Splitting threads

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Splitting threads

Post by Pi-C »

The mod portal has been considerably improved lately, and even some of my pet peeves (e.g. listing the mods I'm collaborating on) have been addressed. Thanks a lot for all the effort!

Now, I've noticed something else that would make the mod portal even more useful: the ability to split threads on the discussion page. There is that one thread on the board of one of my mods that was started to open a bug report, then a feature request was added, and more bugs have been filed there in the meantime. Keeping different topics in the thread makes it hard to follow what bug has been fixed already, or which new feature has been implemented. If I could just move selected posts to a new thread, this would make it easier to organize everything.

Is there any hope to get this added? :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Splitting threads

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I kind of wonder if it'd be possible to just integrate that entire discussion section for the mod's on the mod portal to these forums. Each mod would have it's own subsection, with the mod authors being moderators of their own section. :)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”