Mod Portal - Star/Watch Mods

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mod Portal - Star/Watch Mods

Post by invisus »

TL;DR
We currently have the ability to subscribe and get notifications for specific "discussions" within a mod, but sadly no way to watch, star, or otherwise follow at the mod level.
What ?
  • The ability to flag a mod in the mod portal
  • Later be able to review the list of flagged mods in my profile or the notifications page
  • The ability to manage notification for flagged mods: optionally subscribe to mod updates, new discussions, etc
Think something like github's star/watch functionality.

I often find myself browsing the mod portal, and have want to keep an eye on, or watch a mod. Even if I don't intend to install and use it immediately, there are often mods in active development or otherwise a work in progress that I'd like to watch. I'd like to be able to reference a list of "watched" mods from within the mod portal.

Currently I'm having to use browser tabs, a notepad, or manually curated bookmarks to accomplish this, and even then, I have to manually check periodically for updates. While these are somewhat workable, they're a bit cumbersome and I often lose track of mods and struggle to find them again.
Why ?
I think the ability to flag mods from within the mod portal, and select to opt into updates (mod updates, new discussions, etc) would greatly enhance the utility of the mod portal, and bring players closer to all of the great mods cultivated by the community.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod Portal - Star/Watch Mods

Post by Koub »

[Koub] moved to Mod portal discussion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod Portal - Star/Watch Mods

Post by invisus »

Welp, it now makes sense why my searching through Ideas and Suggestions wasn't returning anything similar.... I didn't know there was a forum specifically for the Mod Portal.

This is certainly a dupe...

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”