Better trending algorithm

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Better trending algorithm

Post by Xorimuth »

I think that generally trending lists should be more dynamic than the current trending list, which more or less resembles the "Most downloaded" tab. It would be better if it was able to highlight smaller mods that are growing fast instead of the largest mods, which are also growing fast!

Separately, there should be a new category for 'lib' mods, like stdlib/flib, which could be excluded from the trending tab?
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Better trending algorithm

Post by Xorimuth »

From looking at trending today, it as actually a lot closer to what I wanted it to look like. I think the issue was because 8 days ago all of Bob's mods updated, so they all got a lot of downloads from everyone updating (and there's so many of them that they take up the whole front page).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”