New Mod Portal Category: Start

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Mod Portal Category: Start

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I have noticed there are many mods in the mod portal which affect how your game starts or what items you start with. If you search "start", you'll get 10 pages of mods, with perhaps as many as half of them fitting into this category. There are probably quite a few more which aren't pulled up by this search term.

Please add the category "start" so that they can be better categorized from now on, making it easier to browse these mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Mod Portal Category: Start

Post by bobingabout »

It would also be nice if you could select more than a single category for a mod.

Back in the old 3rd party mod portal, you could do that, and it made sense, because most of my mods fit into more than one category, and right now I have to decide which category I want it to appear in.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobingabout wrote:It would also be nice if you could select more than a single category for a mod.
Honestly the fact that you can't feels more like a bug than a missing feature in this age of tag clouds and user-tagging. Maybe new tags could be added based on some common search terms?

+1 in any case for "start" and multi-tagging

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

+ for tags, not categories like now

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Definitely need to be able to select more categories.

I like categories over tags, because it ensures people use the same terminology. It groups mods better. But it doesn't work when people can't figure out which single category their mod fits into. I'd support having both tags and categories, so the tags can help you if the categories are lacking.

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”