Transfer mod ownership

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
NiftyManiac
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Transfer mod ownership

Post by NiftyManiac »

I'd like to take over ownership of the StickyNotes mod, having gotten permission from the author (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30980&start=40). Would it be possible for the devs to transfer it to my account?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Transfer mod ownership

Post by Bilka »

Bumping this as a request to make this function available to mod authors.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Additional suggestion:
Allow multiple authors. Sometimes you just want to allow someone else to do the management without relinquisihing all your own rights. As a full fledged permission system is probably out-of-scope, how about two categories:

Owner: Can do everything.
Collaborator: Can do everything except changing permissions.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

eradicator wrote:Additional suggestion:
Allow multiple authors. Sometimes you just want to allow someone else to do the management without relinquisihing all your own rights. As a full fledged permission system is probably out-of-scope, how about two categories:

Owner: Can do everything.
Collaborator: Can do everything except changing permissions.
Went ahead and implemented this. It is now possible to add collaborators to your mod as well as transfer your ownership of it. Thanks for the suggestion.
ovo

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Sanqui wrote:Went ahead and implemented this. It is now possible to add collaborators to your mod as well as transfer your ownership of it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thank you for your quick work. That was waaay faster than expected :D.
Edit: Hm. Did a quick test. Adding collaborators has no confirmation dialogue (which is fine), does ownership transfer have a confirmation (i don't dare to click and try...)? Would be kinda scary otherwise. :D

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

eradicator wrote:
Sanqui wrote:Went ahead and implemented this. It is now possible to add collaborators to your mod as well as transfer your ownership of it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thank you for your quick work. That was waaay faster than expected :D.
Edit: Hm. Did a quick test. Adding collaborators has no confirmation dialogue (which is fine), does ownership transfer have a confirmation (i don't dare to click and try...)? Would be kinda scary otherwise. :D
It does have a confirmation screen. But make sure you know what you're doing ^^
ovo

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”