[Suggestion] Better sorting on User Pages.

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Pongles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Suggestion] Better sorting on User Pages.

Post by Pongles »

Suggestion: Better sorting of mods on a user page.

Context: I was recently looking at Klonan's page on the Mod Portal and found it a bit awkward that the first 5 mods on the list were ones that were depreciated. As well, since the mods are listed alphabetically, there are mods that aren't depreciated but haven't been updated to newer versions higher on the list than recently updated entries.

For a solution I would suggest a few things:
  • Give deprecated mods a lower priority than active mods
  • Give recently updated mods a higher priority than stagnant mods.
It would also be nice to have the ability to filter the user's mods the same way as can be done in the regular search (by type, by game version) but I don't know if that's worth doing at this point.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Suggestion] Better sorting on User Pages.

Post by Deadlock989 »

+1

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

User pages are pending an overhaul but I've improved the sorting!
ovo

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

It'd also be great if the version flags were available (or versions were somehow visually highlighted better). I have one mod that is only available for <=0.16 (because it's a vanilla feature in 0.17), but it's the second mod listed on my page due to download count now: https://mods.factorio.com/user/eradicator
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Schallfalke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schallfalke »

I have seen the mod portal now has the mods sorted in descending order on number of downloads.

But is it possible to have some flags (like some "?key=name&order=asc" after the URL) to sort in the old way?
Sometimes I want to scan through and test mods of an author, so allowing the old sorting could be useful.

EDIT: Another sorting key using "Last updated time" will also be useful, just like what it currently being used by "Recently updated" tab. So the whole idea is letting user to select the sorting key to be used.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”