing people who know the game by heart after 100s or 1000s hours of gameplay with every possible mod bombination type won't help the newcommer learn the basics. I like the fact that the people who watch them will tend to learn things in the right sequence, and not with the knowledge that "after 100s hours of testing, I have achieved this optimal layout".

Moreover, as youtubers get experienced with Factorio, there are less new let's play series with newbie oriented content, beginner oriented tricks&tips, explanations of the very basics. They are a invaluable addition to the PGM let's play series other factorian youtubers publish :). Most of beginner oriented stuff is very old, the game has changed a lot since then.

There's a guy called Daniel something in this forum who runs a topic on his "futile contraptions". I love his thread just for the same reason.

ShneekeyTheLost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Koub wrote:I actually love the kind of "beginner" let's play series. I mean seeing people who know the game by heart after 100s or 1000s hours of gameplay with every possible mod bombination type won't help the newcommer learn the basics. I like the fact that the people who watch them will tend to learn things in the right sequence, and not with the knowledge that "after 100s hours of testing, I have achieved this optimal layout".

Moreover, as youtubers get experienced with Factorio, there are less new let's play series with newbie oriented content, beginner oriented tricks&tips, explanations of the very basics. They are a invaluable addition to the PGM let's play series other factorian youtubers publish :). Most of beginner oriented stuff is very old, the game has changed a lot since then.

There's a guy called Daniel something in this forum who runs a topic on his "futile contraptions". I love his thread just for the same reason.
DW20 is actually pretty good about making newbie friendly videos. In his Modded Minecraft series, even though he's done his hundreds to thousands of hours of testing, he still breaks it down for first timers. If he gets interested enough in it that he starts an actual series on it, I could see that series being an amazing tutorial series.

Prankster182
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Prankster182 »

I'm here because of DW20, he is crazy about automation in Minecraft, I'm looking forward to the continuation of his series on Factorio.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Two users in 2 days that posted on the forums. There will probably be at least a couple thousand by the end of two weeks solely due to his videos.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Direwolf20 is cancer of modded minecraft. That's the whole FTB community and the 12yr-olds-casuals after overpowered items and shiny stuff. While I see this as positive for the devs and for the game sales, it is certainly negative for the userbase.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

aka13 wrote:Direwolf20 is cancer of modded minecraft. That's the whole FTB community and the 12yr-olds-casuals after overpowered items and shiny stuff. While I see this as positive for the devs and for the game sales, it is certainly negative for the userbase.

Although he favors a certain area of Modded Minecraft, any one player do as well. He pushes mods and modders to develop around some kind of idea (automation-ish), but other people (the majority) plays other things as well. 12 year old people are still people, you like it or not. And some of them have the maturity to not say things like calling someone a cancer of something just for reasons.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Oh sorry, I forgot that on the web 2.0 the only valid opinion is the opinion where you have to say that everything is great and that everyone is equal and valued. How foolish of me to dare to say what I actually think.

Direwolf represents everything that has gone wrong with modded minecraft - starting from ftb and ending with nowadays railcraft and Tinkers Construct.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

aka13 wrote:Oh sorry, I forgot that on the web 2.0 the only valid opinion is the opinion where you have to say that everything is great and that everyone is equal and valued. How foolish of me to dare to say what I actually think.

Direwolf represents everything that has gone wrong with modded minecraft - starting from ftb and ending with nowadays railcraft and Tinkers Construct.
But started a bunch of things, you can't blame one person for everything. And if you can't hear bashing against you think, you shouldn't be in the internet. This is the place of disagreement. You bash at people, people bash at you. Deal with it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Please people, stay calm, and play Factorio. ;)

If all the FTB community and the 12yr-olds-casuals come to play Factorio, it's only good for Factorio. More money for the devs will just have as consequence more love from the devs to their awesome game. No drawbacks.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

I hope that your prophecy will turn true, Koub. From what I have experienced with adding more money and a new playerbase to minecraft mods, when patreon became a thing and got widespread and popular, that it has corrupted many great mods. THe devs became too greedy and gave up their initial vision for $. I can understand them as a human, but I sadly can not understand them as a former fan of their mod.

Let's hope that factorios dev team stays strong and true to their vision and ways, and will not go for a cashgrab.

Prankster182
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Prankster182 »

aka13 wrote:Direwolf20 is cancer of modded minecraft. That's the whole FTB community and the 12yr-olds-casuals after overpowered items and shiny stuff. While I see this as positive for the devs and for the game sales, it is certainly negative for the userbase.
Wow, I came here to let the devs know how I discovered the game and I am immediately slapped in the face with this toxic spew drooling from some keyboard warriors fingers.

12 year olds? Stop acting all high and mighty over there, me and 2 friends bought factorio for the multiplayer after seeing dw20 playing it on his channel, we are all between 28 and 30. He has half a million subscribers, granted that's not a lot compared to some channels but if 5% do the same as me and show a couple of friends that's an extra 75000 sales.

And to be fair with the way you've conducted yourself in this thread the user base already has it's fair share of problems.

Return to “Spread the Word”