Mod Portal - Application Error (Unable to Access)

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
TreefrogGreaken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod Portal - Application Error (Unable to Access)

Post by TreefrogGreaken »

Hello!

Is the MOD portal down for anyone else? I'm getting a page saying Application Error when I try to access it.

From in-game im also getting no connection, I've tried on other browsers and on my mobiles 4G.

Anyone else having issues?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod Portal - Application Error (Unable to Access)

Post by prg »

Yes, it's been overloaded since the 0.15 update. It's still somewhat usable from time to time.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Sometimes it's very available... other times, like now on the weekend, not so... or not at all.

The old problem with server resources: demand underestimation. And that's the generous view.

generalsnipe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by generalsnipe »

Is there a way to spin up another machine and load balance? We may be overloading this site.

yay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yay »

Can someone who still has access maybe dump the "most downloaded" mods into a torrent or something? They all should have licenses that permit that, right?

And can we have a sticky thread for "mod portal is down/slow/whatever" (+ all others locked)? I'm not even sure which one I'm in at the moment, I think I thread-hopped accidentally :D

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I don't think any of us follow the licenses tbh. I'm thinking dumping the entire thing and call it factoriobay.

Mathematics7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mathematics7 »

I don't think any of us follow the licenses tbh.
Most mod licenses are not very restictive. Under GPL, MIT, mozilla and all Creative Commens licenses it is allowed to redistribute the work if it's not for commercial use (CC BY-NC and more restrictive), you give propper credit, indicate that you didn't change anything (it's just uploaded to a different forum) (or note your changes (not CC BY-ND or more restrictive, these licenses don't allow modification)), share under the same license and note that your work is not endorsed by the original author. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm going to upload all my mods (only a few, unpopular mods, so it won't really help, except if very many mod author do this) on Nexus too, because of these errors/slow page loads on mods.factorio.com .

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”