Mods for 0.14

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mods for 0.14

Post by DaveMcW »

Someone tell me when it's safe to update mods for 0.14 without breaking everything for people still on 0.13.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mods for 0.14

Post by DRY411S »

DaveMcW wrote:Someone tell me when it's safe to update mods for 0.14 without breaking everything for people still on 0.13.
I'm assuming that factorio v0.13 and v0.14 will look for the version number in info.json, and therefore you can have BOTH v0.13 and v0.14 versions of your mods available for download?

itsnotvalid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by itsnotvalid »

Apparently they never thought about parallel support of different base versions. This makes the mod portal and in-game updates of mods totally unusable. I can't even force enable 0.13 mods on 0.14 game (without modifing the files).

DukeAl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DukeAl »

Apparently people prefer to complain instaid of verifying if their complain is valid.
The mod portal works just fine. When running a 0.13.x version it won't update mods to 0.14x versions and if running a 0.14x version it won't download a 0.13.x version.

For everyone afraid to of messing up their game, just do a backup like any reasonable person would do.
Or if you own the DRM-free version of Factorio you can have both (0.13 and 0.14) runnning without any problems. The ziped package has everything in the Factirio folder (game,mods,saves,settings) so there is no danger when having multiple versions on your hard drive.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

DukeAl wrote:Apparently people prefer to complain instaid of verifying if their complain is valid.
The mod portal works just fine. When running a 0.13.x version it won't update mods to 0.14x versions and if running a 0.14x version it won't download a 0.13.x version.
Confirmed that it works as described above for me. However, in factorio v0.13, if there is a v14 and a v13 version of the mod available, the mod installer 'table listing' shows there is a version available, but not the mod version number. Trvial, but inconsistent with what v14 of factorio shows.

winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by winkieman »

DukeAl wrote: just do a backup like any reasonable person would do.
crap, crap, CRAP! Do a back up! Dammit, I know this from the DOS days... Windows has made me lazy. :oops:

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”