Unable to login into mod portal on new website

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
fezzy_wezzy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to login into mod portal on new website

Post by fezzy_wezzy »

When the new website was put live, I tried to download a mod. It asked me to log in, and after inputting my details it took me back to the page for the mod I had wanted to download, but the "login" button at the top right stayed "log in" and the mod would not download.

I thought it might be an incorrect password error, so I reset my password. But even if I log in, it doesn't acknowledge that I have, and reverts to the non-logged-in page.

I do however stay logged in on the forums.

Downloading mods themselves is not a problem, since I can download mods that I have found on the website via the game itself. I also update mods there. However, after searching the forums I have not found any other reports of this.

I am running a MacBook Air Retina 2019, running Safari 13.1.1. I tried logging in on Firefox, my non-default browser and it logged in successfully.

Not sure of what reports I can give about this, but if you need any further information, please let me know.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unable to login into mod portal on new website

Post by Koub »

The account you have to use on the mod portal is the same as you use on Factorio website https://www.factorio.com/.
The forum uses a different account, that has no link whatsoever with your Factorio account.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

fezzy_wezzy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fezzy_wezzy »

Thank you for that nugget of information. I just tried logging in on factorio.com, and I logged in successfully. After clicking on the Mod Portal link in the top left, it led me to the mod portal, but the logged in status did not come with me. So when I tried to log in with the same info put in at factorio.com, the issue mentioned continued to persist.

After a close look at the mod portal log-in screen, I saw that it asked for username or email address. I tried both avenues, and I did not manage to log in.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Try to restart your browser, make sure it is an actual restart and not still running in the background.

fezzy_wezzy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fezzy_wezzy »

Thank you Loewchen, it turns out that I forgot Rule 1 of troubleshooting.

After a restart of my computer for good measure, it logged in successfully.

Thank you for your help, Loewchen and Koub.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”