Unable to upload mod, likely due to file size issue.

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
vicarion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unable to upload mod, likely due to file size issue.

Post by vicarion »

I wanted to make it easier for people to try lilstrip's scenario featured in the latest fff. I bundled the scenario into a mod and attempted to upload but got the error:

Error: Unknown error (JS2). Please open a support thread on the forums and attach your mod

I attempted to attach the mod, but also got an error when trying to do that. I think all of these issues are related to the file size being ~250mb

ABacker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Unable to upload mod, likely due to file size issue.

Post by ABacker »

I got this error too, but the file size of my mod is only 400kb.

I want to know if there is an error in my mod or the network goes wrong.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

If y'all need a temporary work-around, upload to it somewhere like Google Drive, or Dropbox, and post your thread with a link to it there. All the developers really need is to be able to download the mod from somewhere. Obviously doesn't solve your specific problem here, but it'll let you get the support you needed for the moment.

ABacker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ABacker »

Problem solved with VPN.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

ABacker wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:40 am
Problem solved with VPN.
Huh. You almost certainly have a path MTU discovery issue between you and the Factorio forums. Since using the VPN resolved it, it isn't your computer, so it must be some router or other between you and the Factoiro servers that does not share a common path with the VPN traffic. I'd personally try very hard to get that resolved, because it'll cause you other semi-random problems that are hard to diagnose over time.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

vicarion wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 am
Error: Unknown error (JS2). Please open a support thread on the forums and attach your mod

I attempted to attach the mod, but also got an error when trying to do that. I think all of these issues are related to the file size being ~250mb
ABacker wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:39 pm
I got this error too, but the file size of my mod is only 400kb.
The size limit is currently set as 300mb and the form will tell you if you exceed this size. I ask both of you to attempt to upload again, the error message should be more detailed now. Please also send me your IP address by private message to help me diagnose this.
ovo

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”