Collections that can be shared

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Collections that can be shared

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Hey,

how cool would it be if we could create Collection of Mods that then can be downloaded all at once.
Same as the Steam Workshop Collection Feature.

With that people could create collection of specfic playthough, share them and people dont need to search hundreds of modname.
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Collections that can be shared

Post by FuryoftheStars »

LuziferSenpai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 am
Hey,

how cool would it be if we could create Collection of Mods that then can be downloaded all at once.

With that people could create collection of specfic playthough, share them and people dont need to search hundreds of modname.
I think you can already do this by creating a Modpack. Afaik, all this requires is a mod with an info.json file that lists the dependencies. No actual code required if they all play nice with each other in the first place.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Collections that can be shared

Post by LuziferSenpai »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm
LuziferSenpai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 am
Hey,

I think you can already do this by creating a Modpack. Afaik, all this requires is a mod with an info.json file that lists the dependencies. No actual code required if they all play nice with each other in the first place.
Yes you can, but it would be awesome WITHOUT that. It would make sharing a playthough or something similiar way easier.
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”